Official Macross posters

TheLoneWolf

On 12/24/2018 at 5:26 PM, Jasonc said:

I think my wife would kill me if I decided to put every poster up on every wall (and ceilings, too).

Sounds like a good idea for the next MWCon...pretty sure between you and other hardcore poster collectors on here you could all come up with a definitive gallery

Going to have to eat my words....again! :rolleyes:

Seems everytime I think the "ebay well" has run dry of vintage Macross collectibles....something interesting gets listed...

Although I have seen these before, I passed on them a few times due to not being much of a Macross kits collector these days...but mostly in favor of other stuff.

However, as the amount of vintage Macross has dwindled to just a few new discoveries each year, everything vintage has now become fair game... gotta catch 'em all! ^_^

Found these recently and added them to my ARII/IMAI promo materials collection....

IMAI MACROSS BOXART CATALOG/PROMO POSTER....

large.image1.jpeg.a96cb976dfaf09d4ac9bf9

ARII MACROSS PROMO POSTER

large.image6.jpeg.9e84e132a0bd9ed2668ca1

And so my 2018 Macross hunt comes to an end.....

The 2019 Macross hunt starts in a few days! :drinks:

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
13 hours ago, seti88 said:

hey JVM, would you have any info abt this picture/poster(?) and how rare it would be ie difficulty in finding one?

how would one search for it in japanese?

tumblr_lxmllnjkxL1r80d0so1_1280.jpg.a8dc670f59c82eff2ace63afe875128e.jpg

That is one of my favorite posters.  It is printed from an original painting done by Kawamori.  Luckily for you it also happens to be relatively easy to find.  There are usually a couple listed on YJA  throughout the year. Check your PM.

Thanks for your help jvm! For the longest time I tot it was takani, but the signature at the bottom didn’t quite seem like takani. So glad to hear it was a picture drawn by Kawamori and reprinted in a ...hobby magazine?

Was used to takani-san and tenjin-san being the poster artists. Makes me wanna look up if Kawamori-san did more posters...:o

Heh some macross fan I am. I had tot the sdf poster above to be takani! 

I seen the MBS promo pics countless times too but it’s significance just became more apparent...tot it was another magazine cover ...gee whiz..ok now I know some background to it...

did kawamori-san also do more art? Non valk or macross even...

In terms of Macross, Takani is mostly associated with the original model kit boxart from the SDFM series and a few from Macross7...Suzuki would be the other major illustrator for Macross model kit boxart....Masami also did some boxart I believe for DYRL kits and other collectibles...

Yes, I am sure there are other illustrations created by Kawamori that are related to his non-Macross works....but I am not that familiar with his non-Macross works...

• 3 weeks later...

Poster-ish.....Macross Crossover Live extra long silk-screened banner with several of the characters from across all Macross shows.....Thanks for the love Macross!  :wub:

large.718300105_MacrossCrossoverLivepost

First person that can name the characters that appear twice in the image is Macross King of the Week!  

Edited by jvmacross

Max and Milia.

Nice find! What's the overall length?

Edited by Chas

:huh:Hmmm

I see two Exsedol and Klan- Klan (I think) haven't  seen all the series and films, so not sure who everyone is. 

I'll  have to leave it for other more well versed aficionados.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/20/2020 at 11:17 PM, jvmacross said:

Shogakukan DYRL? Promotional poster

This appears to be a poster promoting the upcoming DYRL? film preview book.  I assume it must be from Shogakukan as it also seems to promote various reissues of the SDFM TV books released in the previous year 1983...

large.20200520_181837.jpg.b8f04e80cd7fac

:)

Now that is the poster been looking for in mint condition. Nice addition!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...