MAC AUS CON 09' - BRISBANE! '.. it's official!&#39

Wow wow wow, taken out of context there. I like the Revoltech figures. And I think that's very cool that someone is giving them out for free cause depending where you get them, they're not cheap. So the people who are going and getting one of these is a sweet ass deal.

Those things are suppose to be like 15 dollars or something like that, and most places charge like 30+ bucks I paid like.......uuuhhhh 55 for two and was a lil astonished I even allowed that!

But yeah they're cool items, got a lot of poseability to them and some good accessories so I'm not dogging them at all. I just had originally thought they were bigger, but I guess you could say they're more space savers lol.

Wow wow wow, taken out of context there. I like the Revoltech figures. And I think that's very cool that someone is giving them out for free cause depending where you get them, they're not cheap. So the people who are going and getting one of these is a sweet ass deal.

Those things are suppose to be like 15 dollars or something like that, and most places charge like 30+ bucks I paid like.......uuuhhhh 55 for two and was a lil astonished I even allowed that!

But yeah they're cool items, got a lot of poseability to them and some good accessories so I'm not dogging them at all. I just had originally thought they were bigger, but I guess you could say they're more space savers lol.

Thank you very much for the above post and clearing everything up, yes I may have taken the statement out of contexted but it is my job to make sure our sponsors are protected from negative statements. So I would like to say sorry to you Hikuro as I had no intention on bagging you, but just felt that the statement was not the best for this thread. No harm done and please don't feel that you can't post in the thread as we love to see the interest an support of fellow members. So IMO no harm done and please feel free to continue posting all I ask is just think about weather your post could be taken in bad context by our sponsors as we have worked very hard to get such sponsorship and hope that they will continue to sponsor us in the future. :)

man this is just gonna kill me but i have to pull out of this.......

i was going to use my ruddy money to help pay for this BUT my car has broke down so a fair amount of the money is going to that

AND

my dog got hurt and i've had to take him to the vet for surgury so there goes the rest (and some of my own money!) so i just can make it now and with all of the extra thing being thrown in by the sponsers it just makes it harder to pull out!!!!

Well enjoy the day guys, i know its going to be awesome just wish i could be there to share it with you all

AND I WANT PICS ON HERE FROM THE EVENT...............that way i can at least pretend i was there :)

@Bluemaxx: that is a bummer mate. kevin wants you to come to the con!

@PetarB: I think Matt said the model entry was on Saturday. I sure hope so, because I can't make it on Sunday unfortunately.

Glaug is panel-lined and preshaded. I wish I could post pics. And I missed a seam line!!!!!!! Argh!! Rushing sucks, but the con will be worth it. I've been painting a lot of GW minis recently and I'm having fun applying stuff I've learned about shading and highlights to the 1/100 kit. Let's see how it turns out.

That's a big shame Bluemaxx, you will be missed. I hope all goes well for you I know how car repairs suck you dry, I also hope your dog is OK. All the best to ya!! We'll make sure there is plenty of pics of everything and I hope you can make next years con. :)

Edited by warpaint22

I've been away for a little while (table at Supanova and all the crap that goes with it).

Did I miss anything? :unsure:

“e-mail ruskii, he’ll will update you with everything unless you want to read through the 13 pages since you been away.

I’ve told him to e-mail you but he’s away on work for now. Cool that your back Neo we were wondering where you got to! :p

Lots of stuff has been updated and all our sponsors have sent us these con exclusive goodies!”

Edited by warpaint22

Alright! i'm back! Sorry for the lateness, the net was down all weekend, so i'm happy i can post some updates today!

First of all thankyou so much to Warpaint22 for keeping everything and everyone updated!!

Thanks to Cowie for keeping us updated with the Glaug! alright mate!!

PetarB, lol come on man you know i'm away at work, my e-mail between monday to early friday is - mlove@curragh.com.au

I sent you some PM's before but i think your pretty busy as well mate, hit me up on e-mail and i can fill you in with all the goss first hand.

So cool your submitting something bad ass!!! We can't wait to see!!!

