Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.3

Graham

Scans from March Hobby Japan & Dengeki Hobby attached. First pics of open missile hatches on Super Packs & CG pics of Ghost & Fold Booster from Gallia IV sets.

Thanks for the scans.

The missiles on the DX super pack look pretty pathetic compared to the Plamo, but then again so does most of the DX. People thought the legs/engine nacelles were placed low to make space for the super pack but even with the super pack on, they still sit low.

The stand looks half decent but it doesn't look articulated at all. Once again the plamo wins, the plamo SMS action base display stand's got this one beat.

I must say though, that the stock pic of the Super VF-25G in posed battroid mode looks really flattering. Probably the best I've seen any of the DX VF-25 figures.

Edited by IXTL

I must say though, that the stock pic of the Super VF-25G in posed battroid mode looks really flattering. Probably the best I've seen any of the DX VF-25 figures.

i 2nd that! if i will get a 25G it'll stay in that pose indefinitely...

Edited by m0n5t3r

Scans from March Hobby Japan & Dengeki Hobby attached. First pics of open missile hatches on Super Packs & CG pics of Ghost & Fold Booster from Gallia IV sets.

Thanks for the scans, Graham! Any further information about how the Gallia IV sets can be ordered? Will Overdrive help us order if we have ordered the Luca and Michael?

On a related note, I've stumbled upon how to lock the neck into position in Battroid mode-- once you have transformed the DX, with your forefinger on the top of the back plate and your thumb on the base of the cockpit, push down. There should be a slight click and your neck will be locked into position. I haven't got my VF-25S yet so I'm not sure whether this will make the neck look nicer, but those with a VF-25S can try-- from the angle of the neckpiece on my Alto, I think it will improve the looks of the Ozma! Will take pics once I get my camera.

So the low set legs in fighter weren't for the fast packs: LAME. And even with the fastpacks they still sit low: LAME.

Chunkymonkey for the new millenium, or Yamato 2000-era, both are good descriptions.

So the low set legs in fighter weren't for the fast packs: LAME. And even with the fastpacks they still sit low: LAME.

Chunkymonkey for the new millenium, or Yamato 2000-era, both are good descriptions.

I must say, the more I play with the DX, the more I like it--I don't really handle my Yamatos because they are too fiddly--they don't lock together solidly and parts that are held together by tabs sometimes fall apart once I touch it or pick it up. Every transformation is also a gamble because it is always a pain trying to get everything to fit back properly again. So the Yamatos end up as display pieces. With the DX, on the other hand, everything feels solid in both fighter and battroid-- I even found a way for the head/neck piece to lock in place in battroid, solving the last floppy part. Because everything locks together with a click, I don't have to worry about transformations. So it is much more fun to play with and transform. I guess it grows on you like the Chunky Monkeys-- the value of the DXs goes beyond accuracy or looks!

I am very disappointed by the low set legs though-- I was one of the first to propose that the legs without super packs were low to make space for the super pack armour, and am sad to see that I was wrong. I'm pinning my hopes now on the movie edition toys for greater accuracy without sacrificing durability! (A slim hope, I know)

Yeah... even with all the bits I hate about the DX, it's still way more fun than any Yamato valk I've had the 'pleasure' to own. With Chinese New Year just a day away, I've been busy cleaning out all my shelves and packing stuff away to make space for more deserving toys. So, the only yammie left on my Macross shelf is the Konig Monster! All the extra space means I can fit in Michel and Luca's jets in the coming months :-)

In fact, with the beating I've given to DX Alto I'm surprised it's still stable and fully poseable. Chances are I'll buy a second DX Alto when I have the chance... but waiting to see if local dealers managed to stock up on the Super Pack first.

once you have transformed the DX, with your forefinger on the top of the back plate and your thumb on the base of the cockpit, push down.

Hey, that works pretty good! :D Thanks! Alto has a much better neck now.

Does the RVF-25 come with more than one ghost, like the model kit? :3 Regardless, the fact that one is (hopefully) included is AWESOME! Can't wait for March.

Yeah... even with all the bits I hate about the DX, it's still way more fun than any Yamato valk I've had the 'pleasure' to own. With Chinese New Year just a day away, I've been busy cleaning out all my shelves and packing stuff away to make space for more deserving toys. So, the only yammie left on my Macross shelf is the Konig Monster! All the extra space means I can fit in Michel and Luca's jets in the coming months :-)

In fact, with the beating I've given to DX Alto I'm surprised it's still stable and fully poseable. Chances are I'll buy a second DX Alto when I have the chance... but waiting to see if local dealers managed to stock up on the Super Pack first.

