Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.3

Graham

Some More pics

A new mode I call it GerBat mode

You see this thing coming and you better run

YES SIR!

and find Waldo ( PS: Still a mess. Still organizing and putting away lots of stuff to make the display cabinets more sparse and make the Den look nice

post-4512-1232055814_thumb.jpg

post-4512-1232055885_thumb.jpg

post-4512-1232056159_thumb.jpg

Edited by nugundamII

I'm home on my lunch break, and I'm looking at photos of both the Alto and Ozma chests, and they look identical to me other than paint schemes. Are you mistaking the two dark paint spots on the Ozma for sensor bumps? Maybe I'm just looking at the wrong spot? Can someone confirm? Are the Alto and Ozma toys the exact same things with different paint and heads or is there an actual difference between the two?

Oops my bad. I must be imagining things! On second look the chest pieces are indeed the same. In comparison with the GA Graphics pictures I think they just printed in gray spots for the sensor bumps instead of moulding them like on the model kit. Crappy cost savings by Bandai...inaccuracy... *mutter**mutter*...

Cancel last message then.

Edit: Jenius, is the head on the VF-25S collapsible like on the model kit? If it isn't, that could explain why it seems to squashed as compared to the lineart, another point of inaccuracy for your review, one which has little to do with durability and everything to do with cost cutting (like the chest and back plates).

Edited by edwin3060

No problem Edwin. I don't have the model kit so I wasn't aware that on the model kit the head was collapsible. That sounds pretty cool. I certainly didn't notice that feature on my toy... but I didn't even know to look for it so hopefully I didn't just miss it!

Will be starting on my indepth review this weekend.

Graham

Looking forward to it! I am still unsure about buying the DX toys.

While they don't look as good as the model kits, they can be okay with the right poses and angles.

And after fixing the neck of the 25S.

Edited by ff95gj

Some More pics

A new mode I call it GerBat mode

You see this thing coming and you better run

YES SIR!

and find Waldo ( PS: Still a mess. Still organizing and putting away lots of stuff to make the display cabinets more sparse and make the Den look nice

What I envy most about that is the Zoids... ZOIDS FTW!

Looking forward to it! I am still unsure about buying the DX toys.

While they don't look as good as the model kits, they can be okay with the right poses and angles.

Think of it this way, it will be okay to let the kids touch it without fear of something breaking.

Think of it this way, it will be okay to let the kids touch it without fear of something breaking.

N/A... No kids (yet)...

And I have made the model already and I really love the scale and the look...

Frankly, the DX looks "ok", but the model looks great. And the DX is so much more expensive!

The problem is, I won't transform the model again because the decal wears off like taking an acid shower.

Edited by ff95gj

someone knows what happen with the orders on angolz i buy my dx since january 8 with EMS Speed Post and not sending yet

I emailed them and they said that they would be getting stocks this coming saturday-- I guess we'd all be getting ours within the next 2-3 weeks?

Will be starting on my indepth review this weekend.

Graham

Looking forward to your review Graham! Have you resolved the issues with the missing VF-1 v2 and YF-21 reviews yet?

Edit: A shout out to all those who have received your DX toys-- is the block behind the pilot seat removable to accommodate a second seat and pilot?

Edited by edwin3060

A shout out to all those who have received your DX toys-- is the block behind the pilot seat removable to accommodate a second seat and pilot?

No.

But in the interest of chunky nostalgia, the pilot is removable to accommodate a second BLOCK.

Block sold seperately.

Pete (can't resist poking fun at the DX...)

Seriously? That's sad... I thought that Michael's VF-25G was supposed to have an exclusive release of the Sound boosters+ backseat Ranka ala Alto's Super Packs, and kind of expected that they would make the backseat block replaceable for all the VFs (since the cockpit is the same regardless of variant).

Ok, I've had mine for some time now, both the Alto and Ozma toys. I don't know if anyone else has corrected my previous statements yet, but I did discover that if you use the gun pod holding hand and the closed fist hand you can, indeed, leave the same hands in for battroid and fighter mode. The fit isn't perfect, but once you get the shield on over the hands and into place it looks fine. This made me very happy.

Ok, I've had mine for some time now, both the Alto and Ozma toys. I don't know if anyone else has corrected my previous statements yet, but I did discover that if you use the gun pod holding hand and the closed fist hand you can, indeed, leave the same hands in for battroid and fighter mode. The fit isn't perfect, but once you get the shield on over the hands and into place it looks fine. This made me very happy.

This makes me very happy too! Even if I haven't received my VF-25F yet (where are you Angolz!!!). Thanks alot for the info, Radd. Can you provide any photos?

Edit: Now, if only I could make my 1/72 model kit's hands fit... unfortunately the model kit has hands that are of different widths so improving the perfect transformation in this way requires scratchbuilding skills which I don't have. :(

Edited by edwin3060

After many months of waiting, my 25F finally arrived. I picked it up from the Post Office just a few minutes ago. In the middle of my lunch break now so have not had a chance to transform it, but just the fighter mode looks much better "in person" than on photos. On initial inspection, it feels heavy to hold and gives me good vibes about durability (though only time can really determine this).

