Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.3

Graham

Another gallery/review of Alto's valk.

Battroid looks quite nice in these pics. Nice to know Bandai's Action Base stand works for the DX although I wonder how stable it is.

Click pic for link.

09010817ci9.jpg

Edited by IXTL

Wouldn't you like to find out? Ask her for her number and will see who goes home lucky. :rolleyes:

That is just mean man. :D

Nice pic IXTL, that Alto looks good in that pose and at that angle.

same here... anyone else who know where we can get macross toy in local shop in Vancouver?

I usually just order things online though. Good to know a few members are fromthe same city. ;)

No, I have talked to the owner of Ultra action toys and Soul of Anime (Cygnie), and he told me that due to the high shipping rate, his vf-25 will be coming in by ship, so won't be in vancouver for a while. Inaddition, he said all the preorders have been sold, and he will not be getting anymore. Evertoys in Crystal Mall MAY get some at the end of the month, but no confirmation from their supplier yet.

The only place left is BEANS toys on the third floor of arberdeen center in richmond. The owner (Peter) have confirmed that he is getting an order of 5 vf-25F, and willl be in at the end of the month. I have place my order on one of them.

Edited by vf_1s

how much was overdrive asking for the alto super pack with shipping to the US?

Overdrive quoted me $72.00 for the Alto Super Parts, plus $24.00 for shipping to the US via EMS, so $96.00

It's not cheap, but I'll bet that it will be more if you wait for the Super Packs to hit ebay, or you can play the game of bandai-roulette and wait to see if they do a re-release with the 'pack. I bit the bullet and ordered through overdrive, and resigned myself to the notion that I would buy the F and S again if they get released wit the Full Armor pack down the road.

Overdrive quoted me $72.00 for the Alto Super Parts, plus $24.00 for shipping to the US via EMS, so $96.00

It's not cheap, but I'll bet that it will be more if you wait for the Super Packs to hit ebay, or you can play the game of bandai-roulette and wait to see if they do a re-release with the 'pack. I bit the bullet and ordered through overdrive, and resigned myself to the notion that I would buy the F and S again if they get released wit the Full Armor pack down the road.

Where is the Super Pack listed on Overdrive's site?

Where is the Super Pack listed on Overdrive's site?

I'm not sure it is. I heard that they would be selling it here at the MW forum, so I e-mailed them to ask how much it would cost. Just go to their site ( www.over-drive-inc.com for those who don't know it), and click on the 'contact us' tab at the top of the page. Let them know what you are after and where in the world you are so that they can figure out how much shipping would cost, and they will get back to you. I've not used them before now, but I found them quick to respond and very helpful, so I may be pre-ordering the 25G off them.

Also, in their latest newsletter they said that because of the national holidays in Japan they would not be open for business until the 5th of January, so I'm not sure if it's technically the 5th there yet because of the time difference, but either way they will be able to help you in the next 24hrs or so I imagine.

I'm not sure it is. I heard that they would be selling it here at the MW forum, so I e-mailed them to ask how much it would cost. Just go to their site ( www.over-drive-inc.com for those who don't know it), and click on the 'contact us' tab at the top of the page. Let them know what you are after and where in the world you are so that they can figure out how much shipping would cost, and they will get back to you. I've not used them before now, but I found them quick to respond and very helpful, so I may be pre-ordering the 25G off them.

Also, in their latest newsletter they said that because of the national holidays in Japan they would not be open for business until the 5th of January, so I'm not sure if it's technically the 5th there yet because of the time difference, but either way they will be able to help you in the next 24hrs or so I imagine.

Thanks for the info. I wonder if a Macrossworld group buy is possible. It is frustrating that the Super Pack won't be readily available like the -25. :wacko:

I'm disappointed that there's not even been any word at all about a full armor pack, since the main design impetus behind the 25 series was to be the first variable fighter that allowed for complete transformation and functionality while carrying reactive armor. It's good to hear that the Quarter is on the drawing board, but still no 27 or 171 EX. :(

So, are the fastpacks for the DX toys limited edition or will they be reissued?

I would like one for alto and ozma.

I'll go look on overdrive then.

I just took a look at Toykohunter's website and the fastpacks come out in March 2009.

I was worried there for a bit.

Edited by boinger

I am glad that the Luca and Michael come with super parts. I am just waiting for those. I do love the Alto with super parts but it is a bit too pricey and hoop jumpy for me. And I agree that an armored version would be fantastic. Hopefully by then (when they release the armored ozma - speculation?) they will have given that poor battroid a proper neck.

