VF-2SS Max Special

PetarB

Progressing slowly! In anycase, here's where I'm up to. Just about all decals I will use are on. I assembled a few pieces temporarily for this. You can see in the first picture, I thinned the Tamiya hand-painted acrylic too much and it cracked in the drying on the grey intake areas. Still, it will be an easy fix and I will let it dry for a day before I give it the final clear coat prior to a light wash, where the recessed panels, etc will pop out a bit. I haven'tcolour corrected any of these... the blue/grey colour seems to vary dramatically, depending on the light and angle to the camera.

Grimmace, I would love to see yours, you should post pics.

Thanks for looking!

15.jpg

14.jpg

13.jpg

12.jpg

11.jpg

Absolutely amazing PetarB!! My favorite (and under appreciated by most) Valkyrie of all time!! This will be amazing when your finished. Will you be leaving this as an "In flight" mode or with the landing gear down?

Lovely.

It's a shame this was never made in larger numbers.

The bigger shame is that it probably never will be, since its from Macross II, not many have love for that chapter of Macross, Not the very best animation scenes at times. But the mecha designs were amazing and the VF-2SS & VF-2JA are proof of that!!!

Hi there! I dont know if it can be a base model, but is available to buy.

http://www.e2046.com/product_info.php?products_id=2078

could be a base model for the VF-2SS? Please let me know!

I'd say thats of recast and therefor of suspect quality and questionable morality... the little zentradi battle pods are interesting though.

All done! I decided to keep the gloss finish. Usually I'd do a matt coat, but it just looked 'right'. Of course this means it doesn't photograph as nice, but since I build all models for display and personal enjoyment, it's not a big deal for me. And the blue looks quite a bit darker in these pics than it does in real life, although the finish changes the colour all the time. Still, I hope you enjoy these pics of my VF2SS 'Max Special'. Thanks for looking! ^_^

A-1.jpg

B-1.jpg

C-1.jpg

D.jpg

E.jpg

F.jpg

G.jpg

All done! I decided to keep the gloss finish. Usually I'd do a matt coat, but it just looked 'right'. Of course this means it doesn't photograph as nice, but since I build all models for display and personal enjoyment, it's not a big deal for me. And the blue looks quite a bit darker in these pics than it does in real life, although the finish changes the colour all the time. Still, I hope you enjoy these pics of my VF2SS 'Max Special'. Thanks for looking! ^_^

A-1.jpg

B-1.jpg

C-1.jpg

D.jpg

E.jpg

F.jpg

G.jpg

Wow!! Wow!! Wow!!! Now that my heart rate is normal again, PetarB you are beyond talented!!! That is just amazing, my favorite Valkyrie never looked better, if you have more pics, feel free to share them!! B))

That looks awesome! The decals and paint job look like they could be canon. I am bummed that the mecha from MII weren't more popular (even though the story wasn't so popular). - MT

WOOOOW! You did a great job, Petar. She's a real beauty!

Sad that there's no 1/72 scale Icarus that could be placed next to it.

Thanks for sharing your work.

Edited by TSP

Sad that there's no 1/72 scale Icarus that could be placed next to it.

Believe me, I'm quite unhappy about that!

Anyway, thanks everyone for the kind words. I've actually added a couple of things, so on the weekend I'll take a couple of other pics as requested.