Macross Ace

Ganbare

Macross Plus wasn't that big of a hit in Japan. At the very least, it was only a blip on the anime radar for a limited period of time (say 1 episode every 2 or 3 months for a year, max), and only available at rental shops.

Macross 7, on the other hand, was on TV for 2+ years, followed by a video release - making it very visible. Macross F has just finished it's run, and it's the prime reason the publication is being made (it's created the interest).

The other thing to consider is - what else can be added to the Macross Plus storyline? If anything, only a lead up to Isamu's being transferred... but would that make a good character story? And with the wrong artist, a mecha-action focused story would be really, really terrible.

Oh believe you me, if the magazine is successful, I don't doubt they will add Plus-related content. And Zero, and II, and, hell, maybe even Macross Generation. Gundam Ace has explored pretty mch every nook and cranny of al the various Gundam worlds, and I don't doubt Macross Ace would like to do the same.

Besides, manga anthologies like this usually add a new, high-level ongoing series by the third or fourth issue...what will that be here, I wonder?

They have cellphones now.

What? Really? I know SDFM was made before cell phones, so the characters didn't use them; but that was another little justification in my head. Around Zero, they announced that the Macross and Real timelines diverged in the early 90's; before cell phones took off, then there were the Unification and Sapce Wars... I just figured that they didn't actually make cell phones until much later. Then again, how canon is this version, anyway? Maybe I'll just stick with that unless otherwise compelled.

*In addition: how many times have we said that so many of the SDFM triangle's issues could have been avoided by cell phones? Well, maybe they just don't work in space.

Edited by Kelsain

Looks like Macross Ace #001 has sold out on Amazon Japan and is at #70 of all Japanese book sales on site.... I am glad I got my copy. I love it. I really like the new uniforms and flight suits of Macross-The First. Welcome back HAL. I am also glad to see so much mecha art.

Hey there, nanashino! I love your new avatar. Will consider ordering Macross Ace #001 once I get settled into a new job, depending on the shipping and handling charages. :D

Edited by MjrMisaHayase

*In addition: how many times have we said that so many of the SDFM triangle's issues could have been avoided by cell phones? Well, maybe they just don't work in space.

I think you're worrying too much. Even Alto had a cell phone and that didn't solve his problems. Hikaru could just one of those jerks who never answers his phone and has a dumb ringtone.

I think you're worrying too much. Even Alto had a cell phone and that didn't solve his problems. Hikaru could just one of those jerks who never answers his phone and has a dumb ringtone.

Yup - but when he calls Misa before her going to the cafe, she would answer it. Of course he could still show up later with the blasted scarf...

:lol:

Considers derailing thread, or starting a new one along these lines. Hmm, probably better uses of my time now...

I just realized that in Mikimoto Macross, people started to use cellphone in 2009 (we don't have cellphone in original SDF;M), does this mean the phone booth bot is retired for good? :huh::lol::huh:

I hope not. The Phone booth bot looks cute to me.

Ohh, this is so frustrating. Vol. 002 out in June :(

Edited by Ganbare

Okay, here's my translation and (rather inept) scanlation of "Macross F Outside Story."

It's by Hayato Aoki, artist and writer of the official Macross F comic, but personally, I think his style works better for this flat-out comedy story.

Some of it isn't an exact translation...In particular, I "punched up" the music-cue directions (because I and my ego agreed that my version was funnier) and Luca's monologue because...well, because I couldn't help myself, really.

ATTACHMENT REMOVED BECAUSE SOME A**HOLE PUT IT UP ON 4CHAN.

IMPORTANT NOTE: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE KEEP THIS ON MACROSSWORLD ONLY!!! I noticed that my scans of pages from "Macross the First" ended up on Danbooru, and I really don't want that happening here. Nor do I want to see this on Macrosshare. Or anyplace else. KEEP IT HERE, PLEASE. Thank you.

Edited by Gubaba

Is there a website that will ship a copy of Macross Ace to the States? Amazon.co.jp obviously won't. There's a copy on Ebay...but I'm not willing to pay $60 for it. Thanks!

I'm Afraid there's no more copy of Macross Ace magazine in Amazon.

But if you have unlimited fund, they can provide you Macross Ace magazine for 600 - 4000 Yen.

Ups...never mind.

Attached File Macross_F_Outside_Story__translated_by_Gubaba_.zip ( 4.31MB ) Number of downloads: 15

BTW, thank'z for the translation :)

Edited by Ganbare

IMPORTANT NOTE: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE KEEP THIS ON MACROSSWORLD ONLY!!! I noticed that my scans of pages from "Macross the First" ended up on Danbooru, and I really don't want that happening here. Nor do I want to see this on Macrosshare. Or anyplace else. KEEP IT HERE, PLEASE. Thank you.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

For f*ck's sake, I give you guys a translation and ask for ONE LITTLE COURTESY...and people can't even manage that???

I had started on a scanlation of Macross the First, but I won't be posting it here.

Just goes to show that there's always some prick in a good group. Sad thing is, whoever did get it off here probably isn't even man enough to admit their mistake. Then these people wonder why fellow fans with certain skills don't do things for the rest. All for the sake of being "cool" on another site, what a dumb@ss!!!

Just goes to show that there's always some prick in a good group. Sad thing is, whoever did get it off here probably isn't even man enough to admit their mistake. Then these people wonder why fellow fans with certain skills don't do things for the rest. All for the sake of being "cool" on another site, what a dumb@ss!!!

Preach it bother! :angry:

Edited by Zinjo

If it's any consolation - the 4chan link doesn't work anymore. Anyways - Gubs knows my opinion/suggestion, so I'll just limit myself here to singing Journey:

Don't Stop Belieeeeeevvvviiiiiinnn'!!! HOLD ON TO THE FEELIN' yeaah! Don't Stop Believiiiiinnnnn'...........

Pete

Big Journey Fan

Yeah, but the point is that aparently a member of MW did it - considering there are about 8 thousand members - it's not a stretch to imagine that one of them signed up specifically to take it. I didn't even get to see the comic :)

Maybe Macross World needs to have restricted access, and a pledge week? Like when I was in college, the frat houses would make you drink pee and beat you in the a55 with a broom before letting you join. Could do something similar here.

Pete

Not that I condone posting stuff on other boards without permission ( or attribution, I guess ), but what difference does it make?

I mean, you do the scanlations so that we all can enjoy them, what does it matter if some some idiot posted them elsewhere? It is not exactly that there was a copyright problem which we haven´t ignored in the first place...

In any case, I am a sad panda that now I don´t get to see the scanlations. :(

Edited by magnuskn