Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.3

Graham

Ok for the scale

The plane mode is 31.5CM long, so it is about 1/59.5 scale

Battroid mode 23.5-25.5cm, abut 1/60 scale

I think the VF-25 should be larger than what SK have stated, given the size of the cockpit is small vs other same scale plane

ap20090102090036330jpgiy3.jpg

You see the pic here in battloid mode? How the heck do you get the shoulder pieces to sit flush against the chest plate? I pretty much transformed the dam thing but the shoulder pieces wont budge! There also seems to be stop gaps to keep the joint from sitting flush... I'm beginning to think this is just part of the design...

post-8267-1230939100_thumb.jpg

I don't have a Yamato 1/60 VF-1, but I own a Yamato YF-19 25th Anniversary, this one is about 34 cm long, it would be 20.40 m real scale, and that's wrong, at least Macross Compendium says: "Length overall: 18.62m". Seems, like Yamato YF-19 is about 1/55 scale :wacko: and Bandai got it right.

Also, i have a small car, a Lamborghini Murcielago, on its package reads "1/60 scale". The pilot of YF-19 it's too big for the car, and VF-25's pilot seems ok with it.

Happy New Year!

BTW: First Post.

compendium lists the yf-19 as 18.62m in fighter. 18.62m / 60 = 31cm not 20.40. seems pretty close to me. <_<

anyways, even if the yamato yf-19 is the wrong scale what does that have to do with the bandai vf-25? completely different planes.

compendium lists the yf-19 as 18.62m in fighter. 18.62m / 60 = 31cm not 20.40. seems pretty close to me. <_<

anyways, even if the yamato yf-19 is the wrong scale what does that have to do with the bandai vf-25? completely different planes.

Because a pic was posted that showed the YF-19 and VF-25 next to each other in fighter mode and people said "VF-25 is undersized" and now people are saying "YF-19 is oversized".

Because a pic was posted that showed the YF-19 and VF-25 next to each other in fighter mode and people said "VF-25 is undersized" and now people are saying "YF-19 is oversized".

that stacking pic from 5 days ago?

anyways, helps to have the math right before we started complaining about minor differences in scale.

that stacking pic from 5 days ago?

No, I posted a top view pic of the Fighter modes of the YF-19 next to the VF-25 a few pages ago.

I later posted a top view pic of the VF-0 next to the VF-25, as apparently the VF-0 is 1/60.

Graham

No, I posted a top view pic of the Fighter modes of the YF-19 next to the VF-25 a few pages ago.

I later posted a top view pic of the VF-0 next to the VF-25, as apparently the VF-0 is 1/60.

Graham

ah. I missed that one. but still, I don't think minor differences in size is anything we need to get worked up over. compromises need to be made for the transformation sequence and a cm or two is hardly a big deal, imo.

You see the pic here in battloid mode? How the heck do you get the shoulder pieces to sit flush against the chest plate? I pretty much transformed the dam thing but the shoulder pieces wont budge! There also seems to be stop gaps to keep the joint from sitting flush... I'm beginning to think this is just part of the design...

I have no problem getting the shoulder pieces to sit flush on mine. I think it's may be affected by the angle of the chest plate.

Graham

And because somebody asked for it a couple of pages back, here's some shots of the 1/60 Bandai DX VF-25S Ozma type in Battroid mode, together with the Yamato 1/60 YF-21, also in Battroid mode.

Graham

Hmm that looks a bit odd. The VF-21 looks so much bigger than the VF-25? Is it how it really is "realistically"? Is the VF-21 that much of a bigger plane?

same situation in malaysia too

i been force to buy 1 pair of those VF-25 toy too

alto and ozma but luckily the price didnt really increase much.

and its seens here.......They sold Ozma versions more than Alto

so thats means u can buy alto for just 1 toy

but if u want the Ozma version u need to buy Alto as well.

and its alrdy sold out for both nows....

Just to give some info for Vancouver, Canada. Not availability at the local toy shops yet. Supposed to be in this upcoming shipment maybe.

here's a size comparison between the 1/72 model kit and the 1/60 DX

P1030701.jpg

and here's one with the 1/60 VF-1S

P1030695.jpg

Awesome it looks like in these pictures the legs sit pretty flush in fighter mode, not as high as it should be, but certainly enough to not look there's a huge gap there now. Still have to wait until March for my VF-25G to come out.

Post more pictures!!

Which shops specifically in Vancouver? I'd love to see this thing in person.

Sak Media in Greater Vancouver (Richmond) said they werent getting the DX or the 1/72 Model kit anytime soon. Dunno about the others. I haven't seen any preorder places list it on their websites yet either. Best bet is to try asking Richmond's Ultra Action Toys, as they usually deal largely in preorders for incoming shipments, but they have no website, and I haven't been there in a while.

Tell me what you can find, I'm interested as well.

Edited by Cent

Sak Media in Greater Vancouver (Richmond) said they werent getting the DX or the 1/72 Model kit anytime soon. Dunno about the others. I haven't seen any preorder places list it on their websites yet either. Best bet is to try asking Richmond's Ultra Action Toys, as they usually deal largely in preorders for incoming shipments, but they have no website, and I haven't been there in a while.