I personally am getting a little tired of everybody (well alot) complaining about these toys! Personally I think they look great so far. I know I have to wait to get one in my hands, but I do believe that Bandai does make some nice durable toys. I currently own just about every carnation of Macross toy, and have been kind of dissapointed in the Yamato lines. The first 1/60 line was kinda cool, but sucked for the fact that you had to pull the legs off to transform. Then came the 1/48 scale. I blew a ton of cash on those, only to be scared to mess with them because of the lack of quality. You pay close to $200.00 and the thing snaps in your hands when you move something. Recently I went to go mess with my VF-0A and the arm snapped off. I only transformed the thing once! And now they have the new revamped 1/60 line. I hear it's great, but c'mon. People always complain about how they are more anime accurate? What's that really suppose to mean? Last time I watched the show, just about every other drawing of a valkrie looked different in some ways. It seems like the fans will never be happy. I was happy back in the day with the original Takatoku and Bandai releases. That was a quality toy. You could play with that thing all day and never had to worry about breaking anything. There was alot of inaccurracies, but all the same very cool. Dated but very cool. Even when Bandai made a newer attempt with the Macross 7 toys, I felt that they did a great job. There was alot of plastic instead of Die cast, but it was good plastic. The posing was somewhat stiff, but they still were convincing. Overall I do love the posability of the Yamato lines, but it's too bad that they construct these toys in such a poor matter. I think Bandai has took advice from everybody over time, by producing this new toy. They made it very durable (from what I hear) and more posable than the Macross 7 line. I almost think it's worth the money. Yeah, I know $180.00 or more is alot, but you don't have to worry about breaking the thing! Everything can't be perfect, but hey, that's what the model line is for. More accuracies without the playtime. Everybody that thinks that I am wrong, dig deep inside of yourself and ask "Are the Yamato Macross toys really toys, or something that I have to display because I am too scared to play with?" Please don't take any of this wrong, I do love all of my Yamato Macross toys, but I am also very protective of them because they might break in the wrong hands. Yamato stuff looks absolutely awesome, but man if they used better plastic as well as more die cast, then everybody would have EXACTLY what they want (and payed for). Bandai has always produced very good quality toys. BOTTOM LINE.

Then came the 1/48 scale. I blew a ton of cash on those, only to be scared to mess with them because of the lack of quality. You pay close to $200.00 and the thing snaps in your hands when you move something.

I'm surprised that after all this time people are still afraid of the 1/48. It's a pretty rugged toy IMO.

I've never had one snap in my hands. The only time I ever broke a 1/48, was when I intentionally pushed the BP8 backpack hinge on an early production sample past it's design limits (100% my fault).

I have about a dozen 1/48 currently on display and they have been transformed many, many times. Heck I speed transform mine to show people how fast they can be transformed and how rugged they are. In short, I am not at all gentle with mine. I remember shocking one member here, when I speed transformed my weathered 1/48 VF-1S in front of him.

As for the VF-0's arms, that is unfortunately another story.

I also think the Bandai Macross 7 and Macross Frontier toys are great. Will be picking up my second pair of VF-25 DX next weekend.

Graham

is it a good point? people have different tastes than you and they'll express their views.

That's cool. I figured as much. I just wish people wouldn't always alienate everything that is out there. There will probably never be a perfect line out there, but c'mon the way people are bashing this line is kinda rediculous in my opinion. It's like I said before, I do love my Yamato toys, but the quality is very poor. So yeah, some things can always be improved on here and there, but can they do it with quality? I thought you guys wanted your moneys worth. Question yourself. Are you getting your moneys worth? So express your tastes and express your views all you want, just like I will.

I'm surprised that after all this time people are still afraid of the 1/48. It's a pretty rugged toy IMO.

I've never had one snap in my hands. The only time I ever broke a 1/48, was when I intentionally pushed the BP8 backpack hinge on an early production sample past it's design limits (100% my fault).

I have about a dozen 1/48 currently on display and they have been transformed many, many times. Heck I speed transform mine to show people how fast they can be transformed and how rugged they are. In short, I am not at all gentle with mine. I remember shocking one member here, when I speed transformed my weathered 1/48 VF-1S in front of him.

As for the VF-0's arms, that is unfortunately another story.

I also think the Bandai Macross 7 and Macross Frontier toys are great. Will be picking up my second pair of VF-25 DX next weekend.

Graham

I'm glad you're on board with me (unlike some others already). Maybe they are rugged and I'm just scared. I just think for the money we are spending, we can get some more quality like better plastic and more metal. Metal is always nice. It's like my friend always says, "the heavier something is, the more quality it will have". By the way, nice meeting you.

