MAC AUS CON 09' - BRISBANE! '.. it's official!&#39

My friends, it is with deepregret that I must bow out of this. I wasnt sure until today but it has been confirmed. my wifes cousins wedding is in May as well 9The week after macrosscon) in Melbourne; Unfortunately we can't afford forme to go to brissy and then both of us to go to Melbourne a week later (which Im told is for several days).

matt u have done an amazing job of bringing this all together, and if someone PM's me a mobile bnumber Ill try and call over on the Sunday so i can see how it's fgoing. i hope it can all happen again next year so I can make it then.

Sorry guys

Craig

Ahh no worries Craig man, totally understand and she's cool! :) Keep dropping in though, coz there is alot gonna happen on the day!

Hey fellas, its Nightbringer here from RT.com ,just made an account here.

Yeah i would love to come,first time in aus it would be an honour to participate in. just hoping with work and all i can get the weekend off for it i should be able too (Airport work) but i cant make any promises unfortunately,ill give a heads up anyway,i might miss out on the movie marathon tho if im too late.

is there another from townsville here?!? Oh emm gee, maybe the next con can be here :p we need something one day lol.

lol ahh your not that far away, and you know your gonna kick yourself hard for even thinking of not making it! :p:P:P:P:P:P

Just remember the Saturday is the only display day, Sunday is just a chill out sess from the marathon : Also will be a swap meet and maybe a PSP comp..

If there were ppl with that game that is! :p

Thanks for supporting the con man!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Contest entry update:

Glaug is 80% assembled. Now up to my eyeballs in the sand->Mr Surfacer->sand->Mr Surfacer->etc. Have to clear these seam lines so I can finish assembly. Undercoated a few parts today to check the seam lines were gone. Grrrr, still more work required.

Is anyone else making a kit or just entering something they've finished already?

Mark

haha awesome! GLAUG GOODNESS! can't wait!

Ahha, can't say, goes without saying PetarB will be submitting something very cool, he hasn't realy hinted on anything since i told him about the comps,

and warpaint22 will be providing something extremely badass, but ya know, if i told you i'd probably have to kamakazi myself.

Happy Easter Everyone!!

should have another member confirming her reservation in the next week! :D

HAPPY EASTER MATE! I wish I could make it. :(

I'm certain it will be a blast indeed!

Edited by macross1979

ohh your an aussie are ya?! ahh too bad, i'ts gonna be wicked! Welcome to the forum!!!

We've got Rudd's money coming and still around a month to save up so everyone keep your options open please! Don't Miss out!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

ohh your an aussie are ya?! ahh too bad, i'ts gonna be wicked! Welcome to the forum!!!

We've got Rudd's money coming and still around a month to save up so everyone keep your options open please! Don't Miss out!

I yam what I yam...I'm Popeye the sailor man... :lol:

ruskiiVFaussie, thanks for the information on the parking to offload my gear for the con. Also thanks to warpaint22 for looking into the parking. It will make things a lot easier to transport back and forth.

Welcome Vepariga. I hope you can make it to the con.

I have also added some pics of my collection in the Gallery section. I am currently working on taking newer photos which I will post in the coming weeks.

Shazam's Macross Album Collection

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...m&album=325

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter to everyone. Great news...we have Sonic comming to the con, so that's another seat gone. Looks like it will be a full house so if your not sure if your comming you better work it out as you will likely miss a seat. Everything is set for a great Con. Can't wait!!!!!!!! :)

Edited by warpaint22

"Kirin Hobby, our sole US Sponsor and great friend, has generously announced today he will supply each

and every ticket holder with a randomly picked Macross Revoltech Variant ! ! !! ! ! ! ! ! !!!!! -

(being either VF-1S, VF-1J,VF-1A, YF-19 and YF-21!!!!) Isn’t that totally awesome! Kirin Hobby rules!!!!

Another reason why this convention is f'n kick ass, and how it's worth everyones commitment and seat reservation!

Need I remind everyone there are oodles of other freebies for each and every member, but we can't go

announcing everything now can we! Suprises galore!

The way we will give out these cool little figures (at the start of the marathon so youz will

have something to tinker with while the movies are being shown) is by each member drawing from a shuffled box

of the maximum 22 members, a little folded ticket stub/note will decide on what you get! fairs fair!