Reason why i can't stop on the forum is the office server has a block on MW, but thankfully this gives me the extra time

to do the all important outside organizing and awesome members like Warpaint22, Shazzam and Cowie help out with keeping the thread alive which is important!

So until the area which i work in gets service for a respectable net provider it'll be like this, sorry everyone, but i don't feel like i've let anyone down, and i don't miss this place. LOL

- - - U P D A T E - - -

1 - We are doing our best to secure our one last international Sponsor. With Kirin Hobby, Overdrive, HLJ.com, we have exceeded all our initial expectations! Our sponsors rule!!!

2 - All our sonsors have sent their prizes for our competitions! A HUGE HUGE THANKS TO HLJ.com and OVERDRIVE! And of course KIRIN HOBBY with his fantastic effort last week. :)

3 - Ben Burns of the Regent Theatrette will have the payment side of things ready by middle or hopefully early next week! Soon as it's ready i will have it posted on the forum.

(he's gonna have it set up we will make payments through the cinema, just as if we'd be buying a movie ticket online/mail/phone etc!)

4 - T-Shirts will be organized this week, final touches have been done, just need to confirm with the t-shirt company that all will be ready to go. I'll keep yas updated this week.

5 - CAKE! yes i have submitted the cake details to the bakery/cakery whatever and they'll be letting me know all is good this week. YUMM!

6 - Mostly all this week has been about is making sure the prizes were sent last week. Warpaint22 will be receiving it all and bringing it to us on the Saturday morning! :)

7 - Ben Burns has organized tables, and i'll be organizing nice black table cloth/blankets to make it look classy.

? - i've been busy doing my own customs! lol This week i've been adding decals, and doing some cool additions to my custom 1/48. KICK ASS.

Anyone need to contact me personally can get me on - mlove@curragh.com.au .

But Warpaint, Cowie and Shazzam are all working with me and putting in 1000% to make Mac Aus Con 09' run smoothly.

that is all.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Ok, the payment arangements will be organised this week so as soon as we hear from Ben I will post up the details.

Prizes keep on arriving from our sponsors which will make for a great day, I took delivery from HLJ this morning with thier prizes, so thank you very much Hobby Link Japan for your contribution to or convention.

Now it's all up to you the fans to make the con the best it can be. We have done as much as we can but we need your help to fill the final seats.

At this point the Movie Marrathon will be a one off as future cons will most likly be held at a convention room like more traditional conventions.

So Now it's up to you the fans to finish the job by attending. We have spent countless hours and a large amount of our own money to make this event happen, there is no profit for us and with out your attendence we could be hit with further costs. Which would be a shame due to the effort put in, the free give aways we have secured and the prizes that have been supplied.

So come on Austalian Macross fans this is a chance for you to enjoy something truely amazing, meet new people that share your same interest and just have an all round great time. So please show your support, contact Matt on his email ( Listed in the above post) and book your seats.

Not long now that another weekend has gone by.

Ha, for all that has been going on I totally forgot about the cake. Chocolate cake with a Macross emblem...hmmm..chocolate.

Once again the sponsors have done a brilliant job in supplying prizes. For a little known convention and the first of it's kind it is truly appreciated.

Those customs sound awesome and are well worth waiting for. They will be a huge asset to the con.

Good news!

We are working with Overdrive and Kirin Hobby in regards to them getting exclusive Mac Aus Con 09’ Coverage which they

will be providing photos and video of the con soon as we can post it to them! We are talking all the exclusive Mac Aus Con 09’ customs and events!

There is an Official Mac Aus Con Website in the works, but until we can get her ready we will have our great sponsors looking after us!

http://www.kirinhobby.com/shop/

http://www.over-drive-inc.com/

Thanks Overdrive and Kirin Hobby!!!

Where’s you slackers reserving your seats?????????????????????????????????????????

Are you fans or what? Looks like there are just a lot of Tranny and Gundam wannabe Macross fans on here. *shakes head*

Matt

Posting from iPhone here, but it's looking like I may make it after all!! I'll know more in the next day or two....

iphone nice.....

