PLANETES

I just downloaded and watched the whole japanese TV series...

I had read the manga before, which was excellent... But the TV anime, despite departing from the manga was actually incredibly good and well done.

It is the most realistic space adventure sci-fi anime I've ever seen in recent years... hell, it actually made me want to become an astronaut!!! :wacko:

post-7862-1228900535_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

I just downloaded and watched the whole japanese TV series...

I had read the manga before, which was excellent... But the TV anime, despite departing from the manga was actually incredibly good and well done.

It is the most realistic space adventure sci-fi anime I've ever seen in recent years... hell, it actually made me want to become an astronaut!!! :wacko:

Hell yeah! I've never read the manga but I've watched the anime and it is really, I mean, REALLY good. Fantastic even! Damn, I'll just go out and say that it's my FAVORITE anime of all time. The drama especially towards the second half of the series is just unbelievable (cue episode 24!).

Count me in as a PLANETES fan! I think it's the SF equivalent to Real Robots' Patlabor. I loved it so much I shelled out for the official R1 release from Bandai Entertainment, only to find myself screwed by bad encoding on one of the discs. :-/

The exchange process is really convoluted for overseas customers, so I've waiting for over 6 months now for the local dealer to make good on it. Otherwise, the discs that I managed to view were superb, especially the hilarious cast commentaries. Hachi's seiyuu managed to get the girls to say all kinds of naughty things ;-)

Count me in as a PLANETES fan! I think it's the SF equivalent to Real Robots' Patlabor. I loved it so much I shelled out for the official R1 release from Bandai Entertainment, only to find myself screwed by bad encoding on one of the discs. :-/

The exchange process is really convoluted for overseas customers, so I've waiting for over 6 months now for the local dealer to make good on it. Otherwise, the discs that I managed to view were superb, especially the hilarious cast commentaries. Hachi's seiyuu managed to get the girls to say all kinds of naughty things ;-)

I got screwed on the official region 1 DVDs as well! Two or three of the discs wouldn't even play on my laptop (though they worked fine elsewhere). Still didn't stop me from getting another boxset (which had perfect discs) :lol: . I love the series too damned much!

Nope - just the first couple of disks. Which - while very good on their own merits - didn't live up the what I'd gotten from the manga.

Though I've not read the manga, I think the writer and director took some liberties in adapting the story for the anime. If you don't mind my suggesting, you should watch at least the second half of the series, the von Braun arc in which the drama takes significant, and sometimes, intense turns. That's where the really good stuff happens (for me at least). Though I can't vouch for their quality, some of the "glowing" (user) reviews from Amazon and mahq mimic my impressions exactly (particularly of the later episodes).