Basquash: SK's new serie for 2009

ntsan

So I guess if his Hory Froatiness is working on this, we won't be getting a new Macross series next season? :unsure:

We're getting a movie. :)

I've never been one for sports-based anime. I don't know if it's going to be good or bad, but I'm not interested in it so I'm passing.

• 2 months later...

*Bump*

The official site is updated with lot of new stuffs (characters, mechs, interviews), feel free to check it out:

http://basquash.com/character.xhtml

Side comment over the thread: Wow, never know people on MW seem to dislike this show so much (save for some members), this series looks fun, "Space Jam's mindless fun", and is definitely a fresh-air in mecha anime after stuff like IGPX, ala mecha without war. Just don't expect it to be ultra-realistic like UC Gundam and it should be fine.

Side comment over the thread: Wow, never know people on MW seem to dislike this show so much (save for some members), this series looks fun, "Space Jam's mindless fun", and is definitely a fresh-air in mecha anime after stuff like IGPX, ala mecha without war. Just don't expect it to be ultra-realistic like UC Gundam and it should be fine.

We didn't say we didn't like it (The show doesn't start until April, jeez). Some of us here are just gonna pass since fictional sport shows aren't our thing. Now, some people here will give it a look at and we'll see what they say about it.

Hmm, standard stereotype character with a gothic-loli, old geezer mechanic getup and main char with failed Yu-Gi-Oh hair.

But does this show got anything to do with magic girls? :huh:

No offense, but I'd wait for the translation of these character page (if there will be any) before bashing the show due to "stereotypical" characters, since we pretty know nothing about them except their visual appearances.

Edit: Well, considering VF-25 Messiah's translation of the story section is well-done, I'm gonna post it here so people may know what's this show is about:

Half translation, half-summary. Very rough.

Somewhere in space in some galaxy there is a planet called EarthDash with a moon in its sky.

The city on the moon, mooneyes, has a high level of technology.

To the people of earthdash, it is a symbol of their hopes and dreams, and they dream of somtimes going to the moon.

On EarthDash there are big machines called bigfoots that are used for many purposes. And the sport Bigfootbasket, BFB, is very popular.

Dan who lives in the city RollingDown on EarthDash, gets by by rampaging through town with his friends.

The town will hold the BFB games, so the people are getting very excited. Dan looks at these people with contempt.

His sister was caught up in accident with a bigfoot, and lost her ability to walk.

During all of this Dan meets a girl, and ends up riding her bigfoot.

Running, Leaping, in the Bigfoot. Without realizing it he starts smiling.

In order to not forget this feeling he enters the BFB tournament.

The match begins,

but the game is far cry from what is being shown on TV, its boring and lacks impact.

Dan stands up, and inside him that special bigfoot feeling begins to wake up...

And that is how the legend begins.

And these "Magic girls" Morpheus was talking about is supposed to be the Macros-I mean Eclipse Idol Group coming from the hi-tech Moon.

The show is now giving me good Turn A Gundam vibes.

Edited by REbirth

A new caricature art by Thomas Romain, "Welcome to the World of BASQUASH".

basquashthomasromain.jpg

It reminds me of this poster lol

overmantominoadd.jpg

One month till the airing of this show, I dunno if it's going to be good or bad, but it's getting wacky, King Gainer-level of wacky.

I say let him do this to get the crazy ideas out of his system before he works on the next Macross project, like he did with Aquarion. Otherwise we'll see custom valkyries in sneakers and doing slam dunk attacks against some sort of protoculture sports team that was deemed too dangerous to be allowed loose in the galaxy and were sealed away for many millennia until a UN expedition accidentally frees them.

Will pass. Mecha with car bodies wearing oversize sneakers do absolutely nothing for me.

As others have said, let's hope Kawamori gets this silliness out of his system before working on the next new Macross project.

Graham

Well, as long it got buttons like"Save the world" or "Blow up the world", I'm in. MegasXLR got a car as a head, but it was ten time more destructive than berserk EVA-01. ^_^

However, I'll wait for popular comment before I started to watch it.

Well, as long it got buttons like"Save the world" or "Blow up the world", I'm in. MegasXLR got a car as a head, but it was ten time more destructive than berserk EVA-01. ^_^

You're comparing the destructive power of an oversided junk robot to one that ends the world? :blink:

Basquash looks awesome. Will give it a shot.

Otherwise we'll see custom valkyries in sneakers and doing slam dunk attacks against some sort of protoculture sports team that was deemed too dangerous to be allowed loose in the galaxy and were sealed away for many millennia until a UN expedition accidentally frees them.

You know what, dude? I actually like THIS idea. It would be like a Macross version of Space Jam.

You're comparing the destructive power of an oversided junk robot to one that ends the world? :blink:

Actually, MegasXLR is waaaaayyyy stronger than EVA-01. If EVA-01 can become god and end/reset the current world, MegasXLR can pretty much destroy worlds with just a simple press of a button.

IMO, the only super robots that can compete with MegasXLR in a pure POWER BRAWLING are Mazinkaiser, Shin Getter, Ideon, Shinsei Rahxephon, TTGL and potential Aquarion.

Sorry, dude, too much kanji for me to read. I'm still pretty noobish at kanji reading.

lol, same here, I'm having difficulties in reading a hand-written Kanji. ^_^

A trailer is up:

Fluid action, breakdancing, maybe a partnership with Nike, looks pretty good.

Eh, Nike is actually sponsoring the show IIRC.

Too bad the trailer is just the 1st trailer mixed up with credit, release a 2nd PV already, Satelight.