Drifand: How can local dealers stock up on the Super pack if it is a web order exclusive? That would be good news if it were true! Any idea where it will show up? CSC? Sunshine Plaza?

Protostar8: I don't know about you, but to me the bulk of the Super Pack makes the exposed area of the fighter look slimmer and more true to the lineart, which is good in my book.

OmegaD3K: Do you have an DX Ozma you can try it on? I hope it works as well as it does on the Alto! No more fiddly shakey head! Once you lock it down the whole toy becomes as solid as any non-transformable humanoid toy, which is amazing in my book--an unexpected +1 for Bandai!

sh002: From what Graham has said so far, you need to cut out and mail in an order form for the Gallia IV sets (i.e. Ghost fighters or Soundbooster pack) which basically means no one outside of Japan can get it easily, which would suck big time if true. Why must Bandai make such exclusives when the demand for such items is so great?!!

i guess i might wait on getting the gallia IV set with ghost. my 1/72 ghosts with the rvf-25 model will have to do for now with my 1/72 collection when they come out .

so you get a fold booster with the Gallia IV set? cool, too bad the DX still look like ass. considering luca's model kit comes with the 3 ghosts, I wonder if Michels model will come with a fold booster included?

I had a lot of reservations getting the Alto and Ozma, but once they were in my possession, they do grow on me. I think Bandai did a decent (not great) job of making a "toy", and not a collectible close to lineart representation of it. I am used to my toys being more representative of lineart over being more of a "toy" to play with. However, if I keep that in my head that that is Bandai's goal, it makes the VF-25 line more acceptible. That's still not to say that I don't have issues, like the wongo Ozma head lasers. I will eventually try and fix those. Also the low leg position and gaps, but what to do now? Hopefully a re-release after the movie. I'm looking forward to the next two coming. And the supplemental Gallia IV set and Luca's ghost set look great so far.

i guess i might wait on getting the gallia IV set with ghost. my 1/72 ghosts with the rvf-25 model will have to do for now with my 1/72 collection when they come out .

I guess you could go with the movie versions then-- the Gallia IV sets are limited exclusives from all current information, and even harder to order than Alto/Ozma's Super packs.

I think somebody misunderstand the optional pack.

Now there are two optional set will sell Tamashii online store like Alto custom super pack for DX.

The website I told before already indicated

It said Tamashii sote will open pr order during 3/25 ~ 4/25

http://meteorstyle.nobody.jp/macross-f.html

Gallia IV set : 1/60 Ranka figure, Fold booster and sound booster.

Ghost set: only one Ghost in one set, and missle sets.

If somebody want to collect 3 ghosts. It means you need order 3 ghost sets.

It is not like model kit already including 3 ghosts in the package.

DX RVF-25 is only RVF-25 and super pack.

DX VF-25G is only VF-25G and super pack.

Edited by shinjizh

On a related note, I've stumbled upon how to lock the neck into position in Battroid mode-- once you have transformed the DX, with your forefinger on the top of the back plate and your thumb on the base of the cockpit, push down. There should be a slight click and your neck will be locked into position. I haven't got my VF-25S yet so I'm not sure whether this will make the neck look nicer, but those with a VF-25S can try--

Just tried your method & it works great. Stable & higher. Ozma's chin now actually doesn't touch the top of the chest plate for the first time. 2 pics attached

post-11-1232855228_thumb.jpg

post-11-1232855260_thumb.jpg

I think somebody misunderstand the optional pack.

Now there are two optional set will sell Tamashii online store like Alto custom super pack for DX.

The website I told before already indicated

It said Tamashii sote will open pr order during 3/25 ~ 4/25

http://meteorstyle.nobody.jp/macross-f.html

Gallia IV set : 1/60 Ranka figure, Fold booster and sound booster.

Ghost set: only one Ghost in one set, and missle sets.

If somebody want to collect 3 ghosts. It means you need order 3 ghost sets.

It is not like model kit already including 3 ghosts in the package.

DX RVF-25 is only RVF-25 and super pack.

DX VF-25G is only VF-25G and super pack.

Sweet, thanks! That's really good news! I guess that means that the Ozma Super pack pre-orders should open up next month then?

Graham: Thanks for your pictures! That Ozma looks good. Finally a non-destructive tweak that makes the neck on the VF-25S show up! Yep that's exactly it, Negotiator--I don't know how I missed that picture, I guess great minds think alike!

