MAC AUS CON 09' - BRISBANE! '.. it's official!&#39

Matt wanted me to post this up for him as he’s at work -

-----------

Hi Blokes an Gals are we f’n excited YET?, ruskii here, I need to know who is bringing what -

We need the following (to be displayed with their nemesis, like Matt’s YF-21 and his Max TV-1A etc) –

1 x Millia Q-Rau

1 x YF-19 (with fast packs if you got them)

I have the FP’s for the 19 if we want to display them on it on the day.

Not long now guys! Just hoping the cake will be ready, as you know the con was almost not going to go ahead, and cake funds were put towards ticket overhead (all the cancellations and lack there-of), but with my own donation in the form of Ryzui Variable (my own company) I’ve made it work. I haven’t come this far and worked so hard to let the con die off because of the low attendance. She’s good. Should be noted Ben Burns (Regent) is the real hero, although I begged for mercy! LOL Thanks a bloody billion BEN! ^______^

See yas on the forum tonight!

e-mails from 11:30 today need to be sent to my home addy – vf1custom@live.com.au

Matt/ruskii

:)

I'm bringing :-

Diecast

Doyusha 1/144 VF-1S

Non diecast collectors valks

1/144 super VF-1S

1/144 super VT-1

1/144 VF-1S Minmay Guard

Revoltechs

Revotech VF-1J

Revotech VF-1S

Wave 1/5000 SDF-1 First colour scheme

CM Figures

CM Roy Focker figure

CM Minmay figure

Yamato's

Yamato 1/60 VF-1S Roy V.1

Misc

Sheryl and Ranka Tea Cup

Roy Focker Leather bracelet

Ishtah poster from VF-2SS kit

Valkyries art book

Models

1/72 Hasegawa F-14A+ Tomcat Roy Focker Custom

1/72 Hasegawa VF-1S Roy

1/72 Hasegawa Minmay Guard Custom

1/72 Hasegawa VF-0S Reactive Armour

1/72 Hasegawa VF-0S custom

1/72 Hasegawa VF-0A custom

1/72 Hasegawa ...................... custom ( Top Secret)...lol

1/100 Bandai VF-2SS SAP

Other stuff non Macross

HCM Pro figures

5 of the suckers....lol

Gundam Fix

GPO3S Dendrobium

Gundam Models

1/550 GPO3S Dendrobium

1/100 GPO1

1/100 GPO1B

1/100 GPO2

Plus all the prizes and give-aways......lol....hope you guys will meet me as I'll be getting dropped of with all this stuff.......lol

Not long now...are we all excited...lol

Edited by warpaint22

Hi Guys sorry can't stay on

3 things -

1 . Got the dvds with me so that's all safe and sound

2 . Seeing how prizes were sent to me instead of Warpaint22 it's limited my display room for bringing stuff.

So for all people who have 1/60's and 1/48's please feel free to bring them along! :)

I got my YF-21 stuff atleast haha, but yeah bummer, i wanted to bring mospeada and stuff extra, not today but doesn't matter!

3. All people wishing to contact me - 0412 450 917.

That's all! i think Shazzam wanted to meet up at 3 pm friday, call me if you want to meet up before the con or you need directions. ok?

So everyone got this? -

9 AM START

9 PM FINISH

Sorry for being so brief, busy on my end! :p

Matt

Just a quick drop in, THE RUSKII HAS LANDED! :p

dvds have been given to the projectionist, now it's a waiting game........................................ .........................

Jason are you going to pick up the cake for us? 8 am open time it is, sweetums cakery

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Here we are only hours away from the con.

Matt and I have looked though the cineama this afternoon and we will all have plenty of room for our displays. The projectionist should be arriving at the Regent at around 8.30 am. I will try and pick up the cake at 8.00 am and meet everyone at around 8.30 am. I did a check of the bakery "Sweetums", but is it located at:

Sweetums

6 Rialanna St

Kenmore

QLD, 4069

Australia

Contact Details

Ph: (07) 3378 2645

http://www.whereis.com/QLD/Kenmore/6_Riala...St#session=MTE=

???

