3 hours ago, jenius said:

I feel like having guns makes the size argument a lot less valid. If the smaller enemy were more numerous with guns, it feels like that's still a problem. It's like killer bees... With guns.

The bugs didn't start packing heat until partway through the MOSPEADA/New Generation storyline tho.

Mind you, the whole scale problem rears its ugly head again there because the bugs being able to shoot you at a distance of a few hundred yards isn't especially threatening if you can flatten the entire continent they're on from hundreds or hundreds of thousands of kilometers away.  (And that isn't even unique to the Zentradi, it was Humanity's fallback plan in the original MOSPEADA too and the attempt alone was enough to convince the bugs to get out of Dodge.)

As with most things with that property, the longer you look at it the more you notice how threadbare and full of holes it is... and as admirable as it is to see fans attempting to paper over the worst holes, a lot of the time the fix is every bit as ugly as the problem.  Like how the explanation that was settled on (and later became official) for the odd design choices made in Southern Cross's mecha was "corruption, incompetence, and administrative butthurt"... which didn't go over well with the minority of Southern Cross fans for some reason. <_< 

Edited by Seto Kaiba

On 1/17/2023 at 4:47 PM, Seto Kaiba said:

. and as admirable as it is to see fans attempting to paper over the worst holes,

I beg your pardon!  We don't just stop at paper, going all the way as to patch, glue, weld, cover-up, and simply ignore holes like that :lol:

It's what's kept us going all these years and what led me to really appreciate the Logan as a mecha design ^_^

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, captain america said:

white2 copy.jpg

Oh yeah?  Oh yeah??!?!  Well, jokes on you 'cuz guess who has 10 fingers and they're all thumbs???  THIS GUY!!!

More seriously, I have one of your Biolloyd kits but I'm not confident in my skills to properly treat it well.  A bespoke kit like that needs more than I can give it at the moment.  I am practicing though!

6 hours ago, troyness said:

The Dana Sterling figure's release date is February 23.

Haven't heard any updates in a long time. Anybody else heard anything recently?

Zilch!  I suppose something may have been posted on FakeBook or Twatter (I don't do FB or the chirping buzzard, so :unknw:).  I've been wondering when/if this figure was ever going to be released...

13 hours ago, troyness said:

The Dana Sterling figure's release date is February 23.

Haven't heard any updates in a long time. Anybody else heard anything recently?

So far the last couple times it came close to release, it got pushed back. Hopefully this time it happens 

20 hours ago, mechaninac said:

Zilch!  I suppose something may have been posted on FakeBook or Twatter (I don't do FB or the chirping buzzard, so :unknw:).  I've been wondering when/if this figure was ever going to be released...

I concur. And will me it's a toss up between buying Dana or Storm Collectibles Gatchaman concerning budget. Can't do both :blink:

13 hours ago, Big s said:

So far the last couple times it came close to release, it got pushed back. Hopefully this time it happens 

Yikes. I didn't realise it had been pushed back a few times. That puts things in perspective.

On 2/10/2023 at 3:51 AM, troyness said:

Yikes. I didn't realise it had been pushed back a few times. That puts things in perspective.

I think it was supposed be out last year sometime. A lot of smaller companies have been backlogged lately. 

On 2/10/2023 at 7:12 AM, CoryHolmes said:

Just looked at the Kitz Concept's website.  They have closed preorders for the figure, but I can't even find the product page any more.

I didn’t check their website, but it’s still listed on bbts

23 hours ago, JB0 said:

No one did, that's the problem with Southern Cross merch in general.

Not "no one"... just an audience far too small for the mainstream toy and model kit companies to be bothered with.

That's why Toynami passed on Southern Cross when they were Robotech's toy licensee during its brief resurgence in the early 2000s.  The projected return on investment just wasn't good enough to justify the initial expense.  Southern Cross fans are finally having their day now that Robotech's fortunes have fallen to the point that only indie outfits are willing to shell out for licenses.  These smaller outfits are willing to deal with production runs an order of magnitude or two smaller than what Toynami and co. planned around.  

13 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

this could use an update.

Someone tried a few years back... it was a toy bootlegger looking to go legit that apparently pitched the idea before ever getting a license, and then kind of quietly folded after doing some draft work.  I forget the name of the outfit.

They struggled quite a bit to get something that actually looked good.

5 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Someone tried a few years back... it was a toy bootlegger looking to go legit that apparently pitched the idea before ever getting a license, and then kind of quietly folded after doing some draft work.  I forget the name of the outfit.

They struggled quite a bit to get something that actually looked good.

MAAS Toys. I think someone did a runner with their funds... :unsure:

I asked Kitz Concept CS about their Dana 1/12 Figure:

We did not give up to produce 1/12 Dana but we modified the clothes materials to Fabric instead of original (plastic) thus it takes time and delay to release in Jun 2023. 

38 minutes ago, Tober said:

We did not give up to produce 1/12 Dana but we modified the clothes materials to Fabric instead of original (plastic) thus it takes time and delay to release in Jun 2023

That makes more sense as to why they would have removable armor. The basic figure has a mostly white uniform and the under armor is supposed to be all black. It would’ve made more sense to just have 2 figures. But if you put a black body suit over it, then I guess that’s a solution 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, tekering said:

Definitely the best I've seen yet... but still pretty bad. 😒

The surface detailing is particularly egregious. 🤨

I was checking it out on instagram and it sounds like he’s still fine tuning the details. Maybe it will be better after that or maybe he might take some constructive criticism before everything is finished 

The bioroid and the pilots' armours always interested me, would consider decent 6inch figures of these, but the rest from the plot to the main characters never held my attention neither as Robotech or Southern Cross. 

11 minutes ago, Raikkonen said:

The bioroid and the pilots' armours always interested me, would consider decent 6inch figures of these, but the rest from the plot to the main characters never held my attention neither as Robotech or Southern Cross. 

The setting, at least the version of the Robotech setting I've got going in my head, has really grown on me as of late.  I tried rewatching the cartoon and it hasn't aged well at all, except maybe for a few of Angelo's lines.  "Yes ma'am!  But going out under the command of a ditzy teenager is not what I had in mind!"

My brother and I still quote Louie's response to each other, "When you've gotta go, you gotta go; so let's get going."