I'm currently hunting for "Bandai 1/60 DX Chogokin Macross Frontier VF-25F Messiah (Aruto)". Are there any bootleg version of this particular toy out there in the market ? And if you know any site with detail review pictures of the actual product that would be a great help too. Thank you

I'm currently hunting for "Bandai 1/60 DX Chogokin Macross Frontier VF-25F Messiah (Aruto)". Are there any bootleg version of this particular toy out there in the market ? And if you know any site with detail review pictures of the actual product that would be a great help too. Thank you

I sometimes get the impression that Bandai's 1/60 DX Chogokin Macross Frontier VF-25F Messiah (Aruto) is a Bootleg of its' self.

They probably have the super cool Soul of Chogokin quality sample locked up in their offices and sourced out the production of the DX to a bootleg company...

Pete

Dude, it just came out. Bootlegs will probably take longer :p For some reason Yamato doesn't seem to suffer from the bootleg problem though. Jenius has a great review site up, check it out at www.anymoon.com. Otherwise just google it, there are some korean and japanese review sites with alot more pictures.

Negotiator: Too bad there's no miracle fix for the legs in fighter mode :p

VFTF: I know you're being so negative to suppress your inner urges to get the DX, no matter the looks! ;) Don't worry, once you fix the model kit up it is so gorgeous that the urge to buy the DX will fade! It just didn't fade enough for me :( Come and join the chunky monkey side!

Seriously, with all the bad-mouthing about the proportions and inaccuracies about the DX, there actually are some areas where it is more accurate than the model kit! I noticed this during my Macross F marathon yesterday. Firstly, the way the bottom hinge of the gunpod opens up and slides back over the lower receiver. Second, the details on the 25F head like the diamond port just above the eyes, and the position of the crest (which is reversed on the 1/72 25F). Third, the side of the feet with respect to the lower legs (too big in the model kit). Finally, surprise surprise, although the details of the landing gears are wrong, the rear landing gear is actually at the correct relative height from the ground compared to the hangar scenes!

Unfortunately, the DX still requires some partsforming (the hip guns at least) for the attachment of the Super parts. Otherwise, this would be another major advantage of the DX over the 1/72 kit, which requires removal of many parts, especially in the legs, for the Super parts.

Edited by edwin3060

VFTF: I know you're being so negative to suppress your inner urges to get the DX, no matter the looks! ;) Don't worry, once you fix the model kit up it is so gorgeous that the urge to buy the DX will fade! It just didn't fade enough for me :( Come and join the chunky monkey side!

I agree! After I have my model made my urge for the DX ceased to a level that I can wait in peace for the price to go under US$100.

The models look THAT good. It doesn't take a veteran to make it look good either.

Scan from this month's Figure Oh! showing 3D designs for the super fold booster, missiles, reaction missiles and Ghost from the upcoming web shop exclusive sets for VF-25G and RVF-25. Thanks to Toyworld.com.hk for the scans.

Scan from this month's Figure Oh! showing 3D designs for the super fold booster, missiles, reaction missiles and Ghost from the upcoming web shop exclusive sets for VF-25G and RVF-25. Thanks to Toyworld.com.hk for the scans.

Sweet! Do the missiles come with the fold booster or are they a seperate set by themselves? How on earth do they attach to the DX toy?

Sweet! Do the missiles come with the fold booster or are they a seperate set by themselves?

The missiles come with the Ghost set for Luca's valk. The super fold booster set comes with speaker pods and 1/60 Ranka.

How on earth do they attach to the DX toy?

No clue. That is something I believe everyone is wondering about since there are no attachment points under the wings.

Edited by IXTL

The missiles come with the Ghost set for Luca's valk. The super fold booster set comes with speaker pods and 1/60 Ranka.

No clue. That is something I believe everyone is wondering about since there are no attachment points under the wings.

Any idea if the 1/60 Ranka is the dancing figure or a cockpit figure? Looks like I will be getting lots of missiles then ;)

Any idea if the 1/60 Ranka is the dancing figure or a cockpit figure?

The descriptions of the set so far have not mentioned this. I would guess dancing Ranka to recreate the Gallia IV concert. The DX pilots are already non-removable so I can't imagine Bandai making a removable passenger figure to squeeze in the cockpit.

Any idea if the 1/60 Ranka is the dancing figure or a cockpit figure? Looks like I will be getting lots of missiles then ;)

Probebly a standing/dancing figure. It would be really nice if bandai included an extra hand with an indentation that matched the shape of the base of the figure so it could be standing in VF's hand.

as for the missiles, maybe the RVF and 25G will have mounting points molded into the wings that aren't there on the ozma and alto valks. (more proof that the alto/ozma valks suck)