RESERVE YOUR SEAT N-O-W, not in a week, or 2 weeks before the CON, NOW.

: D

Support Mac Aus Con!!!! The one and ONLY Aussie Macross destination!"

ruskii/matt

Here’s what’s in store! Thanks so much Kirin Hobby!!!!

YF-21 Guld

TYKA-01610_02.jpg

TYKA-01610_03.jpg

VF-1S Roy

TYKA-01321_02.jpg

TYKA-01321_04.jpg

VF-1J Hikaru

TYKA-01272_03.jpg

TYKA-01272_04.jpg

VF-1A Hikaru

TYKA-01369_03.jpg

TYKA-01369_04.jpg

YF-19 Isamu

TYKA-01609_02.jpg

TYKA-01609_04.jpg

Edited by warpaint22

Here’s what’s in store! Thanks so much Kirin Hobby!!!!

YF-21 Guld

TYKA-01610_02.jpg

TYKA-01610_03.jpg

VF-1S Roy

TYKA-01321_02.jpg

TYKA-01321_04.jpg

VF-1J Hikaru

TYKA-01272_03.jpg

TYKA-01272_04.jpg

VF-1A Hikaru

TYKA-01369_03.jpg

TYKA-01369_04.jpg

YF-19 Isamu

TYKA-01609_02.jpg

TYKA-01609_04.jpg

Holly crap that is a SWEEEET deal. :) I'm impressed.

Thanks again to Kirin Hobby for helping make Mac Aus Con the best it can be.

Well done Matt and warpaint22. ;)

Like to shout out a "VERY BIG THANK YOU!" to Kirin Hobby, a Revoltech for each ticket holder. What a bonus for all Saturday attendees!!

This is only the beginning of the awesomeness that is Mac Aus Con 09. Mecha Studios Australia will also be supplying a memento for each Saturday ticket holder so you'll be taking home a Revoltech and the M.S.A memento just for starters. Also, a sponsor ( which will be revealed on the day) will be supplying some free grog for the Saturday.

So get your tickets now as there are only a few seats left and you won't want to miss out!!! :p

Edited by warpaint22

Less than a month now guys! I'll be contacting Ben Burns next week and make sure he's got the payment side of things set up so we can get

all our seats booked and safe. :D

If you guys would prefer you can pay half when due and the rest on the day if that woud be easier, but really the con ticket is such agood deal,

it's IMPOSSIBLE to argue it's worth after all the freebies (revoltechs announced so far more to come) and the 12 hour marathon gold class quality cinema experience.

Let alone the tens of thousands worth of displays and collections including CON EXCLUSIVE customs you'll never see anywhere else.

Please Support Mac Aus Con!!! And a big big welcome for the Brisbane Locals! (i'm lookin at you BAS Brisbane Anime Society!) ^_~~~~~~~~~~~~~~!

http://bbb.brisbaneanime.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=979 !!!!

And may i just give a HUGE thanks to Aikurisu, his Mac Aus Con girl is looking so damn fine, T-Shirts will be ready soon!!!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

- U P D A T E -

Given it some thought, seeing how we got a few seats still left how about this -

BRING A FRIEND? GET $15 BUCKS OFF THE TOTAL TICKET COST! :) Not that we can afford it but hey, better than having a seat un-attended then isn't it! :p

Just remember it's a non-profit convention, for fans made by fans. :D But i'm happy to wear 50 or so bucks to get the left over seats done and dusted.

SUPPORT MAC AUS CON 09'! THE no.ONE AND ONLY MACROSS DESTINATION IN THE WORLD!

No.1 Bitchez! :lol: ^_~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

- U P D A T E -

Given it some thought, seeing how we got a few seats still left how about this -

BRING A FRIEND? GET $15 BUCKS OFF THE TOTAL TICKET COST! :) Not that we can afford it but hey, better than having a seat un-attended then isn't it! :p

Just remember it's a non-profit convention, for fans made by fans. :D But i'm happy to wear 50 or so bucks to get the left over seats done and dusted.

SUPPORT MAC AUS CON 09'! THE no.ONE AND ONLY MACROSS DESTINATION IN THE WORLD!

No.1 Bitchez! :lol: ^_~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not a bad option mate. I'll see what I can do between now and then.

