Macross Ace

Ganbare

Very confusing! Somebody pls confirm this.

200905000495.jpg

http://www.kadokawa.co.jp/mag/bk_detail.php?pcd=200905000495

Macross ace combine with Gundam ace? My brtohr have tried to translate the page from Kadokawa, but still confusing since it's have own price. Firts release on Sankakucomplex.com....

Somebody, pls confirm this, ASAP!

I believe it's just a copy and paste error; they probably for got to remove it for the entry as Gundam Ace and Macross Ace are similar publications. The cover clearly only has Macross.

More pics of the magazine:

http://asagawo.blog.shinobi.jp/Entry/1240/

Unfortunately, I don't see it available online for purchase anywhere.

Edited by veffidas

More pics of the magazine:

http://asagawo.blog.shinobi.jp/Entry/1240/

Unfortunately, I don't see it available online anywhere.

Yes, surprisingly they have bough it !

Anybody know how to buy this mags? Need the info, if don't.... there's big chance most of us, living outside Japan, can't bought the copy of Macross Ace vol.02

If you go to 'this month mag release page' (have been translate to English) and click the information about Macross Ace vol. 002, you'll find this:

http://www.kadokawa.co.jp/mag/bknum.php?tp=gundam_ace

The book code are been renewal...what's that mean?

Perhaps Mr, Gubaba can solve this mystery...ASAP respond, pls?

Nothing to solve, really. Macross Ace is published under the umbrella of Gundam Ace, just as Zeta Gundam Ace was a few years ago. So technically, Macross Ace is a "Gundam Ace Special."

Do we really NEED more reminders that Macross will always be second banana..? <_<

Nothing to solve, really. Macross Ace is published under the umbrella of Gundam Ace, just as Zeta Gundam Ace was a few years ago. So technically, Macross Ace is a "Gundam Ace Special."

Do we really NEED more reminders that Macross will always be second banana..? <_<

Why are they doing this ? <_< Macross can't be popular of it own ? :huh:

Why are they doing this ? <_< Macross can't be popular of it own ? :huh:

Look at it this way. Gundam Ace is a spin-off of Shonen Ace. Likewise, Macross Ace is a spin-off of Gundam Ace.

Macross Ace Vol. 001 said "Gundam Ace, March" on it. They're not "doing" anything, apart from folding all their related magazines under one umbrella.

Argh, reality bite! So, correct me if I'm wrong, to get Macross Ace we need buy Gundam Ace?

Argh, reality bite! So, correct me if I'm wrong, to get Macross Ace we need buy Gundam Ace?

No, you buy Macross Ace if you want Macross Ace; Gundam if you want Gundam.

All Gubaba is really saying is that news about Macross Ace will get mixed in with news about Gundam Ace (or, more specifically, that, if you want to find news about Macross Ace, you'll likely get more information if you broaden your search for news about Gundam Ace). Although, if the publisher for Gundam Ace goes bankrupt, then there won't be any Macross Ace, either.

Edited by veffidas

No, you buy Macross Ace if you want Macross Ace; Gundam if you want Gundam.

All Gubaba is really saying is that news about Macross Ace will get mixed in with news about Gundam Ace (or, more specifically, that, if you want to find news about Macross Ace, you'll likely get more information if you broaden your search for news about Gundam Ace). Although, if the publisher for Gundam Ace goes bankrupt, then there won't be any Macross Ace, either.

I'm not even really saying that...I'm just saying that if you buy Macross Ace, it'll say "Gundam Ace Special" in small print on the spine. Just like Macross Ace issue one did.

Really, it's no cause for alarm. If it bothers anyone, they can put some masking tape over the words.

I see, just my misunderstanding :). Now, How do we get this goodies, just like veffidas said, it can't be found online. What happen?

It will pop up in any online store when the mags officially release?

I see, just my misunderstanding :). Now, How do we get this goodies, just like veffidas said, it can't be found online. What happen?

It will pop up in any online store when the mags officially release?

I e-mailed Kinokuniya here in Singapore but I haven't received any reply... and I didn't see the first issue for sale there when it was released. Amazon Japan doesn't have it either...

But... I found it in an online store called Nippon Export ^_^

I e-mailed Kinokuniya here in Singapore but I haven't received any reply... and I didn't see the first issue for sale there when it was released. Amazon Japan doesn't have it either...

But... I found it in an online store called Nippon Export ^_^

ummm, could find anything :unsure: .

oh well, I guess it's best see it tomorrow. Hope didn't sold out too fast.

ummm, could find anything :unsure: .

oh well, I guess it's best see it tomorrow. Hope didn't sold out too fast.

Heres the link:

http://www.nippon-export.com/catalog/produ...oducts_id=28878

And I got a reply from the local Kinokuniya:

Dear Gabriel,

We are pleased to inform you that we will be receiving the title you require via air shipment on Saturday, 27 06 09. Please be informed that we are only able to accept reservations for the title from 2pm onwards.

For further enquiries, please call us and our Japanese Books Store Sales Personnel will be on hand to assist you.

Thank you for your enquiry.

Kinokuniya Bookstores of Singapore Pte Ltd Singapore Main Store Online Department

Heres the link:

Dear Gabriel,

We are pleased to inform you that we will be receiving the title you require via air shipment on Saturday, 27 06 09. Please be informed that we are only able to accept reservations for the title from 2pm onwards.

