Macross Ace

Ganbare

Minmei complex? :blink:

I think that refers to the popularity of her Minmei character overshadowing her music career. Sort of like an actor being typecast to a popular TV character. She must feel like "hey I have other musical talents besides singing Macross songs."

I think that refers to the popularity of her Minmei character overshadowing her music career. Sort of like an actor being typecast to a popular TV character. She must feel like "hey I have other musical talents besides singing Macross songs."

She DOES feel like that. Or, as she put it at a gig once, "I've made twenty f*cking albums, but all people remember is Macross!"

Been meaning to ask is Macross Ace printed on good quality glossy paper, or is it the typical low quality "toilet paper" type 70's era comic book era crappy paper used on most Japanese phone-book thickness manga?

Graham

Some of the latter, but more of the former. Essentially, it's somewhat better quality than Shonen Ace.

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked up the second edition (missed the first - BOOOO <_< ) and am LOVING IT!

I don't care about knowing the dialog at the moment since I know the story so well.

FINALLY someone actually showing the true scale of the Regult and Glaug! I'm loving Mikimoto's version of the story. The little changes from the anime are very refreshing. Minmay portrayed as the innocent tease she's always been described as, is so much fun. The Zentradi are so much more menacing in this Manga than the anime ever portrayed them. Very much a DYRL vibe there.

I find it amusing that there is only 90 pgs of actual story and the rest of the 300pgs are ads, interviews and the like for the latest Macross incarnation.

I actually prefer the new head on the VF-1D and the subtle changes, like the UNSpacy flight suits and the helmets for the pilots.

I didn't know what to expect from this book, but I can say I am very pleasantly surprised.

Now to do the impossible! Tracking down a copy of volume 1 !!!! :ph34r:

She DOES feel like that. Or, as she put it at a gig once, "I've made twenty f*cking albums, but all people remember is Macross!"

Well she's getting into producing now, something she really should have been doing a long time ago. B))

I find it amusing that there is only 90 pgs of actual story and the rest of the 300pgs are ads, interviews and the like for the latest Macross incarnation.

HUH? You realize that there are other comics in Macross Ace BESIDES Macross the First, right...?

I'd say it's about 290 pages of comics and articles, and about ten pages of ads...maybe even fewer.

Indeed. Hence why I usually make it a point to buy one of those albums when I have her sign Macross stuff. I still wish I'd seen that glare my friend says she gave us when we showed up at Fanime in costume. Though I did note her staring during DYRL.

Hey it's me Ichido Reichan again, Gubaba I haven't been in the forum for a long time but can I ask you, Why is 7th Chord and not 7th Code? I thought you translate that as Code.

also, yes, here is a promo of my project of the MACROSS ACE in SPANISH!!! come Check it out!!

way cuter than the other one mind you :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?iily9bz9cdb

------------------------------------------------

Dos amigos de Chile han decidido traducir la revista completa de MACROSS ACE para el publico de Habla hispana.

Nuestra pagina ha sido creada y todavia estamos trabajando en el promo de la revista, mas detalles vendran despues, El primer Volumen estara disponible en algunos meses, contratamos a un traductor profesional para la creacion de este sueño de dos amigos que simplemente no aguantaron tener esta revista en japones con toda la informacion. Si te gusta Macross tanto como a nosotros, suscribete!!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VQ577Q4G

Bittorrent

http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=torrentinfo&tid=79901

Hey it's me Ichido Reichan again, Gubaba I haven't been in the forum for a long time but can I ask you, Why is 7th Chord and not 7th Code? I thought you translate that as Code.

When you sent me the PM a month ago asking if you could use my translation instead of paying someone else to do it, I outlined why I thought posting scans of the entirety of Macross Ace was a bad idea at this point. If you still want to go ahead and do it, fine. But please don't ask for my assistance. Thanks.

As a Spanish speaker, that offer is VERY tempting... but I'll pass. On this day and age, if people want to anonymously sneak something out in the internet, they will, period, and there is nothing anyone can do about it - except making it available for sneaking in the first place. I do want to be able to see and read Macross Ace, but I want even more to see it finish its run naturally first, and supporting anything that might backfire against that goal... nah, not gonna do it. Thanks anyway.

