MAC AUS CON 09' - BRISBANE! '.. it's official!&#39

Yeah sadly I'm in the states, there's no one in 2 months I could even get to Australia with money and all and that I've only been working my new job for just under 2 months so I don't think they'd be to hip on me taking off for even a couple of days. Though they know about this as I've told 'em I'm gonna be on a movie theater screen :p technically it's true!

Global, the guy who did it, I can't remember his real name I just call him Chrono, I told him I wanted it as Russian, something that's familiar to the fans of Robotech so they wouldn't feel so offended because I think Gloval (but I changed it back to Global) was Italian. But yes, I made him out to be russian and it worked out fine, and you get to hear a great deal of it during the second half of the film.

Yeah sadly I'm in the states, there's no one in 2 months I could even get to Australia with money and all and that I've only been working my new job for just under 2 months so I don't think they'd be to hip on me taking off for even a couple of days. Though they know about this as I've told 'em I'm gonna be on a movie theater screen :p technically it's true!

Global, the guy who did it, I can't remember his real name I just call him Chrono, I told him I wanted it as Russian, something that's familiar to the fans of Robotech so they wouldn't feel so offended because I think Gloval (but I changed it back to Global) was Italian. But yes, I made him out to be russian and it worked out fine, and you get to hear a great deal of it during the second half of the film.

haha yeh i really dig the russian accent mate (wonder why :p ), great job! Yeah only 2 months in a job is pretty much a no go for a week holiday :p

We'll be taking the video cam along mate, i think it was Cowie who was going to be our video man, so there will be a ood show for you aknd the VA team! ^_~

I'm really happy this is possible getting it on the big screen for everyone!

Another interesting thought, is that Me and gtmishima got talking to the cool projectionist and he's going to see if we can get the main dud from the film festival

along to the con, i don't have enough info but i believ it's a foreign film festival (including anime).. who knows where this could lead to.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Had time to drop into the Backpackers place and they said a group booking would be 30 bucks or around that a head.

I know, backpackers bleh! So hopefully i won't be flat out next week an i can ask around other places too. :D

Looks like we got anoter positive booking, that takes it to a possible 3 Seats left count!

random idea: output the PSP MF tournament to a larger display for everyone to watch.

Yeah!, could you imagine it on the big cinema screen lol

I don't think that will happen tho, rather have two goups hanging around everyone cheering the two pilots on lol.

Pretty cool though, the game lets you take on 4 max human PSP pilot/users.

I'm really starting to get into MAF now, i love it! It's super smooth, the fighter mode whilst not perfect like a flight sim, can be used to max use in dogfights,

i've yet to use batroid to full use yet, rather cycle between fighter and gerwak and fighter again. It's kick ass this game!

nice poster! Everything looks good!

Wait till you see the displays EXO mate! :D

You and NMB4M will surely have something extraordinary for this years MW con, and i can't wait to see!

NMB4M has been very quite lately with the 2 seater custom kits, so i can image pure brilliance will be in order!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Cowie is on the mac aus con board! Welcome Cowie mate!

Along with Shazzam, Kensei, gtmishima, Warpaint22 and myself the con's future looks very bright with true fans aboard!!!

Remember guys - a possible ONLY 3 seats left!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Neat, for a film festival that would be interesting to see how it would turn out, but the only thing that would get to me is the whole copyright issue...then again the copyright for the video is suppose to be in limbo so no one can really dub it, but distribution I think it owned by Bandai right now...I dunno it's weird.

Sort of one of those things to where I kind of feel like it being shown to like LOTS of people and film critics could come back and bite me in the ass. Although I'm saved by internet laws and I don't post my real name on anything, it probably wouldn't be difficult to ask around and find out who I am. FBI is good on crap like that. As long as people know it's a FAN production and it's in no way meant to be sold and marketed then I guess it's okay.

And with us the dvds are supplied by fans who have the best interest in spreading Macross fandom, and it is specifically a non-profit convention.

