Official Macross posters

TheLoneWolf

2 hours ago, jvmacross said:

You can start by finding the companion Shogakukan Video promo poster to the Minmay you have

The red one. It has the SDF on it.  I see three for sale.  Three hundred something to buy it.  The topless Minmay one I bought was only $125

Edited by Swann
word

On 6/24/2022 at 6:57 PM, Swann said:

Here is another one. I told you about. The other one. The one made of foam.

doyfoammmm.png

Could you provide any more detail on the foam backed one? I've seen many normal poster/paper versions, but never something on a different substrate.
Its a factory release and not custom mounted?
Always crazy to learn about new items to track down after 40 years!

55 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Could you provide any more detail on the foam backed one? I've seen many normal poster/paper versions, but never something on a different substrate.
Its a factory release and not custom mounted?
Always crazy to learn about new items to track down after 40 years!

I have no info. Bought it around 2006 on ebay. It was a lot sale.

On 7/1/2022 at 5:11 PM, jvmacross said:

I have one with the foam board backing....I have no idea if it originally came like this....this one is a promo poster for a PC Engine Macross game...

gallery_12176_640_62035.jpg

It's pretty cool, but I have to say "inconclusive" as to its origin

The edges are round like mines

17 hours ago, jvmacross said:

I really like the portfolio....where did you buy it?  I have found some but they are really expensive...but it is an excellent way of organizing posters "not in use"....congrats!

Hola!

Compré la carpeta aquí:
https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B07YPTVTSL?th=1&aod=1&oCode=%2Fdp%2FB07YPTVTSL&psc=1

Saludos! ;) 

Nice that this thread should pop back up right now. 😀 

I'm moving, so I've got all my framed posters out at once... and a few more I'll be having framed once I'm done moving now that I'll have the wall real estate for all of them.

Still got half a dozen from the last SDCon before the start of the pandemic waiting on frames.

20220717_165434.jpg

20220717_165447.jpg

20220717_165453.jpg

20220717_165459.jpg

20220717_165504.jpg

20220717_165514.jpg

20220717_165520.jpg

20220717_165439.jpg

On 7/16/2022 at 10:55 PM, Shawn said:

I can't believe someone actually mounts them in frames and puts them on the wall like they should be shown!! Awesome!

Mine are stuck in tubes...I wish I could hang mine all up, so nice to see you do this!!!

Thanks! 

;) 

14 hours ago, Jasonc said:

I need to do a video documenting my posters like that, but I first need about 3 or 4 more of those B2 poster galleries.

I think at one point it seemed like Macross poster collecting was dead or dying...good to see collectors still interested in Macross posters....

On 7/20/2022 at 11:13 AM, jvmacross said:

I think at one point it seemed like Macross poster collecting was dead or dying...good to see collectors still interested in Macross posters....

Well that was great for us during that slow time. It was easier getting a lot of the posters I couldn't find. I think my collecting of them has slowed quite a bit, since I haven't really had any other posters that grab me. Although, looking on this thread, it does sometimes draw me to get one I don't have here and there.

17 minutes ago, Jasonc said:

Well that was great for us during that slow time. It was easier getting a lot of the posters I couldn't find. I think my collecting of them has slowed quite a bit, since I haven't really had any other posters that grab me. Although, looking on this thread, it does sometimes draw me to get one I don't have here and there.

That's pretty much where I'm at...at this point it seems the posters I end up getting are more of the promotional kind...mostly for book or toys....one set that I thought was odd was the three released in conjunction with some Japanese cybersecurity campaign...the one that caught my eye was the one that was VF focused....

large.20220706_182428.jpg.f7d4938d2c0c04

large.20220706_182632.jpg.6cce2f0a63aa58

large.20220706_182821.jpg.0d9437d3763b10

• 2 weeks later...