Macross Toys in Hong Kong

jedimech

Hi Guys, i am going to Hong Kong during Christmas period. Like to check with you guys if there are any of the below Macross figures available in the shops there and if have how much they cost (estimate).

- Yamato 1/60 YF-19

- Yamato 1/60 YF-21

- Yamato 1/48 VF-1S (Hikaru DYRL)

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!!

Hi Jedimech,

I just came back from HK last wk. Due to time constraint I only shopped around Mong Kok area.

For YF-19 aniversary version & YF-21 you can find them at the CTMA Centre basement (Yau Ma Tei station exit A2; about 10min walk away at Sai Yeung Choi St South) Price for the former is HK$1050. I didn't take note of the price for the latter. I couldn't find the normal version of YF-19- the object of my hunt :(

You can then go opposite the street from CTMA to check out a shop called Animate in Grandcastle Commercial Building (2nd floor) I saw 1/60 Yamato VF-1s there but did not take note of the variant

This website http://www.centamap.com will help you search for the addresses

There used be a shop on the 2nd floor of Richmond Commerical Building (Argyle St; Mong Kok Station exit D2) that sells Yamato toys. Sadly it has closed down. But on 3rd floor (IIRC) there is a shop that sells Macross models and other paraphenalia

I had some old notes for shopping on Hong Kong Island. If you pm me your email address I'll be glad to email them to you

Good luck and good shopping!

i would suggest checking out a plaza near MK called In's point(within a 5 mins walk from CTMA mentioned above). a store in there has pretty much all the yamato macross fighters, with reasonable price as well. the store is located on the first floor, its next to a used CD store with tons of simpsons stuff in there....

• 2 weeks later...

As I just posted in the DX VF-25 thread, Animate which has branches in Mong Kok and Causeway Bay still have both the VF-25S and VF-25F and are selling them for HK$1,480 each, which is about US$190 each!

Apart from Animate, Toymania in the Wanchai Oriental 188 center still has both DX toys, but he was selling them as a set only and the price was also very high.

Yesterday, I also saw a few peices in stock in Richmond Center in Mong Kok, but I didn't check the price.

New stock is supposed to be arriving by sea next week, so the price might drop then.

Graham

I think typically they are selling at HK$1,280 each (around US$165) - as a side note, Animate used to be over-price - and on first day places sold them at HK$8XX.

So we all expect the price would be down to HK$9XX quite quickly when the sea shipment arrives.

As I just posted in the DX VF-25 thread, Animate which has branches in Mong Kok and Causeway Bay still have both the VF-25S and VF-25F and are selling them for HK$1,480 each, which is about US$190 each!

Apart from Animate, Toymania in the Wanchai Oriental 188 center still has both DX toys, but he was selling them as a set only and the price was also very high.

Yesterday, I also saw a few peices in stock in Richmond Center in Mong Kok, but I didn't check the price.

New stock is supposed to be arriving by sea next week, so the price might drop then.

Graham

Hi Guys,

Just came back from HK. Only managed to go to CTMA, Sino Centre & Richmond Centre. Did not make it to In's Point.

Is there a lot of yamato macross toys in the In's Point?

There's a shop in In's Point that carries over a dozen models of Yamato Macross toys.

How much did you pay for one of your DXs? because I'm going to HK on wednesday :D

Hi Tsuchiro, when i was there, i managed to get hold of the last remaining pair of DX toys.

2 days later, when i went shopping for Macross again, could not see any sight of the VF-25S (Ozma's). The remaining Alto's are all selling at around HK$1280 to HK$1350. Went to the Animate shop opposite CTMA and they only have Altos stock too. Ozma was pratically sold out. All these events are from 28 Dec to 31 Dec.

Wish you good luck in finding a pair of the VF's and at a reasonable price!!

Cheers!!

• 8 years later...

Hi there everyone.

Sorry for reviving this old thread but I'm about to travel to HK next week, I was hoping to get something while  i'm there, thinking it might be similar to tokyo in terms of availability and diversity toys-wise, but after doing some research around the webs for some of the shops mentioned here and the ¨when in Asia¨ thread there seems to be a shortage of Macross toys all around. I was hoping to finally get a macross toy since the last one I've bought was the old 1st gen yamato 1/60 VF-1J. I've been searching on youtube too, looking for other people's experience but the videos are either too old or do not feature macross at all (barely any gundam, and the rest were lego stuff or marvel/dc toys)

The only stuff i've been able to find online around HK were these

http://www.locushk.com/?p=1&s=a4e43ddd2397bf42dc9034d5e251ac98&act=search&lang=en&favorite=macross&submit.x=0&submit.y=0

https://hk.shop.yahoo.com/shop/12098?pageIndex=1&customCategory=22198140

I was hoping to save me the shipping cost since, as many around here, I live extremely far away from japan, I thought I would AT LEAST find some recent Delta stuff but not even HLJ sells much of that anymore.

This thread is REALLY old but I was wondering if anyone had any more recent experience around these shops or HK area in general. I'll be staying for only a couple of days so shipping from japan (NY or HLJ) won't be much of an option either.

If you have any tips I would appreciate it, thanks in advance.

Edited by Aegis!

The usual locations should still have Macross items:

In's Point https://goo.gl/maps/c5uMqvLhrJQ2

CTMA Centre https://goo.gl/maps/hgHX246Ma9R2

Sino Centre https://goo.gl/maps/UXfBs4uCnas

Check the building directory for each, I recall seeing anime/toy/hobby stores hidden in the upper floors of one or more of those buildings.

Graham should have more info as he's Hong Kong-based.