Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.3

Graham

I did something evil... I took the pilot from my VF-0S and put him in the cockpit of my VF-25F :rolleyes: It was a little tight but I managed to get him in there. Ofcourse I had to cut him up a bit to get him to fit. I'll repaint him in Alto's colors later. I just couldnt stand looking at that tiny pilot :blink:

OMG you killed Roy!

/Southpark

How much did you have to cut him up to fit? Is he missing arms/legs?

Those pics are rather old, but I haven't seen them at such a good resolution. Darn, Luca and Michel look MIGHTY fine. :]

Love those Gerwalk poses! Good to see something other than those "hip-thrust" poses.

Ozuma is a big fat PASS for me (unless they fix the neck, and release it as a super pack bundle with a cheaper price tag), but I might pick up one of those two above ^

Edited by OmegaD3k

Those pics are rather old, but I haven't seen them at such a good resolution! Darn, Luca and Michel look MIGHTY fine. :]

Love those Gerwalk poses! Good to see something other than those hip-thrust poses.

Yea I know they're not all new (non-super packed one and Gerwalk are new) because I was the one who posted the lo-res pics in this thread.

Those pics are rather old, but I haven't seen them at such a good resolution. Darn, Luca and Michel look MIGHTY fine. :]

Love those Gerwalk poses! Good to see something other than those "hip-thrust" poses.

Ozuma is a big fat PASS for me (unless they fix the neck, and release it as a super pack bundle with a cheaper price tag), but I might pick up one of those two above ^

A few pages back it was mentioned that the VF-25S had a collapsible neck. I know my Alto has one ( I thought he had no neck either). Maybe People aren't swinging their's up? Its on a ball joint (two actually) You sort of have to swing it forward, then there's another at the base of the neck assembly which gives it a couple of microns lol. Hard to explain. Fiddle with it. It's not a yamato, so it wont break lol

I lost my password to my photobucket. Is there another image hosting site I can use?

Tinypic.com

no passwords needed.

As to the pics a page back - with the 1/60 VF-1 ...hm. Well - just looking at it standing next to a Yamato valkyrie is unsettling. It just doesn't cut the mustard. In fact - you know - the only time it looked ok was in the pic somebody put up of it next to Yamato's 1/72 blue YF-19. It looks to basically be at THAT level. Something I would go "oh wow!" at if it were 1998 or so.

Dissapointed. Again.

Alto by himself looks moderately decent... but... geez...going really back and forth on these.

I just see myself getting the models instead - after all.

Pete

Thanks for the images! I would have liked bigger ones though, especially for gerwalk mode. Looking at the VF-25G, I just don't see how the rifle could fit under the fighter with those stubby landing gear-- which is kinda sad. I half suspect that the 1/72 had such massive landing gear to accommodate the sniper rifle for the 25G.

Pete: Go for the model kits.. you won't be disappointed. Assemble, sticker, panel-line and display. The toys will be for playing. That said, however, I've transformed my 1/72 25F about 10 times now and its no worse than when I first got it... so it should be fine even if you want to play with the model kit.

The VF-25G looks to be the best out of this DX line Bandai is producing and looks worth while for the price. Its blue, filled with tampo printing, big ass gun, has a neck works for me! I see Overdrive is already sold on it so pre-order fast before their gone! I wonder if the missile hatches open up. Any word on this? The model kits do, but what about the DX?

well, just got my Alto DX from HLJ ($153 US shipped to me). EMS took two days to ship from them to me (Ohio). Mail lady delivered it this morning at like 8am. Thankfully I was already awake, I had planned on sleeping in today.

I guess HLJ is late on charging, it hasn't shown up on my debit card yet.

For me, it's ok, I was debating getting the model and having someone build it for me (my skills suck), but overall I am happy with it. I'll probably never transform it. It's gonna sit next to my YF-19 Takatoys custom and YF-21 (both of which I have never transformed either).

dsc04815vx2.jpg

Now I just have to wait for my stand and super packs from Tokyo Hunter.

