Custom Mac II Destroid

Kishimoto

Hello Macrossfans! I like to take this opportunity to show you my latest custom project that I finished here recently, the Mac II Destroid. This project was something I wanted to do for years but had it on the backburner, with other interest clogging my time. It was until recently I decided to start on it and make it a reality. This was an off and on thing, so I will say it took me about 2 to 3 months to complete. The Mac here is made entirely out of cardboard. I tried to give it a scale compariable to my 7inch Destroids as you can see in some of my pics. I'm not too sure whether I got it right, but I would assume close. The arms and legs can be swiviled to a certain degree. Both the legs and arms as well as the cannons can be removed. As for what I used as reference, one book, The Robotech RPG from Palladium Books. So this is not an "exact" representation but again close. Painting is an option. As I look at it now, with what is is made out of, I see the beauty in it and a complete piece.

Please let me know what you think. Thanks! :lol:

]{ish

post-605-1229221827_thumb.jpg

post-605-1229221842_thumb.jpg

post-605-1229221859_thumb.jpg

post-605-1229221871_thumb.jpg

post-605-1229221882_thumb.jpg

post-605-1229221895_thumb.jpg

post-605-1229221915_thumb.jpg

post-605-1229221928_thumb.jpg

post-605-1229221938_thumb.jpg

post-605-1229221946_thumb.jpg

post-605-1229221954_thumb.jpg

Thank you all for your input and compliments. I had thought about whether to paint it or not. But now the more I see it "unpainted" on the shelf here in my room, the more I'm intrigued in seeing it with paint. Now if I do decide on it, I wonder where I could get a good example of what it should look like. I know that there are lots of variants out there on the net as well as in books. So if you have suggestions, please let me know. Again thanks for sharing your interests! :lol:

]{ish

Thank you all for your input and compliments. I had thought about whether to paint it or not. But now the more I see it "unpainted" on the shelf here in my room, the more I'm intrigued in seeing it with paint. Now if I do decide on it, I wonder where I could get a good example of what it should look like. I know that there are lots of variants out there on the net as well as in books. So if you have suggestions, please let me know. Again thanks for sharing your interests! :lol:

]{ish

I think you should do your own non-canon scheme. I'd love to see a stealth or Arctic monster.

Now if I do decide on it, I wonder where I could get a good example of what it should look like.

You should search the MW forums for that. The 1/72 monster builds are good and if you search out HWRMKII's thread he has loads of pictures. He is about as correct colour wise that you'll get.

Also this one Mslz22 thread of the kit he built.