A wishlist for Capt. America

Excillon

I just wish you'd stick to subjects that have never been produced in 1/72 scale before. Of course all your models are wonderful but the ones that really excite me are the ones that have never been produced in physical 3-D.

I just wish you'd stick to subjects that have never been produced in 1/72 scale before. Of course all your models are wonderful but the ones that really excite me are the ones that have never been produced in physical 3-D.

I can understand this totally, and commercially it makes better sense too. However, a couple of the Tanmen items: 1) Could have been done a lot better & 2) Are basically unavailable.

Don't be greedy Grayson72, just because you have a hoard of double of everything, doesn't mean we hoi-polloi can't want for these things too! :lol: :lol: :lol:

On a basic level I completely understand where you're coming from. On the other hand, sometimes the reason something never makes it into 3-D form is that, well... Not enough people are interested in it.

Oddly enough, my most successful models have been those that HAVE already been produced in 3-D. Badly. (Regult, Destroids.)

On a basic level I completely understand where you're coming from. On the other hand, sometimes the reason something never makes it into 3-D form is that, well... Not enough people are interested in it.

Oddly enough, my most successful models have been those that HAVE already been produced in 3-D. Badly. (Regult, Destroids.)

The thing that I am most greatful for is the fact that John Loves this stuff as much as we do. I find John a person who really cares about his product and what quality he brings to the table of the kits he makes for us. I know John is a big fan of the TV Show Macross and Most of us are too. I believe that Johns Glaug will be he biggest kit to date and Willbe a major sucess.

Its amazing the kits I have now because John cared enough to do this for us. With Profit asside, Its clear that he fully enjoys doing this for this Macross community. With that said, I cant see any Kit that John makes not be a profit maker. I do hope he continues with the 1/72 Line of TV macross kits. Cats Eye, LVT Avenger II Attack Aircraft, Siokorvsky Sea Sergeant Helicopter,Flemenmik Nousjadeul-Ger Battle Suit. Are just some examples of many kits that We could see. I can see any kit he makes Sell.

With Profit asside, Its clear that he fully enjoys doing this for this Macross community.

Actually, "profit" is nonexistent when I make these models. The price of any of my works is made up only of my labour fees and materials: I essentially just calculate the overall time that I anticipate it will take to bring a project from concept to a given number of finished, packed models, then just factor-in the materials and postal fees. Thankfully, my hourly wage is elastic, so I can adjust to compensate for a higher or lower demand. Seriously, this is not a way to "make money," if I wanted to do that, I'd just rob people at gunpoint; so much easier and a lot less work :lol:

All kidding aside, it's immensely fun for me. There are times when I find myself working on a sculpt until 1 or 2am; not because I'm thinking of deadlines, but merely because I get so caught-up in the work that I lose all track of time. I look at my life like a perpetual friday afternoon of grade-school arts-&-crafts... Except that I've moved slightly beyond the use of sprinkles, white glue & popsicle sticks. No wait. I still use the two latter items ^_^

If I was to commission John to master a model... it probably wouldn't be a Macross one.

But other than that I'd love to see some of the more obscure Macross aircraft like the FL-200 Mistral.

Well ya know what they say "do what you love and you'll never work a day in your life". Wish I could find something to do that I really loved.

Hey these would be cool to have.

LVT Avenger II Attack Aircraft, Siokorvsky Sea Sergeant Helicopter

Actually, "profit" is nonexistent when I make these models. The price of any of my works is made up only of my labour fees and materials: I essentially just calculate the overall time that I anticipate it will take to bring a project from concept to a given number of finished, packed models, then just factor-in the materials and postal fees. Thankfully, my hourly wage is elastic, so I can adjust to compensate for a higher or lower demand. Seriously, this is not a way to "make money," if I wanted to do that, I'd just rob people at gunpoint; so much easier and a lot less work :lol:

All kidding aside, it's immensely fun for me. There are times when I find myself working on a sculpt until 1 or 2am; not because I'm thinking of deadlines, but merely because I get so caught-up in the work that I lose all track of time. I look at my life like a perpetual friday afternoon of grade-school arts-&-crafts... Except that I've moved slightly beyond the use of sprinkles, white glue & popsicle sticks. No wait. I still use the two latter items ^_^

A shame you don't profit more, for all the work you put into your craft. I for one wouldn't mind you making a little coin on it, hey you deserve it a lot more than companies that manufacture kits. Although I have a confession, the only kit I have by you is the Atmospheric Booster, which I haven't even built yet, I'm using it as incentive to build my backlog first. I know your kits are expensive, but I also know that they're not cheap to make. I'd by them all if I could, but with a wife in school and 2 kids, I have to be really picky. That's why I suggested Battroid stuff, because it seems you could just make conversion kits, rather than full blown kits. It's be a way to make affordable stuff for the masses and pocket something for yourself.

Seriously, this is not a way to "make money," if I wanted to do that, I'd just rob people at gunpoint; so much easier and a lot less work :lol:

At least you be able to fashion a really good gun for the stick up's

At least you be able to fashion a really good gun for the stick up's

Funny you should mention that: I had, in fact, come up with some really interesting firearm concepts a few years ago and was able to acheive proof-of-concept by making semi-functional plastic prototypes with light springs :lol:

I put them on the shelf shortly thereafter in favor of more fun things.

Funny you should mention that: I had, in fact, come up with some really interesting firearm concepts a few years ago and was able to acheive proof-of-concept by making semi-functional plastic prototypes with light springs :lol:

I put them on the shelf shortly thereafter in favor of more fun things.

Cool

"hey man this is a stick up"

"errm is that a laser gun bud?"

"......eh..... mm.....yes it i...."

" Cool I'll give you fifty bucks for it"

Given the glut of Macross and (now) Mospeada toys on the market, I'd like to chime in with some love for the Master's.

1) Hovertank. I's needs a good version of this in a decent scale. NEEDS!

2) Ajax space copter. See above text.

3) Various designs of the Southern Cross armours. There's just so much of the storyworld told in those armours that it's a shame they haven't gotten more love yet.

I want a realistic looking moon kit with Zentran and Meltran spaceships in scale all with a Baldoza's ship in scale... :lol:

or The whole macross fleet of destroyers and carriers in 1/72...?? <_<

It's Christmas; so Cap get into the spirit...

• 2 weeks later...
John

I have one for you. What ever happen to your 1/48 mospeada LEGIOSS? You have had to do that about 10 years ago . Right ? I love to see you finsh that and sell a small amount one. I know you would sell out.

Chris

Doh, it was only a matter of time before someone brought up the "Topic that must not be mentioned" LOL.

Edited by Grayson72

Doh, it was only a matter of time before someone brought up the "Topic that must not be mentioned" LOL.

I've heard about this, but never understood why it was axed. Anyone care to fill those of us who weren't here way back when?

Also, hell with 1/48, I'd love a 1/72 more.