Alto's color scheme is really the only one I wanted from Frontier, so I'll take a break until Yamato starts releasing the 1/60 VF-1 v.2 variants I want.

Pete: Go for the model kits.. you won't be disappointed. Assemble, sticker, panel-line and display. The toys will be for playing. That said, however, I've transformed my 1/72 25F about 10 times now and its no worse than when I first got it... so it should be fine even if you want to play with the model kit.

That's it! I'm sick and tired of this stupid dilemna! It's ridiculous.

I'm just going to get both. Duh!

Pete

That's it! I'm sick and tired of this stupid dilemna! It's ridiculous.

I'm just going to get both. Duh!

Pete

That just lying, Pete-- You know you'll end up getting multiple copies of both ;)

Wicked Ace: Does everything on the DX model fit back perfectly when transforming from Battroid back to fighter? The 1/72 is pretty fiddly to get everything back in place, an unfortunate side effect of the tight joints--and the intake/hip guns just never fit properly for the VF-25F 1/72. Does the DX have the same problem or does everything snap into place?

That just lying, Pete-- You know you'll end up getting multiple copies of both ;)

Wicked Ace: Does everything on the DX model fit back perfectly when transforming from Battroid back to fighter? The 1/72 is pretty fiddly to get everything back in place, an unfortunate side effect of the tight joints--and the intake/hip guns just never fit properly for the VF-25F 1/72. Does the DX have the same problem or does everything snap into place?

Yes. The DX is a solid toy, or I would have posted breakage pics by now. :lol:

Yes. The DX is a solid toy, or I would have posted breakage pics by now. :lol:

Oh good stuff! The hip guns on my 1/72 VF-25F are a constant headache and a reason why I have to think twice before every transformation! It is practically impossible to make them fit properly.

NugundamII: Pre-orders for the VF-25F Alto Custom Super Pack have closed, and although it has been said that a VF-25S Ozuma Custom Super Pack will be released, no news of the actual release has come out yet. Needless to say, there is no news at all of the Armoured Pack for either Alto or Ozuma--I suspect further releases will be about the time of the movie ~ June 2009.

I guess HLJ is late on charging, it hasn't shown up on my debit card yet.

That's happened once in a while to me with HLJ. I was told that they do billing a couple of times during the month. So the charge might not show up until the end of the calendar month.

someone should post up a transformation video on youtube or something. do parts click when transforming it and does it have any ratchet joints like the original 1/55's? it looks like the plastic is the solid durable 1/55 type.

Hi guys. I'm a very long time lurker and this is my first post. I haven't seen any pics of someone doing panel lines on this, but I think it definately helps the toy "pop" out. I sprayed it with krylon matte finish, but don't think it's a good idea as it made all the plastic feel sticky. Went over the whole thing again with a cheap waterbase matte varnish with a brush and that solves the sticky problem.

post-10971-1232263229_thumb.jpg

post-10971-1232263261_thumb.jpg

post-10971-1232263269_thumb.jpg

Also more size comparisin pics. (i'm not done with the 0D).

post-10971-1232263308_thumb.jpg

post-10971-1232263298_thumb.jpg

post-10971-1232263316_thumb.jpg

Btw I just did the mod to the upper thighs (really high up there too). The grey knee piece

Doesn't bend forward as you'd think it would.

post-10971-1232270026_thumb.jpg

Maybe like 3mm

Max. Its not woth it.

that's the lowest it will go

post-10971-1232270033_thumb.jpg

Edited by Negotiator

Great panel lining pics! I've been waiting to see this. Did you use a gundam marker? It does make the toy look alot better. Is that a 1/72 VF-0D? It looks massive!

Edit: Wizatar's review is up!

Thank you! Yes it's a gundam marker and yes, the 0D is 1/72, nice big ol' wings.

Here's the link: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=q3haI7bqjmU

Sometimes you gotta remove the parts after the characters like featurerelated etc etc in order for it to load properly.

Edit: If I may review the review, :p its great! I would have liked to see the transformation process though-- and there were some slight inaccuracies with regards to the background story of the VF-25 near the end of the review. But an AMAZING job overall!

Edited by edwin3060