Custom Yamato 1/60 SV-51

Dobber

Hi evryone. Some of you may remember my custom Hasegawa 1/72 SV-51 in the Flanker splinter camo/ US Navy NSAWC scheme, which can be seen here about halfway down the page:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...-51&st=1340

Well, I decided to do the same to my Yamato Ivanov. Here are some quick picks I took just before I left for work today. It's still not done, but I wanted to show some pictures of her since she's nearly complete. Hope you like.

Chris

post-265-1229540063_thumb.jpg

post-265-1229540087_thumb.jpg

post-265-1229540107_thumb.jpg

post-265-1229540134_thumb.jpg

post-265-1229540155_thumb.jpg

Would I be wrong to say that you did that using an Alpha production type CF? :)

It looks fantastic! I remember your earlier work and this is up to par. Dag... Yamato...make that :)

Pete

He said in his post that it was his Ivanov.

So...if I buy an Ivanov, how much would you charge to paint it like that? :lol:

-Kyp

here comes the master :rolleyes:

the paint job is fatastic !!! I want one !!!

the sv-51 is well design and does not fear custom paint for its transformation !!!

I might get an airbrush for christmas so I will have to copy the scheme again but with the right colors

Dobber : what are your colors ref ??? :p

I just love it :wub:

Edited by Ghostkiller

Whoa thats awesome. But wouldnt you save some money buying the CF version to paint it?

I like this paint scheme better than any of the official SV-51 schemes, which is probably the main reason why I've held back from buying it. If they sold this, I'd gladly pay.

Btw, doesnt this belong in the Modification forums?

Edited by Cent

Hey thanks guys for the kind words. let me see if I can answer some questions.

yes this was my Ivanov, like Ghostkiller said, just take some parts off mask some others and gulp...spray! LOL

This, like the 1/72, was hand painted. The only sparying I did was the primer (I used Tamiya Grey Surface primmer, since it's made for platsics and metals) and then the base coat of Testors Model Master Light Ghost Grey. Since the 1/60 has so many irregular surfaces I desided to free hand all the blues without masking. One of the things I still need to do is sharpen a few edges on the camo. ;)

Ghostkiller, thanks again BTW, for getting me to finally do this. My colors are:

Base coat of Testors MM light ghost grey, the light blue is Testors Flanker Medium Blue, next darkest blue is Testors MM US Navy Blue Grey, and then the darkest blue is Testors MM Intermediate Blue. Oh yeah, the heat sheild is testors MM Gunmetal. If you need them I can get you the FS numbers later.

Durability is pretty good just a few areas that seem to rub off alittle are mainly the wing root hinge. I plan on putting on Anti-UN markings. I don't think there are any decals available so I'll see how the stickers that came with the toy will look. If they don't look good I'll probably just paint on the major markings like the Anti-Un crosses and such. More pictures to come...including Battroid! Just want to get some of the detailing done to really make it POP! :D

Thanks again everyone.

Chris

P.S. If some of you were serious, I MAY....MAY....be willing to do a few of these as commisions for you guys if time permits, but I'd have to see how things are after christmas. At any rate I'm very flattered and honored and want to say thnak you.

Edited by Dobber

P.S. If some of you were serious MAY....MAY....be willing to do a few of these as commisions for you guys if time permits, but I'd have to see how things are after christmas. At any rate I'm very flattered and honored and want to say thnak you.

:D :D :D :D

Put me down on a "let know" list! Now that the SV-51s are on sale it'd be a perfect time to make this happen :D

Vostok 7

Fantastic!! :D Now if Yamato would only release your scheme already! :( DIdn't Graham give them your pics of the Dobber scheme?

Wonder how far they got in deciding on wether or not to release it. :) I won't be getting a CF or Ivanov, but i'd sure get a Dobber scheme!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Count me in for the buyers list too. There's no difference if you do it on a CF or an Ivanov/Nora right? Other than that Ivanovs tend to have more mechanical issues? XD

- Holy crap, you're right. The SV-51s are 40% off o_o.

Edited by Cent

This, like the 1/72, was hand painted. The only sparying I did was the primer (I used Tamiya Grey Surface primmer, since it's made for platsics and metals) and then the base coat of Testors Model Master Light Ghost Grey. Since the 1/60 has so many irregular surfaces I desided to free hand all the blues without masking. One of the things I still need to do is sharpen a few edges on the camo. ;)

(Emphasis added by me. ;) )

That is SICK!! Doing this whole camo-scheme free handed is one hell of an accomplishment.

I bow down to the sheer awesomeness that is the hand-painted Dobber scheme. ;)

Hey, sorry for taking so long, Ive been sick and then my daughter got sick so I haven't worked on the 51 again yet. However, I know people have been wanting to see pictures of Battroid mode so I took some quick shots again in various light settings. I plan to work again on it over Christmas since I'll be on vacation!! I still need to detail things in Batt. mode such as the face and various other details. I also have to paint the VTOL box and the outside of the stabs(I only have the fist stage blue on them at this point), paint the black bands that are near the front of the intakes, and then seal it. Also need to paint the weapon pods. I'm not used to making Batt mode poses, so if anyone has any suggestions feel free to let me know and I'll take a picture to show off :p

Chris

post-265-1229971279_thumb.jpg

post-265-1229971318_thumb.jpg

post-265-1229971374_thumb.jpg

post-265-1229971433_thumb.jpg

post-265-1229972042_thumb.jpg

post-265-1229972300_thumb.jpg

post-265-1229972328_thumb.jpg

post-265-1229972365_thumb.jpg

post-265-1229972385_thumb.jpg

post-265-1229972414_thumb.jpg

post-265-1229972430_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dobber

New pictures of SV-51 Dobber!!!

You made my day Dobber :)

P.S.: Horizontal shoulder pads in battroid mode will be better while photographing

Some action shots on 1/60 Base with articulated legs and arms can help you in order to show off :)

For reference: Swoosh's poses are awesome

This is my classic "Perfect Pose":

IMG_6490a.jpg

Another "Perfect Pose":

DSCF2411_s.jpg

Just pick one, both are perfect:

DSCF2422_s_001.jpg

Edited by charger69

• 2 weeks later...

Ok it's finally done. I gave it a very sublte weathering job but not any markings besides the Anti UN crosses....the yamato stickers are just too thick and the markings are so small. Maybe one day some one will make after market stickers or decals. I've also been practicing poses for you all as well so here you go. First up fighter mode.

Chris

post-265-1231011230_thumb.jpg

post-265-1231011250_thumb.jpg

post-265-1231011269_thumb.jpg

post-265-1231011314_thumb.jpg

post-265-1231011333_thumb.jpg

post-265-1231011362_thumb.jpg

post-265-1231011388_thumb.jpg

post-265-1231011410_thumb.jpg

post-265-1231011436_thumb.jpg

post-265-1231011460_thumb.jpg

post-265-1231011483_thumb.jpg