For further enquiries, please call us and our Japanese Books Store Sales Personnel will be on hand to assist you.

Thank you for your enquiry.

Kinokuniya Bookstores of Singapore Pte Ltd Singapore Main Store Online Department

Lucky. I have to wait two more weeks for mine... <_<

Heres the link:

Well, I already order it, using my usual delivery service, with extra domestic delivery cost unfortunately, and will arrive about 1 to 3 week. Thanks for the lin. Perhaps I will use itfor alternative channel later :)

I got it today. I'll need a few days to read it all... but I can see it is really good!

You're so lucky my friend. :angry:

Edited by Ganbare

Got the magazine on Friday. As usual, Macross the First is the only really worthwhile content in the magazine.

The "full twenty pages of info on the Frontier Movie, OMG!!" is a total exaggeration. It's not even 20 pages. Hell, it's barely even 8. I don't get it, maybe they're counting ads or something??

And there is NO NEW INFO. Just a couple of interviews with Aya Endo and Megumi Nakajima, where they talk about what THEY THINK THE MOVIE MIGHT BE ABOUT, BECAUSE "ACTUALLY WE STILL DON'T KNOW VERY MUCH ABOUT THE PLOT".

There is more news about this movie in the pinned thread here on MW, than there is in the magazine. For example, it is not mentioned anywhere that the movie will actually be in two parts. Bizarrely, there are also a few interviews with Miss Japan and some other fools who apparently are Macross fans?

Seriously, I don't know what the hell happened to this huge inside scoop, exclusive info BS on the new movie, they don't say anything specific about it at all. Apart from the title. Well done, thanks.

OK, the rest of the magazine. Although I enjoyed Macross the First the most out of the last issue, I did have a few complaints, mainly, that it followed events pretty much scene by scene and even the frame composition was identical for the most part.

Not anymore! I won't give anything away, but this chapter is very, very cool, and there are subtle hints at a very clear-cut difference in the Minmay-Hikaru relationship from the original show. It feels fresh and remixed, and we get much more of an insight into the character of Minmay than we ever did in the first couple of TV episodes. The way these threads are woven is very, very well done, and the pace is kept nice and tight. Although I think Vanessa's surname was written wrong.

As for the rest of the mag, I haven't read it all yet, so I will tell you later. The non-MacF columns and interviews are always interesting (mainly because the MacF ones are nearly always nothing but PR fluff), but the manga are usually bleah. Every other picture of Sheryl or Nanase shows panties, so if that's your game, then... yay.

Since I would only recommend this magazine for the "Mac-1st" comic, my advice would usually be to wait for the collected volumes to come out. However.... the art is TOO good for that puny format. This ought to be enjoyed on the full-size page.

Which brings me to my final, tiny nitpick.... This mag is released once every six months. Seriously, they could raise the price a little bit and do the whole "Macross the First" comic is glorious colour. It seems a waste not to! Look at the beautiful Mikimoto artwork in the first few pages, the poster, the cover... it should ALL be like that! God knows he has enough assistants.

So, that's my two cents on Macross Ace of Base. I wouldn't be so hard on it if they hadn't built up a whole load of nothin' as far as news is concerned.

Hi!

I want to buy "Macross Ace vol. 2"

Is this link correct? Why says Gundam Special?

Thank you for your help.

:)

If that make you confuse, try this:

one in million this thing happen :blink: .

oh, forgot the link. Maybe they have already fix the mistake.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%82%B1%E3%83%AD...094&sr=8-12

Edited by Ganbare

Made you buy it, didn't it? :lol:

Yeah, as I said, the Mac-1st pages ought to be enjoyed full-size. The books might be a let-down. Plus they likely won't have the colour sections of the story. I will keep buying this just for that.

QUOTE (Ganbare @ Jun 29 2009, 01:04 PM) *

argh! Spoiler! Must not see..

I didn't put any spoilers... At least, nothing I felt was a spoiler.

Yes i know. I'm just over reacting :lol:

I got a few extra copies of Vol.002 if anyone is interested. They are $15.00 $16 each (forgot about the stupid paypal charge), including priority mail shipping to anywhere in the US.

Please message me for arrangement. Thanks!

All copies gone. Thank you all for the interest.

Edited by nanoplasm

Just picked up a couple of copies today, and MAN! As Renato said, Macross the First is quite good...and rather different from the show. Mikimoto does seem to be picking up the pace a bit, since it ends with the space fold...

And it bugs me that the next issue won't be out until November...what the hell kind of schedule is that?

November is just around the corner silly :) That's like a week from now, not counting July, August and September and that other month :)

Pete

Yeah, once you put it like that... ^_^

As for other stuff in the issue, the Mari Iijima interview seems interesting; "Macross F: Secret Visions" remains pretty fanservice-y, but I still have hopes for it; and I still can't tell if "Macross 7th Chord" is any good or not.

Yeah, once you put it like that... ^_^

As for other stuff in the issue, the Mari Iijima interview seems interesting; "Macross F: Secret Visions" remains pretty fanservice-y, but I still have hopes for it; and I still can't tell if "Macross 7th Chord" is any good or not.

The interview to Mari Iijima is interesting. A lots of things about her career and her Minmei complex.

7th chord... is weird.

I like the way that the Ichiroh Itano interview starts off with him basically insulting the entire Macross Ace magazine, its readership, and to a slightly lesser extent Macross Frontier and Macross 7 in general (ie, the ones he didn't work on :D).