That's awesome news Scream Man keep us posted as we need to get seats filled ASAP. I'll begin the countdown from tomorrow.....lol.

Edited by warpaint22

I'm back in! long string of events, but the short end is i have a $600 voucher to spend at flight centre. So Ill be there! Woohoo!

Ill have to read up on what's happening...

Awesome news Scream Man great you are comming, keep us posted as to what you intend to bring if you are going to display some stuff. :)

Hey SCREAM MAN! YOUR COMING MATE/????? AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mate that's great news! I was really dissapointed you weren't coming man, but now, i'm stoked! Congrats man!!

Are you still after a 1D??? You need to PM me asap if you do, Takashi from Overdrive is sending stuff soon, and if you wanted to save on shipping (maybe there is room

as he's sending two boxes of prizes and my Max TV-1A) but yeah, be a top time to have something cool to pick up! :D

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

haha no worries SMan

new thread is going up today guys, this is going to be the pic and link thread *for video* and will have start and end time with order of events as planned.

DEADLINE 5th of May. RESERVE NOW!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

You guys that are still thinking of coming and are 50-50 let me know whats stopping ya and w'll work out something to make it all work ok?

This cinema marathon is a one off, will not happen again, so don't let the opportunity slip k guys? I'd honestly hate to see yas just miss out. :)

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Guys, we are 2 ‘two’ seats short, please asap, e-mail us if your wanting to come to the convention! There is two seats up front for the taking,

which means the extra leg room! Please e-mail Matt on – mlove@curragh.com.au today! Thanks so much for the members already supporting Mac Aus Con 09’

Now is the time to jump off the fence and race to reserve your seat! Cheers! Matt “

OK it's time to pay for your tickets, all details have been arranged and we'd like payments to be made by the end of the week to early next week at he latest. Payments will be made direct to Regent Theatrette, Matt has the details so email him on vf1custom@live.com.au and he can send you the details.

OK numbers for momento pictures from Mecha Studios Australia will be tallied tomorrow so if your undesided to if your comming do it by tomorrow or miss out. Also another reminder to contact Matt to get the payment details or to confirm your attendence. Thanks :D

OK numbers for momento pictures from Mecha Studios Australia will be tallied tomorrow so if your undesided to if your comming do it by tomorrow or miss out. Also another reminder to contact Matt to get the payment details or to confirm your attendence. Thanks :D

Whoops... lose track of time and you miss something important.

I've just e-mailed Matt for the payment details and am confirming myself+LadyD for the con.

And hopefully I'll have something to display by then.

Hi blokes! Neo i e-mailed you the details before i left for work mate :) i'm on this e-mail till late Monday - vf1custom@live.com.au

Only 8 people confirmed making payments?? wtf?? Are you guys insane? Where's the support? :o

Where's BoganRobotLightning.

Hi blokes! Neo i e-mailed you the details before i left for work mate :) i'm on this e-mail till late Monday - vf1custom@live.com.au

Only 8 people confirmed making payments?? wtf?? Are you guys insane? Where's the support? :o

Where's BoganRobotLightning.

Mac Aus Con 09

has been in the planning stages for well over 6 months and we need your support immediately. We are now only a week away from the con and people are still hesitant about coming. "COME ON" and make Mac Aus Con 09 happen. We need a minimum of 16 attendees to pay for the theatre. Don't expect Matt to pay the rest out of his own pocket after doing all the hard work in getting the con together to start with. Matt has already contributed a lot of his own time and money so everything would be set up like a true convention should.

Plus all the other attendees have made there own contributions in the best interest of the con such as preparing models and displays, plus paying for travel and accommodation for the weekend.

So "COME ON" , you know you want it. Now prove it.

Edited by shazam

got another one hopefully, if you message me on my home e-mail - vf1custom@live.com.au please let me know if you are a member on the forums here or other.

still need 5 people!!! Please support us! You think this convention will come around again?? Our sponsors won't even give us the time of day if they find out

the con attendance is this f u c k i n g pathetic!

F' sake show your support. Show your support for Australian fans and Macross! Is Macross fandom dead in Australia?? huh?

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie