New Year Greetings!!

jedimech

Still got 4.5 hrs or so in my current time zone.

IBTL

to stick some Macross Toy content into this message:

I plan on getting my 1/60 VF-1J Super Hikaru this year, and maybe a loose 1/60 VF-1A Hikaru since I have some strike parts and spare 1S cockpit/head/wing. I plan on taking the super parts and pilot from the 1J and sticking it on my 1S, then turning a 1A into a 1S with the 1S strike parts from Focker's set.

I'm debating getting the Max 1S and maybe a Max 1A TV if Yamato releases it.

I'm definately getting the 1D though.

My New Year's resolution: buy more toys.

Yeah that's the way to go. HAPPY NEW YEAR my fellow forumers. I started my valk collection 3 months ago and I got 4 valks now, SV-51 Nora, YF-19, YF-21 and the VF-1J SnS. When I told mom they cost around $200 each, she was speechless. Anyway, the VF-0S is coming in January right?

Me: Ma, Im gonna buy a new macross toy next month, costs around the same price as the others.

Mom: Why dont you just buy me a new LCD TV?

Me: ......

It got me thinking, with that amount I could have bought some other great things. But a fanboy is a fanboy. I cant resist the call to arms of buying new Toys, but Ma had a point. So my new year's resolution is to just buy toys that I absolutely WANT and not to be some sort of completionist buying just for the sake of having 1 of each valk.

post some pics of your hauls!

Happy New Year too MW.

Due to budget constraint & first time in hong kong (not familiar with the places), I only bought the below items:

- DX Chogokin VF-25S (Ozma)

- DX Chogokin VF-25F (Alto)

- YF-19 (25th Anniversary)

- Saint Seiya God Pegasus Myth Cloth

- Date Masamune Miniature Armour Set

Cheers!!

Happy New Year's from the Eastern Pacific time zone!! Yeah, so I'm practically five hours (and ONE SECOND :rolleyes:) late. Cut me some slack! :p

It's gonna be hard for 2009 to top all the great things that happened to me in 2008, both on the toy and personal fronts:

* More cool GI Joe figures were released;

* I got more opportunities to refine my toy painting and customizing skills;

* I made a custom GI Joe Motor Viper;

* The YF-21 was released and came complete with FP's and a nice clear stand;

* I was finally able to make my idea for a custom YF-21 become a reality;

* The long-awaited Beta was released right before year-end (allowing me to finally retire my Beta avatar and bring back the Mog avatar).

And more important than all of that, I lucked out in the best way possible: I married a beautiful woman who loves me and is cool with my somewhat crazy toy collections.

I'm sure 2009 will have its share of joys too: another Blue Beta to be purchased, some Airborne figures to be finally found, one or a few more customized action figures to be made, and maybe some KOTOR figures to be finally released (if Hasbro was smart <_< ).

So, I'm looking forward to what awaits in 2009. But I will always look back at 2008 with a lot of thanks and fond memories.

Wishing all fellow members a Happy New Year!

May the new year brings us more new toys & surprises fm Yamato, Bandai, Takara etc. And may the high Yen rate drop this year for our benefit ;):D

Surprisely on New Year day today, I received a knock on my door fm a postman who delivered my VF-0A Shin with QF-2200-B Ghost booster, ordered fm Ebay. What a good way to kick off my new year. And just 2 days ago, bought myself a SV-51R Nora fm a local shop year end sale :lol:

Edited by Javabean

happy new years everyone! My resolution, less toys for me, more for the kid. :p

"C'mon Honey. Our child needs an in-scale, fully articulated, panel-lined, and weathered 1/60 destroid.......Oh! The extra one? Well, our child needs to learn to share and play with others. And I'm willing to make that sacrifice and spend time teaching our child that lesson!"

:D

Wishing all fellow members a Happy New Year!

May the new year brings us more new toys & surprises fm Yamato, Bandai, Takara etc. And may the high Yen rate drop this year for our benefit ;):D

Surprisely on New Year day today, I received a knock on my door fm a postman who delivered my VF-0A Shin with QF-2200-B Ghost booster, ordered fm Ebay. What a good way to kick off my new year. And just 2 days ago, bought myself a SV-51R Nora fm a local shop year end sale :lol:

Hi Javabean,

Are you from Sg?

Which shop is it that is having a year-end sale?

I would like to go to have a look to see if i can haul something from it too.

Cheers!!

Hi Jedimech

Yes I'm fm SG, are you too?

The shop hving year end clearance is ToysnToys at China Square Central. But sadly the Nora I bought is not a sale item as its under someone consignment :(. Thought I saw the only Macross items on sale is 25th anniversary VF-1S & YF-19. Not sure if its sold?

Edited by Javabean