No one is making any money on this and we are only covering costs to get it up on the big screen, the true way to watch any legend anime, MACROSS!

:)

20090203d.jpg

MAC AUS CON 09’ >> M A C R O S S – A C E - F R O N T I E R – T O U R N E Y

Calling all pilots who are con-attendees’ on the Saturday 16th of MAY

Prizes will be awarded for the winnah and runner up!

Grande Finale will be winner takes all, Grand Prize will be revealed upon event.

macross_ace_frontier_logo_fx.jpg

efacwefwacef.jpg

nrwefnrn.jpg

wefwe.jpg

finalfight.jpg

dqwdff.jpg

PM / E-mail ruskiiVFaussie for your MAF tournament intentions!

Thanks for posting this Warpaint man!

Add in Animavericks should be out soon with March issue mag, maybe in a week or less.

Still have seats available.......................................................................

................................................................................

Is this con not the most f'n awesome thing to happen to Australian Macross Fans or mecha fans in general? 22 ppl... so hard *yawns*

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

UPDATE! Shirts are almost finished in design! Just waiting for Aikurisu to finish his masterpiece and all will be going in for print!

Should have prices and pre-order all set up in the next couple of weeks, enough time for print!

Only 7 or so weeks is it now? Not counting... lol getting close though. :lol:

ei guys,

i was thinking of having some SMS logo patches made ( and to be sold at the con). What colors do you prefer?

a. Yellow

b. Red

c. blue

d. green

so that I can estimate how many patches are to be made.

Cheers!

I'd love a red one!!! Got one of the Yellows, but a Red would be sweet to have to place on me shirt. How large would these be Johvic mate?

Matt where else are we advertising?

Besides the anime mag, we have a few places online, please check it and post to support if you guys have the time or care! :) -

ANN - Anime News Network (forum)

CosplayAUS

Animavericks forum

Brisbane Anime Club

and a few others...

I'll track down all the links during the week and post em up.

Besides the anime mag, we have a few places online, please check it and post to support if you guys have the time or care! :) -

CosplayAUS

Animavericks forum

Brisbane Anime Club

and a few others...

I asked for quotes for 3 inch wide of this image.

post-9336-1238316806_thumb.png

CosplayAUS

Animavericks forum

Brisbane Anime Club

and a few others...

Wow, that's very cool. Thanks for the hard work Matt

I asked for quotes for 3 inch wide of this image.

ahh looking forward to it man! Your badges will be a welcome bonus to all the exclusive con prezzies and mechandise in store for us!

Thanks Cowie! :) Please don't feel it should be solely my job to announce con details on other websites/blogs/forums, it's free 4 all, spread the love! spread the love! Mac Aus Con is Sexhy!

btw here's a linky - http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2...p=750480#750480 - ANN

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

ei guys,

i was thinking of having some SMS logo patches made ( and to be sold at the con). What colors do you prefer?

a. Yellow

b. Red

c. blue

d. green

so that I can estimate how many patches are to be made.

Cheers!

I'll be in for a yellow patch for sure! I missed out on ordering one from HLJ so this is a wecome suprise to have on the day. :)

Ok I cracked the box on my Glaug yesterday afternoon. Now, to keep my butt in gear to get this sucker finished in time.

Matt what were the rules for the custom scheme again pls? Built OOB or are mods allowed?

Mark

Mods are allowed for sure, full customs allowed ( can be just paint scheme or full mod to the model) and out of the box with just minor mods. All models will be able to be entered as long as they are your own work and not commisions.

Some Hotel info below :-

sohoactfast.jpg

Location to the Mall :-

SOHO.jpg

Due to the football home game ( Bronco's vs Titans), please make sure to book fast as these rooms will be snapped up as thier price is quite low compared to other locations close to the CBD.

MODELING CONTEST!!!! (THERE WILL BE TWO TYPES)

1st will be custom paint jobs! (the obvious one)

and 2nd will be custom model variable fighter! (which involves heavily modyfying an existing kit into something glorious!)