That's cool. I figured as much. I just wish people wouldn't always alienate everything that is out there. There will probably never be a perfect line out there, but c'mon the way people are bashing this line is kinda rediculous in my opinion. It's like I said before, I do love my Yamato toys, but the quality is very poor. So yeah, some things can always be improved on here and there, but can they do it with quality? I thought you guys wanted your moneys worth. Question yourself. Are you getting your moneys worth? So express your tastes and express your views all you want, just like I will.

but that's my point. You have your criteria for what is "your money's worth" and I and other people have theirs. Just like you think the DX is worth it, other people might not. It's not ridiculous to have different values and opinions and express them. the specifics leading up to those opinions may be ridiculous or so subjective as to be beyond discussion but the ultimate end that we all have different tastes certainly is not.

If you want to argue you like your bandai's more than yamato, great for you. I'm happy that you're happy, but if your point is that I should like the DX too because you think yamatos are fragile... well... I find that just a bit ridiculous.

BTW, just because I disagree with your point doesn't mean I'm not happy to have you on the board. Welcome to MW, be prepared to defend even the most mundane of your beliefs. :p

Edited by eugimon

but that's my point. You have your criteria for what is "your money's worth" and I and other people have theirs. Just like you think the DX is worth it, other people might not. It's not ridiculous to have different values and opinions and express them. the specifics leading up to those opinions may be ridiculous or so subjective as to be beyond discussion but the ultimate end that we all have different tastes certainly is not.

If you want to argue you like your bandai's more than yamato, great for you. I'm happy that you're happy, but if your point is that I should like the DX too because you think yamatos are fragile... well... I find that just a bit ridiculous.

BTW, just because I disagree with your point doesn't mean I'm not happy to have you on the board. Welcome to MW, be prepared to defend even the most mundane of your beliefs. :p

Point taken. By the way, I think $180.00 is insane for any toy. I just felt that if you had to spend that much money, at least you would be getting something with quality. I hate this hobby with all of my heart, but I still do it. Granted everybody should like what they like, but still I wish peole would at least give it achance. Who knows, maybe Bandai will come out with better carnations.

Point taken. By the way, I think $180.00 is insane for any toy. I just felt that if you had to spend that much money, at least you would be getting something with quality. I hate this hobby with all of my heart, but I still do it. Granted everybody should like what they like, but still I wish peole would at least give it achance. Who knows, maybe Bandai will come out with better carnations.

If you are talking about the DX Alto or Ozma VF-25 toys, they can be had for less, go to BBTS or HLJ, they are cheaper there. BBTS will cost $160+ when all is said and done, while with EMS, HLJ should be a bit cheaper.

Yeah, I get what you're saying. I think it's because the price point is so high on these toys that we get so worked up debating them. Anyways, like I said, welcome to MW, I think if you read our posts enough, you'll find most members here are actually very fair and have nuanced views. Those of us who vale aesthetics over durability, for instance, have no problem critiquing the DX and then going to a yamato toy thread and complaining about small tail fins or overly large pilot figures. :p

If you are talking about the DX Alto or Ozma VF-25 toys, they can be had for less, go to BBTS or HLJ, they are cheaper there. BBTS will cost $160+ when all is said and done, while with EMS, HLJ should be a bit cheaper.

Yeah, unfortunately I am super impatient and bought mine for $180.00. I'm such a jerk. I have no money, but spend the little I have on this crap. Maybe that's why I take it so personal. Thanks for the info though. I'll start to drop some lines for all of us when I figure some places that have this tuff on sale.

I totally agree with you; I respect everybody's opinion, although I do not agree with them most of the time. But a discussion forum is where you learn different views from different people, right?

Especially it comes to personal preference... You can't say I am "wrong" or ridiculous to dislike something. Otherwise it may be ridiculous to like Macross in the first place. :rolleyes:

Welcome aboard unclechopchop !

Edited by ff95gj

Yeah, I get what you're saying. I think it's because the price point is so high on these toys that we get so worked up debating them. Anyways, like I said, welcome to MW, I think if you read our posts enough, you'll find most members here are actually very fair and have nuanced views. Those of us who vale aesthetics over durability, for instance, have no problem critiquing the DX and then going to a yamato toy thread and complaining about small tail fins or overly large pilot figures. :p

Cool. I just want everybody to feel like they are getting their moneys worth no matter what they buy. Well at least the people who buy them. Thanks for the welcome.