Directions to offload your displays:

If you go down Elizebeth Street just past the Myer Center, The entrance at the back of the cineama is just past the construction site on the left hand side. Look for the black Honda Jazz with the number plate MYF19.

I'll try and email everyone this evening. If you have any other details post here or email me: jasonc_88@hotmail.com

Otherwise see everyone tomorrow.

Edited by shazam

Signing in from the hotel

great day! Lots of fun was had and i think we all walked away with memories and new friends :)

I also walked away with a Yamato 1D, Revoltech AND GNU YF-19's and YF-21s and some assorted comics from all the awesome comic stores around here.

Thanx again for organising it Matt!

It's 1:15am, and I've managed to make it back home. But It's not time to sleep yet - I've still got vrarious crap to do and fill out before I can hit the sack, grab a few Zzzs, wake up later this morning and then - hopefully - find out if I need to go to work today.

<sigh> :(

WOW!!!! What a day, we all had a ball...what more can I say.

It was great meeting up with the Aussie forum members, making new friends and showing off our displays.

Have to say the displays where awesome, a really great effort put in by all attending.

And yes those who couldn't make it you missed a great friendly event but it has layed the ground work for future Aus Cons.

I'd like to say a big thank you to everyone who voted my VF-1S+ EMU "Best Custom Build" and thank you HLJ for the awesome prize " Bandai 1/72 VF-25F Supermassiah" with B-Club hand set and 10% discount voucher.

Also BIG congrats for PeterB winning "Best Custom Paint" for his VF-2SS custom (Please correct me if I'm wrong...lack of sleep...lol) winning the 1/72 VF-25S Supermassiah again with B-Club hand set and 10% discount voucher.

Congrats to Cowie165 for his effort with I beleave secound in custom paint (again correct me if I've got it wrong...lol)

Sceam Man for his effort in the Transforming comp, I think this provided more laughs than anything all day. Just managing to beat Sream Man but it was ever so close, really these guys where so even it was really hard to tell who was quicker....lol. Big thanks to Overdrive for the Yamato 1/60 VF-1D that was the prize.

I beleave Matt won "Best Custom Toy" winning GNU YF-19 and 21...........awesome effort.

Plus much more that I just can't think of right now.

I'd like to give a massive thank you to Shazam for the prizes he gave out, I can't thank you enough for your awesomeness.

Now a Huge THANK YOU to Matt who has put in a lot of effort and funds to make this day happen and to say it has been a pleasure to be working with him on the con board.

Thanks to Chriss for the picture he awarded me what an artist...thank man.

Thanks to Sonic for doing our con posters and our con Momento Picture and of course polidread who supplied our Valk Girl who we used in the momento pictures.....I'll be sending polidread and Sonic there pictures shortly, thanks guys.

A Really BIG BIG THANK YOU to our sponsors who put in a massive effort to bring our con to life, with out these guys support it wouldn't have been possible to do the con with the awesomeness we achived...so thank you Kirin Hobby for your massive effort, HLJ whos sent awesome prizes for us modelers, Overdrive who has been with us from the beginning with a massive effort, Sonic for his designs, Mecha Studios Australia for momento pictures, Studio Starforge for the resin figures, I'm sure I left somebody out.....lol, but thank you so much for being our sponsors. We'll be sending momento pictures to our sponsor ASAP.

Lastly I want to say a big thank you to all the fans who supported us in attending, the day was awesome because of you and I must say I haven't had the oppertunity to be with some many friendly people, it was truely a pleasure meeting you all, and I hope you all enjoy your momento pictures.

MacAusCon09.jpg

Edited by warpaint22

It was a fantastic day, many collectibles and models I'd never seen before. And being able to see some Macross series (Macross Zero) on the big screen was simply awesome!

But the highlight was being able to chat with fellow enthusiasts and make some friends. I'm amazed at the cross-section of people who love Macross in Australia.

A big thanks to everyone involved in this big day. And a special thanks to the sponsors.

Apologies I had to leave so quickly after the movie finished... I'd had no dinner and my hotel reception closed at 10pm, and I hadn't even picked the keys up yet!

Anyway, long live Mac Aus Con! Thanks to all the organisers.

Edited by PetarB

I'll echo the thanks to Matt and all the guys behind the scenes.