---

Ciertamente, es una oferta bastante tentadora... pero paso. En estos tiempos, si alguien quiere piratear algo en internet de manera anonima, lo haran, y no hay nada que se pueda hacer al respecto - excepto evitar la posibilidad de que ese algo sea pirateado en primer lugar. Por mas ganas que tenga de leer Macross Ace ahorita, mas ganas aun tengo de que termine su publicacion entera en primer lugar, y no quiero hacer nada que ponga eso en el mas minimo riesgo. Gracias de todas maneras.

Hey Gubaba, I'm asking you about a specific question, dont get all sentimental on me, just say "no I won't answer" the forum doesnt care what happened between what we talked before, I care little for your translations and what happened to them, I got my own, you can retire tomorrow and the world will keep spinning without you.

then is "7TH Coodo" stupid writing system that leaves the "R"s out, for me that sounds like code, Case closed.

but I want even more to see it finish its run naturally first, and supporting anything that might backfire against that goal... nah, not gonna do it. Thanks anyway.

Linden you are full for BS, you know that? like the japanese care about what happens to a comic magazine outside their own market, this will never see the day of light in english, and all the anime of macross is pirated anyway, fansubs of Zero, Seven and Frontier, if Gubaba can't stand piracy too bad, but it was here before he came.

---

mas ganas aun tengo de que termine su publicacion entera en primer lugar, y no quiero hacer nada que ponga eso en el mas minimo riesgo. Gracias de todas maneras.

Linden, a nadie le interesan tus morales o "lo que puedes hacer que ponga en riesgo" tu no eres japones y no le interesa a los japoneses lo que hagas o no hagas, aca todos se han visto ya macross seven, macross zero y macross frontier, series sin licencia y traducidas ilegalmente, estoy seguro que tu tambien pirateas tanto como el resto, me limpio el poto con tus morales y decisiones, quedate soñando solo que salvaste el mercado japones...hahahaha

then is "7TH Coodo" stupid writing system that leaves the "R"s out, for me that sounds like code, Case closed.

You've still got a thing or two to learn about transcribing Japanese if you're dismissing chord as a potential match for "koodo", based solely on the lack of an r which would then come with another vowel to mess up the pronounciation.

Edited by VF-25 Messiah

Anyone else find it extremely ironic and insulting that Ichido is saying he doesn't care about Gubaba's translations 'coes he has his own, but is still asking him for a translation of THE F%%KING TITLE?? And in the same sentence, no less?

Dude's got some 'tude, man. :rolleyes:

Anyone else find it extremely ironic and insulting that Ichido is saying he doesn't care about Gubaba's translations 'coes he has his own, but is still asking him for a translation of THE F%%KING TITLE?? And in the same sentence, no less?

Dude's got some 'tude, man. :rolleyes:

He must have just eaten a Mentos.

Hey Gubaba, I'm asking you about a specific question, dont get all sentimental on me, just say "no I won't answer" the forum doesnt care what happened between what we talked before, I care little for your translations and what happened to them, I got my own, you can retire tomorrow and the world will keep spinning without you.

Hey, you asked in public, so I answered in public. I didn't think it would be a problem.

Case closed indeed. Checking my notes, it turns out you're right and I'm wrong. About everything.

Fair enough?

also, yes, here is a promo of my project of the MACROSS ACE in SPANISH!!! come Check it out!!

way cuter than the other one mind you :)

Very cool, can't wait to see the final product!

Do you guys have a blog or an RSS feed I could subscribe to?

Edited by Sketch

Do you know how the Japanese spell the word "card"? It's kaado (カード). What about Mazinger Z? Majingaa Z (マジンガーZ). So yes, cord/code/chord in katakana will be written the same way (コード). You seem to have called the Japanese writing system stupid, haven't you?

So, I've been meaning to ask this since the first issue came out. If you don't read Japanese at all, IS there any reason to buy this other than the good karma and intangible moral satisfaction of supporting the franchise and not committing piracy? Such things are nice and all but if that's all I get for my money I'd rather spend it on more tangible things like toys, and textbooks, and food. :unsure:

For instance, even though I can't read anything in the chronicles the amount of line art and full color illustrations make it close to wroth the price (although I've kind of given up on trying to get them in the hopes they'll release compiled volume eventually.)