1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes will be given. PetarB, WARPAINT22 and Cowie are already noted as competitors in the comps!

This is going to be fantastic for all to see~! Violent Works of Art!

These competitions and kits involved only apply to kits done by the masters, no commisioned pieces will be accepted if your not the artist, alls fair!

LET ME KNOW VIA PM OR E-MAIL IF YOU WANT TO SUBMIT A DESTROID/NON-VARIABLE MECHA OK!

Some Hotel info below :-

Due to the football home game ( Bronco's vs Titans), please make sure to book fast as these rooms will be snapped up as thier price is quite low compared to other locations close to the CBD.

Thanks for that man! Yeah still heaps of places to book, just the ones near the CBD are getting hot, so unles you want to spend that extra 1 or2 bucks on a bus ride

book now! :D So close to the con! Exciting times!

Ok I cracked the box on my Glaug yesterday afternoon. Now, to keep my butt in gear to get this sucker finished in time.

Matt what were the rules for the custom scheme again pls? Built OOB or are mods allowed?

Mark

Mods are allowed Mark man!! In fact that qualifies for 2 in one competitions, you can have custom paint job and custom mod entries with that mate! :D

So cool to have an enemy mech being submitted in this years con modelling tourneys!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Important Updates for 1st week April, getting close to the con! -

S I L V E R _ D R A G O N has made up some great recasts that members who are already going to the con (like myself) have bought and will display them on the day!

Aikurisu is applying some more finishing touches to his macross girl who we will be placing on our con t-shirt!

PRE-ORDERS WILL BE UP IN A WEEK AND A HALF!

Please support Mac Aus Con 09' by purchasing one of these awesome shirts! Pics should be up before the pre-orders so stay tuned every weekend please!

Also time for you guys that haven't re-confirmed your seats to get in here and say yay ok? Please respect the good people who have put all their heart into this con!

For People brining a heap of stuff for display along to the con (Shazzam?) there is a place you can park up behind the Regent an offload yer stuff there and then after park

her up where you can, just not at the back of the Regent (not enough room). :D Warpaint22 have requested this info and Ben (Burns) says that's totally cool.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Oi! Another bloke is coming! Kensei is brining a mate (dan?) along! So now i've updated the seating arrangement :p

Looks like the cool seats up the back are getting taken!

gallery_3118_280_328-19.jpg

Glad your coming Dan man!! make an account! :D

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Hey fellas, its Nightbringer here from RT.com ,just made an account here.

Yeah i would love to come,first time in aus it would be an honour to participate in. just hoping with work and all i can get the weekend off for it i should be able too (Airport work) but i cant make any promises unfortunately,ill give a heads up anyway,i might miss out on the movie marathon tho if im too late.

is there another from townsville here?!? Oh emm gee, maybe the next con can be here :p we need something one day lol.

My friends, it is with deepregret that I must bow out of this. I wasnt sure until today but it has been confirmed. my wifes cousins wedding is in May as well 9The week after macrosscon) in Melbourne; Unfortunately we can't afford forme to go to brissy and then both of us to go to Melbourne a week later (which Im told is for several days).

matt u have done an amazing job of bringing this all together, and if someone PM's me a mobile bnumber Ill try and call over on the Sunday so i can see how it's fgoing. i hope it can all happen again next year so I can make it then.

Sorry guys

Craig

My friends, it is with deepregret that I must bow out of this. I wasnt sure until today but it has been confirmed. my wifes cousins wedding is in May as well 9The week after macrosscon) in Melbourne; Unfortunately we can't afford forme to go to brissy and then both of us to go to Melbourne a week later (which Im told is for several days).

matt u have done an amazing job of bringing this all together, and if someone PM's me a mobile bnumber Ill try and call over on the Sunday so i can see how it's fgoing. i hope it can all happen again next year so I can make it then.

Sorry guys

Craig

That's a real bummer! I know where you're coming from though.