And, I now have my first Macross toy... I feel so cold and dirty...

:p

Revoltechs are quite cool. I started building the kit around 9.30 this morning. I think I finished around 9.33. Fastest build I've ever done :)

COMPETITION WINNERS!

Custom Model BUILD Scheme - WARPAINT22!! PRIZE - (HLJ) Bandai 1/72 Super ALTO! (plus 10% discount hlj coupon and extra hands ALTO + Pencil Board) 2nd prize, Cowie165!

Custom Model PAINT Scheme - PETARB!! PRIZE - (HLJ) Bandai 1/72 Super OZMA! (plus 10% discount hlj coupon and extra hands OZMA + Pencil Board) 2nd prize, Warpaint22!

Custom VARIABLE BUILD Scheme - RUSKIIVFAUSSIE!! (yay!) PRIZE - (Overdrive) 1/60 v.2 VF-1D (sold later to ScreamMan)

So there's the main prize winners!!! Thankyou to our WONDERFUL Sponsors Overdrive and HLJ.com and KIRIN HOBBY!!

Awesome time guys, really loved seeing yas all there, the model turn out was pure brilliance, like i envisioned, you guys stole the show what a fantastic display

of talent and Macross fandom!!! Extremely proud of each and every one of you.

It goes without saying we all appreciate the time and effort in your works and we are already preparing for your excellance at Mac Aus Con 2010!!!

Special regards to WARPAINT22, you handled everything beautifully, thanks man for your professionalism and great service to us Australian Macross fans, big things are planned mate this is just the start! You and me mate, Mac Aus Con 10' will fricken kick ass. Your a good mate!!!

SHAZZAM! Thanks so much for your great help with setting everything up, your a great friend to all of us and look forward to a drink lunch time today mate!

To PetarB and Cowie165, Pete and Mark thanks so much for coming!!! Pete your VF-4 kicked all soughts of ass, and your comancherro (sp) roked VERY hard.

Mark everyone expects big things from you in the future, your skills are fricken fantastic i LOVED your Glaug!!!! Seriously guys that weren't there it was like a

metal finish it looked perfect and was one of my favs on the day, Thanks man. You two guys need to step up and wrestle the title of Warpaint22 for next year!!!

Warpaint22's EMU custom stole the show! Steve i'm so lucky i got the chance to see all the build up of the EMU, guys Warpaint22 has got THE SKILLZ.

Seriously you just wait till he posts up professional pics of each and every little f'n fantastic detail!

Fully Variable Armour for the VF-1 means so much winage to me and all Macross fans the world over.

Signing in from the hotel

great day! Lots of fun was had and i think we all walked away with memories and new friends :)

I also walked away with a Yamato 1D, Revoltech AND GNU YF-19's and YF-21s and some assorted comics from all the awesome comic stores around here.

Thanx again for organising it Matt!

Yeah i know mate you really wanted it and i didn't have the nerve to not sell it off to you, i'm glad your happy with her and it makes me happy that so many

of us went home with big smiles on the dials! :D

Good to meet ya Craig!!!

Great to also meet Neo and your missus, great to see Aikurisu there, you've made some new mates on satruday and everyone will hope to see you next year!

SPECIAL MENTION to STEVE, your a lurker here mate but why you should not feel shy or less of a fan please come nejxt year an join in the fandom mate! ^____^

Great to see you and your missus come, hope you can contribute with the con next year mate!

Nice to meet Jamie and you other guys that dropped in to say hello! Hope to see you there next year, Jamie seeeing how your a modeller we

hope you can join in the hot competition next year!

Ahh i'm stoked, overall the convention went all to plan, the cinema was fantastic, little hiccup with the zero disc but i feel it was more an issue with the cinema dvd player overheating, the Zero disc plays perfectly with no problems whatsoever, but that was the only outside point of the con, everything else looked brilliant DYRL? was the HIGH point for me! And Macross Plus was fricken awesome big scale!

Due to time constraints and the huge HUGE task of setting up the displays (modellers mostly) we couldn't see all the cinema screenings (mostly macross 7 and II) but that can be for next year!

Huge Thanks for Ben Burns (Regent Theatrette) to keep the dream alive! Thanks mate.