Tell me what you can find, I'm interested as well.

same here... anyone else who know where we can get macross toy in local shop in Vancouver?

I usually just order things online though. Good to know a few members are fromthe same city. ;)

I hate the FRX-00 look on the DX toy -- I hope the upturned wings is something that depends on how one transforms it.

I don't get what your talking about bu ne way, I like the fact that you can use the cheap bandai display stands for the dx valk... While the proportions on the DX chogokin aren't perfect I think its good enough as is... Maybe bandai could have made the toy more CAD accurate but that might take away alot of the toys durability factor... Like I said before this toy is much more sturdy than ne yamato valk I've ever owned even the 1/48 pales in comparison.

same here... anyone else who know where we can get macross toy in local shop in Vancouver?

I usually just order things online though. Good to know a few members are fromthe same city. ;)

I started figure shopping/browsing locally about last year, but its a real pain to get around town getting to the shops. Especially since I live in West Van, and most shops are in Richmond. Regardless, here are a few places:

Sakura Media in Richmond Center: Has the largest collection of 1/60 Yamato Toys I've seen in a single shop. Also has some trashy 1/100 Toynamis. Also has a few VF-1 variants, but not so many.

Soul of Anime in Rich. Center: Has a single VF-1 Low Vis, but mostly stocks up on Revoltech stuff. You'll find just about any Macross Revoltech there.

Ultra Action Toys (Pacific Plaza): Has a lot of preorders, and I believe I saw the VF-25s on preorder here back before it was out. I think you can still get them to ship it in for pickup now.

JHobby (Union Square): Has a lot of old stuff. I found a SDF-1 and some GNUs there too. Also a bunch of assorted model kits (YF-21 and so on)

Sakura Media in Metrotown: Has some revoltechs, and has quite a few 1/55 VF-1s I think.

Crystal Mall: there are 3 different shops that sell relevant stuff in Crystal Mall (all on second floor) but I dont remember their names. Just walk around, you can't really miss it. Most of them carry only Bandai VFs though.

I started figure shopping/browsing locally about last year, but its a real pain to get around town getting to the shops. Especially since I live in West Van, and most shops are in Richmond. Regardless, here are a few places:

Sakura Media in Richmond Center: Has the largest collection of 1/60 Yamato Toys I've seen in a single shop. Also has some trashy 1/100 Toynamis. Also has a few VF-1 variants, but not so many.

Soul of Anime in Rich. Center: Has a single VF-1 Low Vis, but mostly stocks up on Revoltech stuff. You'll find just about any Macross Revoltech there.

Ultra Action Toys (Pacific Plaza): Has a lot of preorders, and I believe I saw the VF-25s on preorder here back before it was out. I think you can still get them to ship it in for pickup now.

JHobby (Union Square): Has a lot of old stuff. I found a SDF-1 and some GNUs there too. Also a bunch of assorted model kits (YF-21 and so on)

Sakura Media in Metrotown: Has some revoltechs, and has quite a few 1/55 VF-1s I think.

Crystal Mall: there are 3 different shops that sell relevant stuff in Crystal Mall (all on second floor) but I dont remember their names. Just walk around, you can't really miss it. Most of them carry only Bandai VFs though.

Nice, thanks a lot. :)

Still hope to have some toyshops are closer to downtown though...

Quick question:

Could you use a pair of MG hands or the leftover hands of a Vf-0 to subtitute the karate chop hands used for the fighter mode of the Vf-25?

Even if they sacked a little in plane mode, we could have articulated hands.

The Nose Cone shouldnt be visible like that dude. Its mistransformed. Align it right and should be flush.

Question on Price

Since we are not paying so much for line art do you think 220 Canadian is expensive for the Aldo DX

I m finding a few on the web. Should I wait? Times are bad and our dollar took a nose dive so it seems a little expensive to me. Also I found the fast packs for alto for 139US!!!! Wow I dont think the fast packs were that much for the yammies

do the hands lock into the shield better than the model kit in fighter mode?

Yes, the shield does attach better in fighter mode on the DX, compared with the model kit.

The shield does not lock onto the hands exactly. While the hands do support and position the shield, there is also a sliding piece located on the underside of the back plate, that has two tabs that slide out of the rear of the back blate for fighter mode. The hands go into the shleld and the shield then clips onto these two tabs.

In the attached photo, you can see the two tabs I'm referring to.

Graham

post-11-1231048774_thumb.jpg

I hate the FRX-00 look on the DX toy -- I hope the upturned wings is something that depends on how one transforms it.

Sorry, no matter how you transform it, the wings are always slightly upturned when viewed from the front or rear.

Graham

post-11-1231049206_thumb.jpg

post-11-1231049579_thumb.jpg

Dihedral=bad for a fighter jet.

As for the "tabs" the shield clips into--aren't those actually the GERWALK mode thrusters?

Yes they.

They slide in so they are flush with the bottom of the backplate for Gerwalk and Battroid mode and then you slide them out to clip the shield onto for Fighter mode.

Graham