Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.3

Graham

I notice the partsformer neck swap that the owner gave it to give it a neck, yes, I noticed the neck... I think i would have preferred a limited mobility telescoping neck over the ball jointed neck.

someone, make some aftermarket hard plastic ears and a neck!

Edited by eugimon

The head lasers look awful in every single photo we've seen.

Yes, the VF-25S's head lasers are pretty bad, but I've learnt to live with them.

While the toys are overall far from perfect, I'm actually really enjoying them.

Guess I'm not such an accuracy whore after all, eh?

The way I look at it, is that they are probably the only high(ish) grade, large scale VF-25 toys

we will ever see, so might as well enjoy them.

They are not so bad and do IMO have a certain old school charm about them.

Graham

Yes, the VF-25S's head lasers are pretty bad, but I've learnt to live with them.

While the toys are overall far from perfect, I'm actually really enjoying them.

Guess I'm not such an accuracy whore after all, eh?

The way I look at, it is that they are probably the only high grade, large scale VF-25 toys

we will ever see, so I might as well enjoy them.

They are not so bad and do IMO have a certain old school charm about them.

Graham

As you say, Graham, You can fix a broken arm (Or neck, in this case), but you can't fix ugly!

My only qualm with that saying is this: You can replace the parts that make it ugly, but you can't replace... Wait a sec...

Did he simply pull the head out and just left the head 'sit' on top of the cap without push down to lock up, so the position of the head is higher? :unsure:

It does look much better.

Hot damn someone ask him how he did the neck extension! We need answers and recast parts!

looks like the head lasers and neck can be remedied. it also looks like the plastic is pretty good. how does it compare to the quality of plastic from a yamato valk?

Looks like a mod to me. The bit below the knee cap appears to have been carved out to allow the knee to bend forward more.

Gerwalk mode is hugely improved now that the nose can dip.

Edited by IXTL

Man...is the range of the knees that bad for gerwalk mode? I have to shave off some knee to get it into your classic gerwalk pose? :(

I think this killed it for me. :(

Some questions to those who have owned it:

1.) How is the diecast content?

2.) In some battroid poses, it seems that the back looks too heavy and they seem to be leaning backwards. Is it because the thigh joints are loose and the back is too heavy to support the weight? Will having the armored/super parts in the future make this more of a problem later?

Edited by wolfx

So basically the guy shaved a v shaped notch out of the top of the cover thats over the wheels? That allows the better movement?

note the neck:

16idrvc.jpg

Somebody here figure that sh!t out! That looks so much better. That and the gerwalk mod a couple posts up really help this thing.

I'll still hold off on Ozma and Alto in case of future FP/Armor bundles. But I'm very tempted despite the short comings of the DX. Michael and Luca I will definitely get.

Edited by MasterOfPuppets

Hey guys, just spotted this on 2chan. Don't know if this an undocumented feature or a modification, but it looks to allow much better leg movement for gerwalk mode.

Definitely a custom mod.

While it looks good, not sure I'm brave enough to start carving on a US$125 toy yet.

Graham

Man...is the range of the knees that bad for gerwalk mode? I have to shave off some knee to get it into your classic gerwalk pose? :(

I think this killed it for me. :(

Some questions to those who have owned it:

1.) How is the diecast content?

2.) In some battroid poses, it seems that the back looks too heavy and they seem to be leaning backwards. Is it because the thigh joints are loose and the back is too heavy to support the weight? Will having the armored/super parts in the future make this more of a problem later?

1) Diecast parts = Biceps, Hip/intakes, hip bars, ankles and inner feet, front and rear landing gear struts, 5-hole shoulder blocks, shoulder hinge assembly.

2) Just bad posing in the pics I think. The joints are quite tight and should (touch wood) be strong enough to support the Super parts in Battroid mode.

Graham

what are the chances of Yamato getting the license and improved on Bandai's design ?

I'd say slim to no chance.

Initially, there were indications that Yamato might be able to get a shot at it after about 4 years, but with Frontier being such a success, I doubt Bandai will let anybody else get it.

Heck, after all these years, they are still hanging onto the Macross 7 toy licence, despite not really doing much with the property.

Graham