So! I'll be getting all the pics off Aikurisu's camera later on, and sending it all to Overdrive and SAVE's site Otaku2.

Links will be given!

Gotta run for a drink with Shazzam now, THANKS GUYS!!!!!! talk to yas later! ^_^:D

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

ScreamMan won the Frantic Variable display comp! NOT ME! LOL

I won the Custom comp lol with my saber'd 1J!!!

talk to ya later dude :p

WOW!!!! What a day, we all had a ball...what more can I say.

It was great meeting up with the Aussie forum members, making new friends and showing off our displays.

Have to say the displays where awesome, a really great effort put in by all attending.

And yes those who couldn't make it you missed a great friendly event but it has layed the ground work for future Aus Cons.

I'd like to say a big thank you to everyone who voted my VF-1S+ EMU "Best Custom Build" and thank you HLJ for the awesome prize " Bandai 1/72 VF-25F Supermassiah" with B-Club hand set and 10% discount voucher.

Also BIG congrats for PeterB winning "Best Custom Paint" for his VF-2SS custom (Please correct me if I'm wrong...lack of sleep...lol) winning the 1/72 VF-25S Supermassiah again with B-Club hand set and 10% discount voucher.

Congrats to Cowie165 for his effort with I beleave secound in custom paint (again correct me if I've got it wrong...lol)

Matt for his effort in the Transforming comp, I think this provided more laughs than anything all day. Just managing to beat Sream Man but it was ever so close, really these guys where so even it was really hard to tell who was quicker....lol. Big thanks to Overdrive for the Yamato 1/60 VF-1D that was the prize.

I beleave Scream Man won "Best Custom Toy" winning GNU YF-19 and 21...........awesome effort.

Plus much more that I just can't think of right now.

I'd like to give a massive thank you to Shazam for the prizes he gave out, I can't thank you enough for your awesomeness.

Now a Huge THANK YOU to Matt who has put in a lot of effort and funds to make this day happen and to say it has been a pleasure to be working with him on the con board.

Thanks to Chriss for the picture he awarded me what an artist...thank man.

Thanks to Sonic for doing our con posters and our con Momento Picture and of course polidread who supplied our Valk Girl who we used in the momento pictures.....I'll be sending polidread and Sonic there pictures shortly, thanks guys.

A Really BIG BIG THANK YOU to our sponsors who put in a massive effort to bring our con to life, with out these guys support it wouldn't have been possible to do the con with the awesomeness we achived...so thank you Kirin Hobby for your massive effort, HLJ whos sent awesome prizes for us modelers, Overdrive who has been with us from the beginning with a massive effort, Sonic for his designs, Mecha Studios Australia for momento pictures, Studio Starforge for the resin figures, I'm sure I left somebody out.....lol, but thank you so much for being our sponsors. We'll be sending momento pictures to our sponsor ASAP.

Lastly I want to say a big thank you to all the fans who supported us in attending, the day was awesome because of you and I must say I haven't had the oppertunity to be with some many friendly people, it was truely a pleasure meeting you all, and I hope you all enjoy your momento pictures.

MacAusCon09.jpg

Awesome, i wish I could of been there amongst the masses of my own people for once. Being in a Macross convention to me is better than a regular anime convention. Maaaaaaaaan, I need one for Oregon.

What more can I say that has not already been said. It was a truly awesome con with great people in attendance. The modeling displays were brilliant. I hope to see your models pictured in magazines. It is a true credit to you all. I never play favourites to anyone's models/displays for the simple fact that I do like everything that you have displayed. I can say that it was a real die hard effort for everyone to haul their displays to the con, set up for the entire day only to pack everything up in the evening. Many, many boxes. lol :D We all had a lot of faith that the con would be a success and it exceeded our expectations.

The total amount of prizes from our sponsors was overwhelming. Everyone cannot thank you enough.

Very sorry to not meeting up with Scream Man again on the Sunday. Thanks Chriss for the artwork. Your artwork is so much better than what others give you credit for on Deviant Art. I am very impressed with it. I can't wait to see all the photos you have taken.

I like to thank Steve and your wife for coming in and giving praise to the con. I would also like to thank Jamie and crew for dropping by and chatting. We would love to have you guys come back and join us for next years con. Please post, we would love to here your own feed back from the con.

