VF-2SS Max Special

PetarB

What the community needs to do is get their hands on one of these and recast good quality one for them for MWorld.

They are so freaking rare. Even the Bandai 1/100 kit used to be before all the reissues. That one is a pretty crappy mold though.

Any idea how the chinese recasts or the ones on hobbyfan are like?

http://www.hobbyfan.com/product_info.php?p...+Super+Valkyrie

For anyone who wants to see WM Cheng's version, it's in my sig.

Edited by ComicKaze

Wonderful build.

I was thinking of getting the hobbyfan recast a while ago, but spend my budget on other things.

Now, I must get one. But seems like your build has cause many to order from hobbyfan, their stock is runing low.

The shipping cost given at check out (to UK) is 45USD....

Anyone know where to buy this kit with a more resonable shipping charge?

Wonderful build.

I was thinking of getting the hobbyfan recast a while ago, but spend my budget on other things.

Now, I must get one. But seems like your build has cause many to order from hobbyfan, their stock is runing low.

Let me make some call here in Hong Kong to see if my supplier still got any stock and check the shipping

Wonderful build.

Called my friend here in Hong Kong and he is willing to sell his. But he can't find the instruction sheet. Do you want it? If yes, I'll go and have a quote on the shipping charge tomorrow at the post office. PM me the shipping method you prefer. Option will be registered airmail and express mail. Have me you address too. I accept paypal. Sell price will be around the one that Hobbyfan is offering.

Cheers

Thank you thank you thank you for making me fall in love with the VF-2SS. I have Macross II on VHS and I bought it from Suncoast when I was 12 years old while down in Florida visiting my grandparents. I'm now back in Florida and reading this thread has brought back so many memories thanks again. Awesome build

Haha, found out why the shipping is so high, I had the 1/144 monster in the basket as well....

The actual shipping is about 12USD.

Thank you thank you thank you for making me fall in love with the VF-2SS. I have Macross II on VHS and I bought it from Suncoast when I was 12 years old while down in Florida visiting my grandparents. I'm now back in Florida and reading this thread has brought back so many memories thanks again. Awesome build

Ahhh, Suncoast... I miss that store! :mellow:

Petar,

I was just going to purchase the VF2SS canopy and found out that it's already Oops. Will there be more coming??

Yeah, I was waiting for an announcement here; didn't even notice that other one-post thread till now... :(please make more

Edited by Viceland

Wow, I didn't see this build until now. Looks Awesome! In fact, this is the last model kit in 1/72 pending to buy.... :S

Edited by cool8or

Yeah, I was waiting for an announcement here; didn't even notice that other one-post thread till now... :(please make more

Sorry! I only had a limited amount of PETG plastic to make them with, and they're all gone. One person (who will remain anonymous) ordered 6!!! Blame him... :lol:

Anyway, I will be getting some more in at some stage, but it may not be for a few weeks. I'll be sure to PM you, and a couple of other people who've contacted me in the past couple of days when they are in stock again.

I won't mention canopies in this thread again, please post any messages on the other canopy thread, just so we can keep track of everything.

Back on topic, I'd just like to thank everyone for their kind words on this build. It was a real pleasure to work on. I look forwards to the other one I will build later on this year! B))

• 2 months later...

Thanks to the link to E2046 http://www.e2046.com/product.php?products_id=2078 I just got mine!! :lol:

Quick delivery too, SIX DAYS from payment sent, from Honk Kong to my door!

Lovely little kit too, great detail and very little flash. Haven't pieced it together yet, someday soon hopefully. I did it on pre-order when they were out of stock, so it was a little less than sixty. :ph34r:

Here are some pics.

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Th...S%20with%20SAP/

Now I just need some canopies.... :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hmmm it's been awhile since this one.

Every Macross model I build I put on custom numbers. These usually have some sort of chronical significance. For example this build was done in 2009 - on the build you can see '09' features quite prominently!

On the Cat's Eye model I did this a little differently, and made up the number from the ages of my three little girls at the time I built it! The Wave destroid was a break from tradition, but only because the decal artwork was done in '09'.

I have a set of '11' decals I have been keeping for my next VF-2SS build, not sure if I will get there though - this one's going to be a real racing show-pony.