A wishlist for Capt. America

Excillon

Unfortunately I'm a little late to this forum so here goes: where do I get one of these....ummm.....monsters?

Secondary market, like putting a post in the wanted section, or pray that MSLZ22 comes back to the forums and offers another run. He does like the Macross and graces us with hsi presence and skills every once in a while. :)

~Edit~ speaking of the monster, anyone got a link to some good lineart of the monster, I'm pulling together references to finally finish mine, it's been primed for about 2 years, I guess it's dry now and could use some actual paint. I've got copies of the pics from a couple old threads, the MW frontpage and have a couple of the "rowboattech" art books at the house, just seeing what else is floating around.

Edited by Ghadrack

For what it's worth, the Long/Siembieda artwork has always made my skin crawl; they manage to take an otherwise good mecha concept and render it in the most unflattering way possible. Left unsupervised, I'm not surprised that they came up with that, that... Thing. :mellow:

Ain't that the truth. It always annoyed me, whenever I saw their artwork in my Robotech RPG books, which was the only way I could get hold of the original Macross lineart back in the day.

Secondary market, like putting a post in the wanted section, or pray that MSLZ22 comes back to the forums and offers another run. He does like the Macross and graces us with hsi presence and skills every once in a while. :)

Cool - thanks. I have one of the Arii 1/160 scale kit and would love to get my hands on a 1/72 to go w/ all my other Macross kits. The one I really want in 1/72 though is the Monster from Frontier w/ Ranka cheesecake noseart!

Okay, okay. I give. Unnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnncle. I guess the phrase I'm looking for here is "there's no accounting for taste" ^_^

I'm just bewildered that this design could ever put anyone in mind of Gasaraki stuff.

It didn't remind me of Gasaraki per se, just that the design was IMO (apparently :p ) clean and without distraction. That PA is a walking tank, so it's got solid armour plating, no horns or control panels or weird plated projections for Look Cool Factor. Leave that for Gundam, Eva, and all the rest.

• 2 weeks later...
I concur!

Yeah, for once I agree too, the DYRL version > TV.

Pilot's legs cannot fit into a Regult's legs; it has a separate articulated hip section. It's a piloted "cockpit-style" mech like Glaug, not a "worn" type.