Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.3

Graham

Wow, styrofoam packaging. Looks like Bandai did it's homework!

I'm not going to buy the VF-25S until I see if they ever make the Full Armor mode. I might get the VF-25G, though. Especially now that I see it's got styrofoam packaging!!

Vostok 7

So is this pretty much confirmation that the legs can't be raised properly above the shield in fighter mode like they should be? Or did the person not even try?

If it can't, then that is pretty piss poor design for it not to be able to do something so basic like that, IMO. :(

If it can, then that is one main concern I can cross off my list. The other is the Ozma neck that everyone else wants to see as well.

So is this pretty much confirmation that the legs can't be raised properly above the shield in fighter mode like they should be?

Doesn't look like it can. Not sure though, haven't been able to find out of the person who opened it tried or not.

The other is the Ozma neck that everyone else wants to see as well.

I want to see that too.

Tamashii.jp states its scale as 1/60.

http://tamashii.jp-network.co.jp/item/item...53&pref=301

http://tamashii.jp-network.co.jp/item/item...54&pref=301

「マクロスF」河森正治総監督完全監修!完全変形の1/60スケール塗装済み完成品「VF-25S メサイア」が発進スタンバイ。

S.M.S隊長オズマ・リーが搭乗する最新鋭バルキリーを完全立体化。S型の独特な頭部形状もシャープに再現しています。プラスチックパーツや金属パーツなどのハイブリッド素材により、差し替えなしでの3形態完全変形(ファイター/ガウォーク/バトロイド)を実現しています。

ガンポッド、ナイフ、シールド付属。

1/60スケール = 1/60 scale

Edited by IXTL

Definitely does not appear to be out yet and all indications are that December 25 is indeed the release date.

Whoever posted those out of the box pics must have connnections to get a pre-release sample.

Graham

I hate to rain on everybody's parade (including my own) - but my sources say it will be released in late January 2009 and that Bandai has not announced any exact release date.

I would be very happy to be proven wrong.

Pete

I hate to rain on everybody's parade (including my own) - but my sources say it will be released in late January 2009 and that Bandai has not announced any exact release date.

I would be very happy to be proven wrong.

Pete

i heard the same thing from my dealer but since nothing's official from bandai, i keep to the 25th.

It's funny, I can't even think of any instances where I saw Michel's valk without armor in the show (maybe during the Basara-tribute Ranka concert where his valk was an impromptu speaker array?) :lol: . I didn't realize how much white it had on it. it looks good that way.

Maybe I'll steal his packs, repaint them red, and stick 'em on Alto. hah!

It's funny, I can't even think of any instances where I saw Michel's valk without armor in the show (maybe during the Basara-tribute Ranka concert where his valk was an impromptu speaker array?) :lol: . I didn't realize how much white it had on it. it looks good that way.

Maybe I'll steal his packs, repaint them red, and stick 'em on Alto. hah!

No need to repaint - that fast pack was on Alto at ep 14, totally canonical. :)

Other than the Gallia 4 rescue ep, the only other time I can recall Michael's valk w/o super pack was in ep 2.

The DX VF-25G looks the most appealing of the DXs so far imo (still waiting to see if Ozma's VF-25 has a proper neck and how the armor pack will turn out), plus it has the added benefit of having the super pack in the same package.

Edited by IXTL

No need to repaint - that fast pack was on Alto at ep 14, totally canonical. :)

Hah! True! Then I'll have a red, white, and blue (and .. er... black and grey and brown) valk in awkward patriot colors :lol:

Hmm. It would need a fold booster too, though. It'd probably be too much to ask to figure out a way to mount the Yamato one on these guys.

I too agree Michael's valk looks great even without fast packs. True eps. 2 and 12 are the only time it doesn't have fast packs. In ep.2 he is hiding behind a building most of the time and the only good look at his battroid is from the adjacent building's window reflection (I'll look to see the whites on it) and in 12 it was in gerwalk the entire time. Yeah I can easily see myself getting Michael's valk, the fast pack make it even more worth it though.

Well - looking at the the pictures of Alto in Armor/Fast Packs I have to wonder something about Bandai's design of the DX vs. the models...

It seems to me that the DXs ALL look much better in their fast packs/armor than naked. Could it be that the real problem necessitating some kind of compromise on the design was the fast packs? The 1/72 model won't have fastpacks so it could be sleaker - but if those fast packs for some reason necessitated bulkier frames for the DX...could this be why they look as they do?

I do NOT want to start a "it's off by three cm/no it's not" argument - it's just that lots of people have complained about things being off, but then there seems to be a consensus that Luca and Mikhael (and I assume Alto?) look cool in their fastpacks?

So..could there be something to this?

pete

Well - looking at the the pictures of Alto in Armor/Fast Packs I have to wonder something about Bandai's design of the DX vs. the models...

It seems to me that the DXs ALL look much better in their fast packs/armor than naked. Could it be that the real problem necessitating some kind of compromise on the design was the fast packs? The 1/72 model won't have fastpacks so it could be sleaker - but if those fast packs for some reason necessitated bulkier frames for the DX...could this be why they look as they do?

So..could there be something to this?

pete

Sorry but that's not true. They will be sold seperately and allow for transformation without removal of the fast packs and without the addition of new parts. 1/72 wins again!!!! :D:p

Here are the pictures.

Chris

post-265-1230064924_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dobber

:'(

one of my two VF-25F models just broke, & since i don't want to take chances with the other one i'm gonna have to go with one of the 1/60 VF-25's. I think i'm goning to pick either mikhail's or ozma's fighter. just one question since right now i'm a bit tight on time & don't want to go back several pages. does the 1/60 VF-25 have large parts made out of metal or are they going to be made almost entirely out of plastic like the newer yamato's valkyries? also are these going to be molded in color or will they be painted?

now going back to bury my poor innocent valk. snif :'(

:'(

one of my two VF-25F models just broke, & since i don't want to take chances with the other one i'm gonna have to go with one of the 1/60 VF-25's. I think i'm goning to pick either mikhail's or ozma's fighter. just one question since right now i'm a bit tight on time & don't want to go back several pages. does the 1/60 VF-25 have large parts made out of metal or are they going to be made almost entirely out of plastic like the newer yamato's valkyries? also are these going to be molded in color or will they be painted?

now going back to bury my poor innocent valk. snif :'(

Some die-cast body parts, such as the thighs. There will also be steel support pieces in the hips, ankles, feet, and shoulders. Those are all that we know of right now, though there may well be more. The plastic parts will be molded, with paint apps for the colored parts overlayed.