Official Macross posters

TheLoneWolf

4 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Just dropped these two off to be framed... :)

Looking forward to having those hanging in my new office. 

0001218508.jpeg

03005603550.jpg

Nice...wish Bandai had continued with their promo DX posters...started off again with their DX VF-1J and VF-1S Hikaru, but they've been mostly absent for the majority of their toy lines, with a big exception for their SD figurines for whatever reason

7 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Nice...wish Bandai had continued with their promo DX posters...started off again with their DX VF-1J and VF-1S Hikaru, but they've been mostly absent for the majority of their toy lines, with a big exception for their SD figurines for whatever reason

Yeah, that would have been nice.

I know it wouldn't have been entirely possible, but I'd have jumped at the chance to get a DX Chogokin poster for the YF-25 Prophecy and Chelsea Scarlett.

Found a couple more posters while I was unpacking.  Gonna have to make another run to the frame shop later.  Found a Newtype poster of Alto, Sheryl, and Ranka, and the old Macross Ace one of Hikaru's VF-1J from that manga.

13 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Yeah, that would have been nice.

I know it wouldn't have been entirely possible, but I'd have jumped at the chance to get a DX Chogokin poster for the YF-25 Prophecy and Chelsea Scarlett.

Found a couple more posters while I was unpacking.  Gonna have to make another run to the frame shop later.  Found a Newtype poster of Alto, Sheryl, and Ranka, and the old Macross Ace one of Hikaru's VF-1J from that manga.

I wonder if Big West may consider a run of posters now that they and HG finally buried the hatchet? I think that would help with promoting the franchise in North America.

5 hours ago, pengbuzz said:

I wonder if Big West may consider a run of posters now that they and HG finally buried the hatchet? I think that would help with promoting the franchise in North America.

BW wouldn't need any blessing from HG as long as such posters would not include SDFM-DYRL..HG would only benefit if such franchise promotions involved SDFM-DYRL...as of now, there doesn't seem to be any movement regarding the original Macross licenses in North America or anywhere outside of Japan....a real shame

• 2 weeks later...

Got my most recent posters back from the frame shop today.  I think they did a pretty good job.

Found two more unframed ones while I was unpacking earlier.  Old ones from Newtype, IIRC.

20220828_214814.jpg

20220828_214706.jpg

20220828_215020.jpg

20220828_215100.jpg

7 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Found two more unframed ones while I was unpacking earlier.  Old ones from Newtype, IIRC.

Macross Ace.  Top is vol. 006, bottom is vol. 007 (as per the posters 😉).

9 hours ago, sketchley said:

Macross Ace.  Top is vol. 006, bottom is vol. 007 (as per the posters 😉).

D'oh... I unfolded 'em real quick to snap those pics while I was cleaning and completely missed that "Macross Ace" is literally written right on them. 

Failed a spot check real hard there. XD

On 8/11/2022 at 11:11 PM, Seto Kaiba said:

...and the old Macross Ace one of Hikaru's VF-1J from that manga.

1 hour ago, Seto Kaiba said:

D'oh... I unfolded 'em real quick to snap those pics while I was cleaning and completely missed that "Macross Ace" is literally written right on them. 

At least you got it right on the MtF VF-1J poster the first time...:rolleyes:

16 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

At least you got it right on the MtF VF-1J poster the first time...:rolleyes:

I found the other one in a pile of old Newtypes while I was unpacking, which is probably why my brain jumped to Newtype.

Still, shame on me. 😅

I found a bunch of stuff i'd never even unpacked after the last SD Con I attended... even a Macross Delta wallscroll I don't even remember buying!

Edited by Seto Kaiba

20220829_164837.jpg

I guess Hermann and Qasim weren't photogenic enough to appear on this one?

Also found these two, fan made posters from Kyle Dunn's fan comic Macross Elysium.

20220829_165120.jpg.b0849d8277e56b8290fcf6e9ebeebdcd.jpg20220829_165147.jpg.248217145a423aa7d11e6b23b4acc6a0.jpg

Edited by Seto Kaiba

1 hour ago, Seto Kaiba said:

20220829_164837.jpg

I guess Hermann and Qasim weren't photogenic enough to appear on this one?

Also found these two, fan made posters from Kyle Dunn's fan comic Macross Elysium.

20220829_165120.jpg.b0849d8277e56b8290fcf6e9ebeebdcd.jpg20220829_165147.jpg.248217145a423aa7d11e6b23b4acc6a0.jpg

Keep digging...If I'm not mistaken, you should also have several Macross Frontier prints that are suitable for framing

On 8/29/2022 at 3:04 PM, Seto Kaiba said:

Okay...roll your saving throw vs. unframed art. :p

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Zamuse SDFM Scramble Valkyrie Nintendo SFC game flyer....

The assumption was that a flyer for this game had to exist...same for a poster...unfortunately, I have been searching for decades and never ran across one....until just recently....the search for the elusive poster continues!

large.20230807_212010.jpg.a0c38cf4974c51

large.20230807_212027.jpg.969309ae364916

• 4 weeks later...

For whatever reason I passed several times on acquiring the official "Macross MBS TV" B2 promo poster for the Macross Delta series when it originally aired.....skip forward 7 years from Delta's TV premier and I found myself on a seemingly endless quest for a copy to "complete" my collection of other original "Macross MBS TV" posters.....it unintentionally became a grail piece in my collection as I normally don't go after much Macross Delta merch...somehow the Macross Delta MBS TV poster became incredibly hard to find, can't really explain it...it is perhaps only surpassed in scarcity to the original Macross MBS TV promo poster....incidentally, the easiest one to find is the MBS TV promo poster for Macross Frontier, which has become ubiquitous across all major collector haunts for these type of things.....anyways, I finally came across one and I am sooooo glad to finally being able to call off the search for this cursed poster!  

Macross Delta MBS TV Promo Poster....

large.20230901_220113.jpg.55abc1f0d40f76