Macross fan builds fembot

danth

WOW...that's..........................................sad

I particularly like these sentences

- "he 33-year-old told CTV.ca in a phone interview from his parents' home in Brampton, Ont. " probably from his basement

- "While Trung, who has worked as a software programmer in recent years, has been unemployed for the past three months, he has worked steadily on Project Aiko -- an effort that has brought him closer than ever to reaching his dream." can you say Stepford wive!! haha

- "but it looks creepy when you touch it and it doesn't look as real," no, YOU'RE creepy

- "Aiko can also distinguish between types of touch to her body and can even make toast. " creepier

- "But within a few short hours, the searching algorithm inadvertently brought her to some adult websites that allowed Aiko to pick up some "new words" that Trung had not intended for her to learn." yeah right...the dude creates a robot but couldn't filter the websearchs for adult content

HAHAHA, ok, in all seriousness... cool stuff, about time robots stopped looking like tables

Dude, it's a ROBOT. :blink:

Which is exactly why it has yet to sue him for sexual harrassment. Although, if you build your own robot, and have sex with it, is that incest? Will he start his own organization? NAMRLA?

Edited by Keith

Which is exactly why it has yet to sue him for sexual harrassment. Although, if you build your own robot, and have sex with it, is that incest? Will he start his own organization? NAMRLA?

He taught it to speak making it nearly impossible for him to enjoy having sex with it anyway. B))

How would that work any way?;

Aiko:"a little lower dear."

Le:"Here?"

Aiko:"No no no! That's not it, higher!.

Le:"Here?"

Aiko:"That's it"

Le:"Haaaaa,..."

Aiko:"You're done allready? What the..."

:ph34r:

oh whoo, an android.while cool he was able to make something newsworthy in a basement of all places, I`m somehow getting the feeling this is about as far as it`ll get before SOMEONE out there interferes...be it goverment, businesses or religious reasons. and sex with her? yeah, that`ll be fun.don`t forget to wash her out after you`re done. :p

This is AWESOME!!!

I am amazed and it doesn't surprise me that the guy built in in his basement:)

I think this guy should be given a Nobel Prize in Science AND in literature (because his creation is poetry!)

I bow my head before this God amongst men :)

Pete

I don't care what that guy says. If he dropped 20,000 and sculpted it a silcone vagina, he's f**king it. Probably didn't make it walk so it couldn't run away from him. I love the simulated orgasm part. Like anyone cares if she has an orgasm...

Uh - actually it pays to care if she has an orgasm ;)

Pete

Been married 10 years, never had any problems or complaints (well, about that anyway other than "you want what?! what time is it?! You expect me to do what after I had to do all those dishes?! You never cook me dinner anymore! Where's my backrub! You just want to get laid, you don't love me! The kids might wake up! Where's my new laptop, huh?!") Wait a minute...maybe this guys got a good idea. F**k this, gimmie the goddamned robot!!!!!!!!!!! BTW, I meant who cares if a ROBOT has an orgasm.

Seriously though, gimmie the f**king robot, I'm sooooooooooo not playing.

"Does she have breasts? I will say yes. Does she have nipples? I will say yes. Does she have a vagina? I will say yes. Are there sensors there? I will say yes," he said.

"Do I sleep with her? No."

YOU'RE LYING!!! :lol:

Maybe he's what Agent One might call a "Victim of Macross 7" ? :)

In all seriousness though - I think his achievement is amazing and it is just so cool to have this article where in one proverbial breathe they mention Macross as an inspiration for a truly outstanding project.

Also - have you guys seen the movie Cherry 2000 ? With Mellanie Griffith?

If not - check it out. It's a B movie, really bad acting - but the entire plot revolves around how female androids like the one this guy made are all the rage - but one guy's woman short circuits while they're making out (due to her not having turned off the kitchet sink or something and the water jams up her circuits). And when he goes to try to find a new one, he doesn'tl like any of the models - while his Cherry 2000 is out of production/discontinued... so he goes on a quest to find one.

Don't ask why he couldn't have just gone online :)

The answer is: because then there would be no adventure and he wouldn't meet Mellanie Griffith who convinces him that real women are better than android women.

Pete