MAC AUS CON 09' - BRISBANE! '.. it's official!&#39

More great news :-

mech_studios_sponsor_logo.jpg

I'm happy to announce that Meach Studios Australia will suppy all ticket holders with a momento to remember the FIRST Australian Macross Convention. This will be only for those who attend the movie marathon on the Saturdy so make sure you have your seat confirmed or you'll miss out.

Big Thanks to MSA!!!!!!!! :)

Edited by warpaint22

Firstly, where/when do I send my $107 ? Very keen to secure my seat!

Secondly, I will be offering some products from StudioStarforge as a prize of some sort, so I guess that makes me a sponsor.

logo.png

Ahh mate this is bloody brilliant news your gonna help sponsor the con!!!! THANKS HEAPS PETE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll update your sponsor banner on front page asap, and we should get Joseph when he has the time to update ya on our Mac Aus Con poster! ;)

Thanks again Pete, we are all the more kick ass with ya! Also your already got your seat reserved :p Goes without saying haha.

More great news :-

mech_studios_sponsor_logo.jpg

I'm happy to announce that Meach Studios Australia will suppy all ticket holders with a momento to remember the FIRST Australian Macross Convention. This will be only for those who attend the movie marathon on the Saturdy so make sure you have your seat confirmed or you'll miss out.

Big Thanks to MSA!!!!!!!! :)

aAhh sweet as!!! Mecha Studios Australia rule!!! Thanks you guys!!!!! These momentos sound to be awesome!!!

GO OUR SPONSORS!!!! :D

I'm working my way through getting the re-confirmed members, as far as i know BoganRobotLightning and Skullwun (our other RT reps as well as NEO don't forget!)

are coming for sure, and i have placed them on the seating arrangements, soooo -

gallery_3118_280_328-1.jpg

7 (pretty sure we got 2 more deffinites) more seats to go guys! Please Support Macross & Mac Aus Con 09!

Thanks to Bogan Robot Lightning (gotta see his tatts guys!!!) and a real top nice guy Skullwun!!!

>> COUNTDOWN - 7 MEMBERS T0 GO -- DON'T MISS OUT! SUPPORT MAC AUS CON 09'! <<

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Another update -

I will be calling a few hotels dotted around Brisbane in hope with giving them a sponsorship opportunity we could be getting a discount for rooms shared

which are as close as possible to the con, I'll be doing this during the week besies securing more sponsors. Yes... more sponsors.

What i'm really waiting for is our cosplay guru who has expessed interest in coming might have got in touch with our local cosplying possibles,

love so much for there to be a decent showing of cosplay talent, Macross is rich with extremely colourful characters to represent, come on cozplays!

The main prizes will be announced once i receive the info hopefully end of this month.

>> COUNTDOWN - 7 MEMBERS T0 GO -- DON'T MISS OUT! SUPPORT MAC AUS CON 09'! <<

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Gee its been awhile since i last had a look at this and having it in may could make it workable for me, i have money now! (sort of anyway) if i can convince the fiance to let me come across by myself then i could do this, if we can find out more about the hotel accomodation that would be good otherwise it'll be a backpackers place for me i think.

Defineately put me down as a maybe for this now i just have to check with the boss about this.....wish me luck guys! :unsure:

Good luck bro!! I definitely feel your pain man...I had to do the same thing with my wife to allow me to attend Mac Aus Con 08 which basically consisted of me and Ruskii watching macross in his lounge room with pizza, aaaah yes, of course this years con budget and atmosphere is literally going to be 100 times better than last years gathering due to attendees and sponsors.

Gee its been awhile since i last had a look at this and having it in may could make it workable for me, i have money now! (sort of anyway) if i can convince the fiance to let me come across by myself then i could do this, if we can find out more about the hotel accomodation that would be good otherwise it'll be a backpackers place for me i think.

Defineately put me down as a maybe for this now i just have to check with the boss about this.....wish me luck guys! :unsure:

The whole MAC CON is shaping up to be awesome with the sponsors and prizes. Poster looks great too. :)

I was wondering if any thought was given to having a preview/trailer for the MAC CON?

