What's your favorite VF?

Anubis

What is your favorite Variable Fighter?  

152 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Variable Fighter?

• VF-1 Valkyrie
    • VF-4 Lightning
    • VF-9 Cutlass
    • VF-5000 Star Mirage
    • VF-11 Thunderbolt
    • VF-14 Vampire
    • VF-17 Nightmare
    • VF-19/YF-19 Excaliber
    • VF-22/YF-21 Sturmvogel II
    • VB-6 Konig Monster

What?! No Fz-109F?!  :angry:

Try VF-14, what it was based on.

I thought about putting the VF-0, but I wanted to encompass as big a spread of UN Spacy valks as I could. NOT to spark a debate about how they are different, I already know they are separate entities, but since the VF-0 is really kind of a based off of the VF-1, just built around conventional engines instead of the nuclear ones, I left it alone for purposes here. If I had space I would have, and the VA-3, and any others I missed. Like I said 10 choices meant I had to leave something out. Sorry if yours isn't on the list, but go ahead and voice your opinion anyway, as some already have.

How come no love for the 17? I expected it to do a little better. :(

Edited by Anubis

Guys guys guys...there is enough love to go around for all the Valks! :)

:) What tha?! :blink:

:lol:

Well Anubis, I expected the VF-4 Lightning to go a little better too. I thought that it would go well due to the support I see on a frequent basis on the boards.

I was disappointed with the result of the VF-9. I thought it looked really cool. Oh well.

The Nightmare is my favourite valk as well. You should have an "I like em all!" option up! There little about all the VFs that I don't like.

Not surprised about the Konig Monster though. The big loafer. It may be cool that it was derived from a monster destroid, but that thing handles like a brick in VFX-2.

Looks like the F/S model 19's hurt some people's opinions of it, as the 21/22 is kicking its butt now.

For me, nothing tops the VF-4 Lightning III. My all time favourite Valkyrie. Sleekest, most graceful fighter mode, and most powerful looking battroid mode. The gerwalk mode is so-so, but I've disliked just about every gerwalk mode since the VF-1, the VF-11 being the happy exception.

Looks like the F/S model 19's hurt some people's opinions of it, as the 21/22 is kicking its butt now.

Well, it's either that, or the debates we had in those 19 vs 21/22 polls awhile back. A few people will admit that they convereted to the 21/22 after that thread.

Well, it's either that, or the debates we had in those 19 vs 21/22 polls awhile back. A few people will admit that they convereted to the 21/22 after that thread.

Very true. While not really converting, I found myself liking the 22 a bit more myself after that thread, once we got into the detailed technical nitty-gritty.

I reckon its all horses for courses mate. People like the VF-22/YF-21 because it can yadayadayada.....people like the VF-19/YF-19 because it can yadayadayada....

No matter what, I still love my YF-19. Just after the VF-1 and -17

Here are my favourites in the order of preference:

1) VF-17 D/S Nightmare

2) VF-1S Hikaru (Strike)

3) VF-1S Roy (Strike)

4) VF-19 D/S Excalibur

Looks great in battroid and fighter, but VF-1 tops by looking good in all modes. Main thing common about my choices, are the head sculpt, simply beautiful and menacing!

:lol::D;)

Cheers

Guys guys guys...there is enough love to go around for all the Valks! :)

What in god's name?!

Okay, I may love Macross, but that's taking it one step too far...

It's from the Macross Perfect Memory book. No Macross fan should be without it...that and Macross Design Works. :)

Montarvillois: your avatar is pure evil I tell you...

av-76.gif...evil! <_< B))

What would someone vote if they wanted a Stampede Valk?

*cackles maniacally*

It depends, do you mean the one based off a VF-1? Or do you mean the sketch for the VF-11 variant in Macross Design Works? ;)

So that's the plane under it!

What? It's hard to tell when it's buried under guns larger than the plane...

I shter ea pic of the VF-1 variant, or just descriptions?

The VF-1...

To me there are no more valkyries after the VF-1, just "changes on the original".

yeah , the YF-21 has so much VF-1 references into its design I can´t believe Kawamori san tried to convince us it was a new valkyrie :rolleyes: , not to mention the Neo Glaug , that cheap copy isn´t even worth mentioning ...oh , and the X-9 Ghost , jesus christ , that thing even had the UN emblem ... ;)