Macross Ace

Ganbare

This is the fate that awaits those who treat lightly the polite requests of Gubaba not to copy and distribute the work over the internet...

:) Pete

Or even better, changed the entire story and dialogue into something else, following robotech tradition. :lol:

Well, the scanlation is coming along fine...here's a sample page. I did the translation, which reflects the intention of the original creators, and VFTF1 did the awesome photoshop work to fit the text in and create new English sound effects.

post-939-1235105645_thumb.jpeg

We welcome your feedback! :D

What the...

Oh, it's a joke, I see...:):):)

Edited by Ganbare

That's awesome, Gubaba. Complete with shoddy font work and everything. Don't let the 4chan bit get to you. You know it was some lurker jerk.

I picked this up at Kinokuniya today for about 8 bucks as my salute to the festivities, and since it is the first. The new manga isn't half bad so far, and I like how Mikimoto's style is somewhat more reminiscent of his old work. I can't say I'm liking Vanessa's new look though.

Not sure I'll get the chance to collect each issue, but at least I've got the première.

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

I picked this up at Kinokuniya today for about 8 bucks as my salute to the festivities, and since it is the first.

8 bucks?! :wacko: I paid $23 for mine on eBay. Living in CT really sucks sometimes. :( It was worth it, though, as the art in this is just amazing.

Hoo~ It would seem that Ozma's Sound Booster was based on an earlier concept of Basara's Sound Booster. Only in this case it would seem to split apart. Guess it was too Super Robot. (Even though the Sound Force VFs were already too Super Robot.)

From Macross Ace.

VF-25SSoundforce.jpg

SoundBoosterconceptart.jpg

Sound Booster concept art.

Sound Booster

VF-25SoundBooster.jpg

Edited by RedWolf

Hoo~ It would seem that Ozma's Sound Booster was based on an earlier concept of Basara's Sound Booster. Only in this case it would seem to split apart. Guess it was too Super Robot. (Even though the Sound Force VFs were already too Super Robot.)

Interesting comparison...

I have to say, I'm not a big fan of Hayato Aoki's art for Macross F (the characters look too comical, the VFs just look wrong), but the guy is either a really big Macross fan, or else he's seriously done his research. He throws in TONS of references, homages, and allusions, some of them quite obscure.

Or even better, changed the entire story and dialogue into something else, following robotech tradition. :lol:

Unfortunately the RT fanboys would goop themselves over the prospect of having this manga series in Robowreck speak... <_<

in some robotech circles, i'm hearing that they've declared Gubaba as a Robotech God already. :p

You know something went awfully wrong with a community when they declared a fur ball as their God......

Hahaha, he said Row boat Technology. I'm off this week, so I will be finishing up my work on scanlations this week. BTW, is there a release date for the next issue of Macross Ace?

Hahaha, he said Row boat Technology. I'm off this week, so I will be finishing up my work on scanlations this week. BTW, is there a release date for the next issue of Macross Ace?

End of June.

I thought at first that this meant it was to be released two or possibly three times every year...but, upon reflection, I realized that it probably will be quarterly, and they just released the first issue early to capitalize on the Launch Festival.

Of course, if it ends up being anything like Gundam Ace, it'll be quarterly for the first year, bimonthly for the second, and monthly from then on. Personally, I hope it gets to bimonthly, but no more than that. If it comes out any faster, I won't be able to keep up!

(...) Personally, I hope it gets to bimonthly, but no more than that. If it comes out any faster, I won't be able to keep up!

Nor will the bank account!

(Too much Macross goodness right now... :( )

Nor will the bank account!

(Too much Macross goodness right now... :( )

True. I've been able to keep up with Gundam Ace, but I really would prefer six issues a year instead of twelve, since most of the stuff that they added to beef up the page count is stuff I don't care much about.

Sometimes getting it seems more like a duty than a pleasure, and I don't want Macross Ace to be the same. That said, with Gundam Ace and Macross Chronicle coming out, I haven't really been able to justify getting any of the Frontier books. I'll probably wait a while and pick 'em up used.

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone know where i could find a complete scan of the macross ace magazine (or ,at least, of macross the first pages) ?

Thanx

You won't find them here for awhile, since the general consensus here is that full scans won't be put out until it's gone through it's market stand life. But to be honest with you, even then, scans won't make up for the greatness this magazine has when having an original copy. Check your local Japanese bookstores, or if that doesn't work, ebay should have some.

Found a copy on ebay, friggen shipping is killer, and I feel ripped off but no other options. Wish I had known about this a month or two ago. With the difficulty of getting this thing in the US, I can't imagine that we have much effect on the overall sales of these mags though. It's not to be found anywhere.

Does Gundam Ace sell well here?

Found a copy on ebay, friggen shipping is killer, and I feel ripped off but no other options. Wish I had known about this a month or two ago. With the difficulty of getting this thing in the US, I can't imagine that we have much effect on the overall sales of these mags though. It's not to be found anywhere.

Does Gundam Ace sell well here?

Where is "here"? Gundam Ace and Macross Ace are only sold in Japan. You have to import it otherwise.

In relation to Macross 7th Chord what is the protagonist's name?

"Mio."

Mind you, I have no idea WHEN during Macross 7 the story is set...it may be during the series, it may be after.

There's a lot about that series that's currently unclear to me, most important being the question of if it'll be any good or not.

"Mio."

Mind you, I have no idea WHEN during Macross 7 the story is set...it may be during the series, it may be after.

There's a lot about that series that's currently unclear to me, most important being the question of if it'll be any good or not.

Ah well as long as she gets a Sound Force version of a VF-9. Which is really small if you think about it.

QUOTE (RedWolf @ Mar 19 2009, 09:53 PM) *

Ah well as long as she gets a Sound Force version of a VF-9. Which is really small if you think about it.

You know it's supposed to be fitted with a grand piano as a control system, right?

Unless the ending was a joke...

I wish there's next chapter of Macross 7 code. I love the mangaka, unfortunaely I can't read kanji. The way he draw Basara and other is as same as in the anime itself.

Sorry for bad Engrish....

Edited by Ganbare

WOW!

BTW, would someone please translate? Thanks in advance.

:D

It doesn't really say anything very interesting. Just that Misa's "atmosphere of womanly feeling" is left pretty much the same as it was in the anime.

That Hikaru's flight suit was designed specially for the comic, with some assistance from Kawamori.

That Minmay is the "Legendary Songstress," and that her Nyan Nyan bag should be recognized by fans of Macross F.

And that Mikimoto is a character designer who has also done comics, including "Ecole du Ciel."

Not very enlightening, is it?