I am not sure about any Legal/Copyright issues, but I was thinking about how, when you are waiting in the lobby before been allowed in to the cinema, there are screen(s) showing previews of movies 'now showing' and 'coming up'. I thought it would be cool to have a "Macross Trailer" being shown along side the other movies leading up too and during the MAC CON. :D

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it on Sunday. Is the modelling contest/display on Saturday, Sunday or both please?

All main competitions will be held on the Saturday, in between viewings, EXCLUSIVE TO MAC AUS CON MEMBERS, who have reserved their seats.

There will still be macross ace frontier psp battles (about 3 or 5) depending on how many pilots we will have, But there will be a finale of soughts on the Sunday.

:)

There will still be macross ace frontier psp battles (about 3 or 5) depending on how many pilots we will have, But there will be a finale of soughts on the Sunday.

Oh! We are so stealing that idea for our Con!

Oh! We are so stealing that idea for our Con!

lol cool, it's gotta be a hot option! ;D , hope you get a better pilot round up than us! Aussies are slack! Looks like it's just me and ..... ,

but that's ok, just like in the series, Hik and Max at the arcade!

Because of the few people down under that actually have the game, LET ALONE A PSP LOL, the comp will have to be reduced to a best out of 5.

But that's only the first comp, the 2nd will be a winner takes all VS battle Grande Finale. the ultimate prize is f'n awesome.

Come on pussies! Who's game enough to take me and ...... on???? PM me for registration.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

The whole MAC CON is shaping up to be awesome with the sponsors and prizes. Poster looks great too. :)

I was wondering if any thought was given to having a preview/trailer for the MAC CON?

I am not sure about any Legal/Copyright issues, but I was thinking about how, when you are waiting in the lobby before been allowed in to the cinema, there are screen(s) showing previews of movies 'now showing' and 'coming up'. I thought it would be cool to have a "Macross Trailer" being shown along side the other movies leading up too and during the MAC CON. :D

Ralto mate!!! There IS something special planned actually! gtmishima has done ALL the legwork in this regard,

he will be letting us know exactly what this super suprise will be, stay tuned!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Good luck mate!!! I'm jotting you down on the seating arrangement, i'll place you in the coolest seat available, if you have a preference i can change it. ^_~

Your missus will let ya! Just gotta pour on some sweet sweet honey, and your dead set coming to the con Bluemaxx mate!

Remember prizes and free giveaways are worth everyone's time and excitment, our sponsors are making sure this will be ultimate Macross heaven! The 12 hour cinema marathon was just the start.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

All main competitions will be held on the Saturday, in between viewings, EXCLUSIVE TO MAC AUS CON MEMBERS, who have reserved their seats.

Thanks for posting all this stuff while i'm away and busy Warpaint22 man! You are an integral member of Mac Aus Con and you should give yourself a good pat on the back.

I've put some more thought into the PSP battles, main thing i need to do is figure out how long between intervals of the marathon we'll have for the best out of 5.

This will all be figured out on Friday's con board meeting. So looking forward to that!

The PSP MF finale will be at the end of it all. END GAME mua hahhah

ALSO guys i've printed out a heap of the posters (1st page, Sonics masterpiece) all in A4, and even dd a few in A3, highest resolution and quality!

I'll post some pics later.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Alright! BERTTTs COMING TO THE CON EVERYONE!! Awesome news!!! Thanks Berttt man! I'm doing up the seating arrangement now and will update the main page. :D

Just getting to all the PM's now haha, stupid office comp has a block on MWorld, like none of you wouldn't have guessed already. ;) lol

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

you guys are going to love this, my missuses just quit her job today so now the trip is in question *again* <_<

keep me on the list hopefully we can get her another job soon and hopefully when she does get one i can remind her of how supportive i was during her searches and i'll be able to get there ^_^

Good seat too ruskii, me like just how no one short is behind me as i am a pretty tall bloke (6'3") B))

Ralto mate!!! There IS something special planned actually! gtmishima has done ALL the legwork in this regard,

Sounds awesome, can't wait to see it. :D

If it's what I think it is, haha, or am I just getting a swelled head? I think this is a very cool thing to have a convention specifically on Macross, and I wish I could come by and see it all happen. I've told some specific people about what's going on and they seem very excited over it.

