Macross Launching Ceremonies

Noriko Takaya

Saw this on ANN today.

Not-So-Daily Link of the Day: The official website for the Macross Frontier anime series has announced that a "Super Dimension Launch Ceremony" event will be held in Tokyo's Akihabara otaku shopping district next February. February is the precise month when the events of the very first episode of the first Macross science-fiction romance series supposedly takes place. Specifically, in February 2009 of the Macross timeline, mankind launches the alien spaceship that crashed on Earth ten years earlier — only to be attacked by another alien enemy on the same day.

The real-life event will be called "Macross: The Super Dimension Space Launching Ceremony ~It's Really 2009 Already…It's 2/22 (Nyan Nyan Nyan), Deculture!~." ("Nyan Nyan" is a popular catchphrase with multiple meanings in the Macross storyline, while "Deculture" is a mild expletive in an alien language in Macross.) The event planners are inviting guests from the different Macross series for the event.

Link: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-...eld-in-february

Damn, whoever gets to go to this, please cover it with lots of pics. I don't get a two week vacation till after march. On a side note, why don't we do somthing here in the states??? Now, that would be something.

What caught my eye even more is the announcement that Haruhiko Mikimoto will do a manga for Macross Ace featuring Minmay. I must have missed that earlier but damn that's good news B))

I wish I could go... Damn it all! You know what? I'm gonna put together a party for Dallasites on that day! We'll have a party in a place that's actually got room for a 3/4-mile long ship to crash! :p

Besides, the Lockheed plant's not too far away, and Northrom's been subcontracting, again, so there's plenty of near-finished VF-1s waiting to be sent to Alaska. :D

Maaaaan brings back memories of a website I'd go to where they had a counter for the Macross crashing on the island that was back in 1997 with a big ol counter with the year, month, day until it crashed :( I'm sure once the counter reached zero the site was gone.

Now I shall count the days until our first interstellar war!

ZOMG!!!!!! That would be an awesome vacation. :D

Yup, and whoever is there will be hearing Mari Ijima, Megumi Nakajima, May'n, Gabriela Robin (*Cough*Yoko Kanno*cough*), Yoshiki Fukuyama, Maaya Sakamoto, and, most importantly, Makoto Fujiwara, played loudly over loudspeakers all day... I do that every day, except with the speakers on the front of my monitor... :p

Gabriela Robin (*Cough*Yoko Kanno*cough*),

What are your talking about? Do you mean its like its funny how when Batman is around Bruce Wayne never is? :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW, I am hanging out in my little spacepod just near Pluto's orbit waiting for the anniversary. Should be quiet here.

Taksraven

Edited by taksraven

• 1 month later...
How are you going to celebrate it ppl? I'm planning on having a Macross Party/Marathon with some friends... Mac Zero, Mac DYRL, some 7 and Frontier.... :lol:

Feb.7, 2009???

I think it is Feb.22.

Because this Macross's space launching ceremony.

Maybe SK will modify the history.

image1.jpg

Edited by kresphy

Nice Pics.

I've forgotten when it was supposed to be launched. Somebody get your dates right!

February 7, 2009.

That poster is likely an ad for a similar event later on. There will be two of them in different locations. I believe the first (this Saturday is in Akihabara).

Edited by Zinjo

It is indeed this Saturday. They're having an event on 2/22 to play up Frontier (Nyan/Nyan Nyan).

Though apparently it was originally 7/07/09, or sometime in October.

I'm likely headed to SF and plan on watching the first four episode "as they happen".

Anyone else plan on watching the show over the next two years on the dates of the episodes?

Just a reminder, to those of you unable to make it to South Alteria Island by tomorrow, as of February 11th, you have exactly one year to make it to one of the Grand Cannons. Forget 2012, Armageddon comes Feb. 11th, 2010 FROM SPACE!!!

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

Nice Pics.

I've forgotten when it was supposed to be launched. Somebody get your dates right!

The first offical date was on July 2009, but it was changed to October 2009 a little afterwards. The very last date was February 7 2009, but since the Japanese SDF-1 launching event is on February 22 we may very well have yet another change in the official launching date from Kawamori (Dammit Soji!!! Make up your mind!!!!)... <_<

Edited by Kronnang Dunn