When do we all get to see those wonderful T-shirts for the con. Do they come in Black and/or white?? Also, when do we get a looky at the "OFFICIAL MACROSS AUSTRALIAN CONVENTION FLAG" ???

Keep those surprises coming!

Edited by shazam

Black T-Shirts! Aikurisu is making the finishing touches, an until he is happy with it, then i can send em away from print. ;) Then the pre-order happens. :D

As for the Flag afraid not! People didn't like my idea of an Aussie Macross Anthem competition so nuts to yas it'll have to happen another time!

That's IF there will be another time for Mac Aus Con, you guys thinking of coming and humming and harring, whats the bet there won't be a mac aus con ever again?

:o :o :o Don't miss out ya bunch of slackers!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

One of my VA's just told me you guys should take some of the VF-1 Revoltechs, spray paint them gold, and put them on oscar stands and hand 'em out to the cast for DYRL, I thought that was pretty funny and thought I'd share that.

Either case, very cool that someone is gonna give out those things. I own one from a convention back last year, they're not bad, but pretty tiny sadly.

LOL totally! that's a great idea hahahhah. gtmishima what you reckon about that idea mate? :D

What are you talking about though, the revoltechs are small, but that's the whole point of revoltechs Hikuro, lol dumbass! They are small, and ultra poseable. Pocket macross figs for the win!

One of my VA's just told me you guys should take some of the VF-1 Revoltechs, spray paint them gold, and put them on oscar stands and hand 'em out to the cast for DYRL, I thought that was pretty funny and thought I'd share that.

Either case, very cool that someone is gonna give out those things. I own one from a convention back last year, they're not bad, but pretty tiny sadly.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Those Revoltech's look so cool! It'll be my first Macross toy ^_^ Thanks Kirin Hobby!

Glaug is assembled and undercoated, hurrah! Man it's tough to find time for modelling these days, but it's still a lotta fun.

Petar, if you're reading, are you entering the Comanche?

And Berttt have you booked a seat yet?

WTF.....what the hell is this Sh#t, yeah hahaha, the first part may be a little funny but not much!.........But what the hell does "BUT PRETTY TINY SADLY" have to do with anything? This is an item supplied by a sponsor to the attendees for FREE and what does your opinion have to do with anything and is it even relevant? I'm sure there is a thread here about Revoltechs so go tell some there who cares that you think they're small.

To Kirin Hobby we thank you very much for the Revoltechs you have so graciously provided for us, we are sorry that someone couldn't refrain from posting a stupid opinion which is not relevant to any part of our convention and who is not even an attendee.

So to anybody, sure post what you think as long as it's to help the con, if you have an opinion like the above stupid statement then please we ask keep it to yourself as it doesn't help anyone or further our cause.

lol bit of fire tonight! love it love it, that's what we need, members here showing diehard support for the cause! :D Macross in Aus! :D

But yeah Hikuro, i know your being lighthearted, just some others around this forum and new guys like macross1979 who is a good dude but forgot to say

he's a yanky and of course it will be out of his price range, we just don't think about the effort it takes to make a non-profit con like

mac aus con work, and negative feedback kills off the important whiffs of interest, especially with a 2300 overhead smack bang from the start. lol

Plus these Revoltechs aren't cheap for the un-informed! :p 30 aussie buckaroos if you take in account the conversion and shipping.

Thanks so much Kirin Hobby for your effort!!! ^________^

The amount of professionalism punched into this convention is enormous, and although we are young and eager and have room for improvment in the future,

we are making sure everything possible is done to make this a truly magnificat event and rare occasion for fans!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I'm getting ready, about to frantically start painting now. Are we ready to send money yet? Happy to pay upfront.

Still tossing up whether I will fly or drive up. Probably be only for the Saturday, but still not sure at this stage.

I'm getting ready, about to frantically start painting now. Are we ready to send money yet? Happy to pay upfront.

Still tossing up whether I will fly or drive up. Probably be only for the Saturday, but still not sure at this stage.

Payment arrangements are being made now, so we will be taling payments I would say next week. I beleave payments will be made direct to the Regent so we'll keep everybody posted.

Since someone's answering questions (thank you Warpaint!) - any ideas what time the screening starts on Saturday?

And when is the model comp, roughly? I'm now booked in for Sunday, but just have to work out round abouts what time I will be leaving to jump on a plane.

Thanks and regards, Petar