Ha ha, it’s exactly what you think it is Hikuro :), I am in the process of finalising the downloads from the links you provided to me and thought I had better make sure everything all worked before I made it all official but there is no point in obstructing greatness.

It is with great pleasure that I announce that Do You Remember Love (DYRL) English fandub including rare PS2 prequel footage will be an exclusive premiere amongst the card of Macross films scheduled for Saturday’s Macross Movie Marathon. I would like to give a huge shoutout to Hikuro who has allowed us to showcase his vision of a true adaption of DYRL in english. The effort that Hikuro and his band of talented voice actors have put in to this production is incredible and must be seen on the big screen to fully appreciate. As a Macross fan I can not think of a better way to support an event like this by showcasing a production that has been made by fans for the fans. For those that can not wait or can not make it to the convention in May I have attached the link below to get your hands on this masterpiece.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=24926

In the meantime, I would like to extend a huge thank you to Hikuro and his team on behalf of myself and the Mac Aus Con board and look forward to screening your current and future work at many more cons to come.

If it's what I think it is, haha, or am I just getting a swelled head? I think this is a very cool thing to have a convention specifically on Macross, and I wish I could come by and see it all happen. I've told some specific people about what's going on and they seem very excited over it.

Ha ha, it’s exactly what you think it is Hikuro :), I am in the process of finalising the downloads from the links you provided to me and thought I had better make sure everything all worked before I made it all official but there is no point in obstructing greatness.

It is with great pleasure that I announce that Do You Remember Love (DYRL) English fandub including rare PS2 prequel footage will be an exclusive premiere amongst the card of Macross films scheduled for Saturday’s Macross Movie Marathon. I would like to give a huge shoutout to Hikuro who has allowed us to showcase his vision of a true adaption of DYRL in english. The effort that Hikuro and his band of talented voice actors have put in to this production is incredible and must be seen on the big screen to fully appreciate. As a Macross fan I can not think of a better way to support an event like this by showcasing a production that has been made by fans for the fans. For those that can not wait or can not make it to the convention in May I have attached the link below to get your hands on this masterpiece.

In the meantime, I would like to extend a huge thank you to Hikuro and his team on behalf of myself and the Mac Aus Con board and look forward to screening your current and future work at many more cons to come.

This is great news, I can't wait for this it's going to be an awesome movie marathon. :) Sorry for missing the meeting fellow board members on Friday, just couldn't get away. Looking forward to the reports of how it all went.

you guys are going to love this, my missuses just quit her job today so now the trip is in question *again* <_<

keep me on the list hopefully we can get her another job soon and hopefully when she does get one i can remind her of how supportive i was during her searches and i'll be able to get there ^_^

Good seat too ruskii, me like just how no one short is behind me as i am a pretty tall bloke (6'3") B))

hahaha no worries mate :D I'm sure everything will work itself out, and you'll be able to scavenge enough to make up the 107 ticket :p

Keep the options open man! We want you there!

haha i got a sample on the Friday! :DMATE~! what an awesome job!!! Also YOU VA's have done a super job, i think Hikaru, Misa and Minmay are perfect,

considerring their proposed age, the younger voices really fit perfectly, great job guys!!! I haven't seen much though, and i'm glad coz i want to save it for the night!

Global sounds so cool! russian right? ;) I don't know the facts, is he russian or german officially??

I am thinking we should save it for last, after the oiginal jap language (with subtitles) movies and OVAs, which will be great for everyone to look forward to on the night! :)

Because i still have the poll options up my sleeve, i will add that to a poll question.

So whats everyone think about this idea? Probably have it straight after Mac II (no sign of the Frontier movie yet to make it on time?) and before some Mac Frontier epis

or the anniversary special dvds.

Hikuro we'd love for you to come true fan that you are!

aren't you in the states though?? We are so far down under the rest of the world which makes it hard to get you guys down.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Greatness indeed!

gtmishima mate, it was awesome to see ya on the weekend! Your doing a heap of leg work with getting Hikuro's beautiful dub shown on the day an it's all paying off!