Only new complaint is the gloss finish, would have looked better with a flat imo...

Can't wait to get home and transform it :p

Oh hell yea man thanks for posting that! That solves one issue I had with the toy.

Does anyone know where to order an Alto from? I've been poking all over the web and no one seems to have them in stock anymore.

It seems like it is totally sold out everywhere. HLJ, Overdrive, Hobby search, angolz are all out.

So far it seems that bigbadtoystore.com still has a pre-order available but not sure if and when they will get anything.

I missed the boat on ordering from HLJ so now i'm in the "when can i buy one" camp.

I've been fantasizing about a "25th Anniversary" shot for a while now.

VF-251.jpg

vf-252.jpg

I'm pretty happy with mine. I had some "I think I'm going to sell it on e-bay thoughts" this morning, but I think I'll keep it. Odd thing I noticed is when seen from the top, it's an absolute beauty (minus that ridiculous gloss finish)... but from the bottom it's er... more challenged ie. that hideous gun-pod holder, the much maligned landing gear, etc.

My final veredict. Is it a Yamato? No. Is it an improvement over the old Macross 7 toys? OMG YES. The emphasis on this was definitely quality. They slapped that metal in all the right places... I don't see this DX's shoulders self destructing anytime soon.

Just for your information, the price of the DX is coming down in Hong Kong...

It was crazy like US$185, and it gradually comes to a point that no one will bother for US$147. (currency converted for your easy reference)

It seems that the ship shipment (?!) is arriving, so people have to sell their stock fast.

Just for your information, the price of the DX is coming down in Hong Kong...

It was crazy like US$185, and it gradually comes to a point that no one will bother for US$147. (currency converted for your easy reference)

It seems that the ship shipment (?!) is arriving, so people have to sell their stock fast.

i think there's a lot of us who figured that this would happen... those so-called "limited" stocks w/ crazy prices are just for those who are antsy about getting their VF-25's. i for one, am waiting for these to go down around the same price it was offered during pre-ordering or even less... if i do decide to buy them... for all their faults and shortcomings, i won't pay those "crazy" high prices you mentioned.

i think you meant shipment via sea freight... ^_^

BTW, thanks for the current price info there... do keep us updated... ^_^

Edited by m0n5t3r

I've been fantasizing about a "25th Anniversary" shot for a while now.

VF-251.jpg

vf-252.jpg

I'm pretty happy with mine. I had some "I think I'm going to sell it on e-bay thoughts" this morning, but I think I'll keep it. Odd thing I noticed is when seen from the top, it's an absolute beauty (minus that ridiculous gloss finish)... but from the bottom it's er... more challenged ie. that hideous gun-pod holder, the much maligned landing gear, etc.

My final veredict. Is it a Yamato? No. Is it an improvement over the old Macross 7 toys? OMG YES. The emphasis on this was definitely quality. They slapped that metal in all the right places... I don't see this DX's shoulders self destructing anytime soon.

Just curious, is your VF-25 next to a 1/60 or 1/48 VF-1? Either way I think down the road I'll get a VF-25, I think they look pretty good, especially in Fighter mode!!

Well since you mentioned the quality seems high on these toys, maybe that kind of reputation will help Bandai to have the $$$ financial resources to make more & various Macross toys!! B))

Just curious, is your VF-25 next to a 1/60 or 1/48 VF-1? Either way I think down the road I'll get a VF-25, I think they look pretty good, especially in Fighter mode!!

Well since you mentioned the quality seems high on these toys, maybe that kind of reputation will help Bandai to have the $$$ financial resources to make more & various Macross toys!! B))

It's the 1:60. Though the pilots of both valks don't seem to scale right (I think someone mentioned that before)... either Hikaru is suffering from gigantism or Alto from anorexia <_<.

seem like angolz is finally shipping out the DXs :D

Yep I got my shipping notice too! Should be able to get mine by the end of this week! EMS Shipping should take what, 3-5 days? I can hardly wait!

Ghost Train: Bandai seems to have downsized their pilots for the VF-25-- the DX 1/60 has 1/72 sized pilots, while the 1/72 model kit has 1/100 sized pilots. Apparently the reason for this was to thicken the LERXes for increased strength and durability for the transformation.

Yep I got my shipping notice too! Should be able to get mine by the end of this week! EMS Shipping should take what, 3-5 days? I can hardly wait!

Ghost Train: Bandai seems to have downsized their pilots for the VF-25-- the DX 1/60 has 1/72 sized pilots, while the 1/72 model kit has 1/100 sized pilots. Apparently the reason for this was to thicken the LERXes for increased strength and durability for the transformation.

I did something evil... I took the pilot from my VF-0S and put him in the cockpit of my VF-25F :rolleyes: It was a little tight but I managed to get him in there. Ofcourse I had to cut him up a bit to get him to fit. I'll repaint him in Alto's colors later. I just couldnt stand looking at that tiny pilot :blink:

I got my tracking number from Angolz too. Hopefully will get it soon...