With the success of a great con has sown the seeds to something better. I hope to meet up with you all before the next con. There is so much to discuss.

Last but not least I would like to give a BIG THANK YOU to Matt for everything you have done for everyone. You are a true gentleman. I cannot praise you enough my friend.

Thank you all and sorry if I have left out anything. B))

Mac Aus Con is here to stay. ;)

Edited by shazam

lol, I'd feel like a schmuck if I didn't reply here after attending. =P

Seriously though, it was bloody brilliant attending the con and meeting up with you guys. Matt already knows, but it was a bit of a step for me getting out of my comfort zone as a recluse in the countryside. Just being in Brissie alone was a bit of a miracle in its own right, but I’m glad now I allowed him to drag me into it. Been pretty much in the doldrums as far as my art’s been concerned with the year so far, but thanks much to the friendliness involved at the con, the conversing, and seeing what went on has given me a bit of a spark to keep the engine running. So it’s done a world of good for me… but enough of the sentimental crap.

A really big thanks to Warpaint and Shazam though. Hearing among and talking to you guys about a few issues on things that have been troubling me a long while with my own work has made thinking about them more bearable and clearer now, and I’m glad you liked the prints! And again, Shazam, thanks for all the utterly inspiring Macross II comics and the models. Looking forward to seeing your model work on the VF-2SS too, Warpaint! (Maybe we should give it a custom paint job or something?) Your work on the EMU was awesome! It rightly deserved the prize it received. Same to everyone else too who won prizes!

And yeah, thanks bro for having a big hand in devising the con! And ... what? I’m supposed to say more? Well ... I erm... umm... Diplomatic Immunity? =P

But yes! Great turnout. As Shazam said earlier on at the con, it was comfortable and I hope to attend the next con just to catch up with all of ya.

Hopefully by then too, I’ll have a few Macross related artworks to give out as prizes, whether I'm even there or not.

And now begins the long journey of sorting through the photos I took… and here's the first volley!

settingup-1.jpg

otherside-1.jpg

Picking-1.jpg

Next volley will probably have a couple of detailed pics of the EMU and more, but that can wait till... later in the day. It's nearing 3am right now. XD

(Btw, as I upload these, if anyone wants a specific pic enlarged, I'll send it by email, unless someone knows better? Lousy photobucket restrictions...)

Edited by Aikurisu

Hey guys

Just got to have a read of all the post and it really did sound like an awesome event, i'm still bummed out that i didn't get to make it to the con. I was sitting at work on thr friday at my desk generating my reports thinking "i should have been just leave perth domestic right about now.....:("

If there are more of these events to come in the future i'm already going to start saving now so that i don't run out of funds like this year! We did have some money to spare so i was allowed to buy the entire series of Macross 7 and Frontier on dvd (i even got frontier with the CD soundtrack thrown in) as a "sorry we didn't have the money to let you go" present. :)

Anyway looks great and MORE PICS PLEASE!!!!

Sorry if I'm going a bit slow uploading new photos, guys. The family's modem router is going to pot, and this old rustic comp isn't helping either, lol.

Just a head's up warning, though. Over half of the images I took didn't come out any good at all, (way too blurry...) so I won't upload them. Apologies. =/

But anyhoo! I promised good shots of the EMU, and here they are! (Save the first linked image, but it's still in it behind Roy!)

EMU03.jpg

EMU01.jpg

EMU02.jpg

Edited by Aikurisu

It's now Thursday Morning (local time) and the weekend's release has finally decided to go to sleep (metaphorically speaking). Annoyed me no end to have only spent 1/2 a day with you guys :( , but the bit I spent was FUN. :) I *love* the models people brought up (many thanks) and they rightly put my meagre attempt at model-building to shame.

Anyway, I'll post the photos I took when I finally get them downloaded from the hardware (and figure out how to post them on this forum). :p

Fantastic photos!! but like all photos,its better to see it in real life,and hopefully next time i will for sure! maybe even add some to the table. Imagine for the next con its set in some spacious hall where the entrance is in between the Macross's legs :lol: Id spend the time to build it lol