Custom 1/60 GPB Armor for 1/60 VF-1S/A/J V2

to177

Couldn't resist and I brought the new 1/60 VF-1J Superpack last week. It arrives yesterday and as I was comparing the toy, I noticed the fast pack have some similar characteristic to the old 1/60 GPB armor set. So with a little motivation and determination, I was hacking away at the armor set to make it fit the new 1/60 line.

Took me 1 full day to do this mod and tools used are a dremel tool, #194 high speed cutter tip, 1/4 sand drum tip and xactor knife.

Some parts on the old armor that required no modification are the booster pack and the shoulders parts only.

Here are some pics of the armor on the new toy.

006.jpg

007.jpg

009.jpg

Thanks for the compliments everyone.

That armor looks really good on the V2! I can see retailers around the world fishing the armor parts out of their bargain bins...

If they ever released the GBP for V2, don't be surprise if they reused the old mold with some slight modification.

AWESOME!!!!!!!!! hehehe, pretty neat that the old GPB armor fits, great idea and the Q-Rau looks so freaking great, where you get the decals for it'?

Created in Illustrator and printed on some transparency decals papers.

I have to admit that I cannot believe how good the GBP looks on the ver2 1/6- with the better proportions and hands... I almost regret ditching mine for cheap a while back. Your Q-rau repaint is also awesome.... I cannot believe Yamato didn't bother to release something similar...

The GBP looks great on the new 1/60. I especially like the way the leg armor fits better, shows more of the feet and looks a lot better. Yamato would be crazy not to modify and rerelease that armor.

Your Q-Rau is shiny-sweet too! You are definitely doing some good work on the customs!

I think you guys nailed it on the armor, it's defintely the proportion that makes V2 looks good.

If Yamato do make Q-Rau TV style, I think it will be quite impressive. It's one of my fav ememy mecha. Here's my very first Rau custom and you can see how I gradually upgraded to a ver2. LOL

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...m&album=161

Well that proves to Yamato that there is a way to do it for cheap using the old molds. Therefore they can do it cheap and sell it high to maximize profit.

Great work though. At least everyone can mod the V1 armor to fit the V2. Great TV Rau by the way it looks factory.

It looks great but someone needs to explain to me what the problem is with the armor in the first place. Was there a mold change or something by Yamato?

You're kiddin right? You know that the mold with the 1/60 v2 released this year is significantly different to what Yamato offered in the first 1/60 VF-1 line before the first 1/48s?

Edited by kensei

You're kiddin right? You know that the mold with the 1/60 v2 released this year is significantly different to what Yamato offered in the first 1/60 VF-1 line before the first 1/48s?

Yes it has more akin with the 1/48 than the old 1/60.