King Animation Bootleg Macross Frontier DVDs

Kamui 777

I don't have this dvd but try this, go to "Main Menu", go to "Language", and switch to "Manglish" okay sorry "English" smile.gif

Why don't you guys buy the originals ? It comes goodies as well (although no English subtitles !)

Ohhhhoooo, so you're busily promoting our MF pirated DVDs of Malaysian copies, eh?

Since I already have one (yeah, we Malaysians are cheapskates), ain't gonna blow my pocket on pricey originals since the economy nowadays in the dumps .....

Ohhhhoooo, so you're busily promoting our MF pirated DVDs of Malaysian copies, eh?

Since I already have one (yeah, we Malaysians are cheapskates), ain't gonna blow my pocket on pricey originals since the economy nowadays in the dumps .....

IMO, it's worth it to support BigWest.

Without merchandizing, the franchise would disappear... :rolleyes:

After the merchandizing has cooled, then by all means have at it, because only the re-sellers and auction posters make money then...

IMO, it's worth it to support BigWest.

Without merchandizing, the franchise would disappear... :rolleyes:

After the merchandizing has cooled, then by all means have at it, because only the re-sellers and auction posters make money then...

There's no point in supporting BW if they're not doing anything for fans on our end of the Pacific.

There's no point in supporting BW if they're not doing anything for fans on our end of the Pacific.

So being involved in bringing the latest installment of Macross has done nothing for fans in your end of the pacific <_<

Keep up that attitude and Frontier may well be the last.

"I love your show, its one of my all-time favorites... So F|_|cK you."

There's an attitude to have.

"I love your show, its one of my all-time favorites... So F|_|cK you."

There's an attitude to have.

:lol::lol::lol:

As opposed to, BW rep: "We know people who are not fluent in Japanese, and live in America/England/Australia/ect. like our show/franchise, and will import them to support us.... but oh well, no english subs for them. Good luck understanding and finding a translated script." :rolleyes:

A very vicious cycle indeed. :lol::ph34r:

In all honesty. I love Macross. But I will do whatever I can to get it. Be it officially importing them (if I can afford to) or by bootlegs, if they have good subs, or fansubs (The way I'v been going.) I supported Macross II and Plus when it came state side as well as the animego release of SDF, and if any other Macross series comes state side I will do the same. But unless BW puts english subs on the MF DVD/BR, or I'v seen it enough to understand it (Like DYRL and MF episode 25) in Japaneses. It's boots and fansubs, sorry. I do agree with supporting BW well the franchise has newly released series like MF, untill the cool down, but that still wont stop me from buying boots also. I have the FX version of DYRL P.E and also the officail release too, as well as the official vcd of the M7 movie. Some MW members need to understand that not all of us completely comprehend the Japanese language, have BR players or reigonless dvd players. Nor do all MW members know how to find fansubs, let alone burn them to a dvd, for there own use. Nor well off to pay the prices for the official release. I know I lack funds for them. i would love to have a remastered M7 or Plus box set, or the BR editions of MF, but I have other things I need to pay, like utilities-well mostly utilities. I can survive on instant Ramon and canned tuna for a few months. But still. My point is, some of us want to have the series in anyway we can, and hopefully in a way we can understand it/enjoy it, and would support it if it did come state side, or officially to where ever you live.

Edited by SkullLeaderVF-X

People's sense of entitlement sometimes disgusts me. "They're not making it available in my language (or my country), so I see no reason to pay for any of it" is essentially what it boils down to, most of the time.

I can totally understand that die-hard Macross fans will do whatever it takes to watch this show in a form that they can understand. But if this series ever makes it outside of Japan, OR if one has the means to do so (and I realize that some simply don't), for crying out loud, support this show by purchasing the merchandise! Even if it's just a stupid key chain (legally licensed, of course). Otherwise, those sorts of people are nothing but thieves (or hypocrites) and are hurting Big West, the creators, those who worked on the show, and are probably preventing more stuff from being made. Family Guy, Farscape, and Futurama are just some of the many examples where shows that got cut off were given new life in one form or another because fans supported the shows. So those who would say "my money would make no difference" can't really use that as an excuse; purchasing Macross merchandise now could spur more productions sooner rather than later.

Edit: Just to be clear, I'm not targeting anyone in particular; more of a rant on the one of the many attitudes that seem to be contributing to the decline of the North American anime industry as a whole. It's just that I've noticed that a lot of people seem to think they're entitled to having quick and easy access to stuff, and have no interest in paying for it, whether it's easily accessible across the Pacific or not (and that's the real sad part; the thing is available and they still choose not to buy it). For example, many of the series that were brought over here and were ultimately canceled could probably have been saved if just 10% or more of those who had downloaded a copy had just bought the series when it was released. I was quite surprised to hear that avg sales of anime DVDs for the NA market usually number in the thousands (likely) or tens of thousands (if you're lucky). Compare that to tens or even hundreds of thousands (millions?) of downloads for any given series. Yes, Virginia, your $$ do make a difference! Support the series that you like folks! :)

Edited by sdf2501

What I find funny is, alot of people say "support the series" "support the show", but how do you support a show, that technically was never meant to be seen in your country. Nor was it's merchandise meant to be sold in it as well? Is that a gray area? :huh: I'm not saying to not support the series, because I do when I can afford to (my yammies,artbooks, dvds and music cds can attend to it, as well as my copy of Ace frontier and VFX1&2). I also always make it a habit to get rid of my boots when any series is officially released state side. I dont want to come off as a hypocrite or someone whose does not support the series. Am just someone who loves Macross alot, and will try to get it anyway I may be able to, untill it gets a proper stateside release. ^_^

Am just someone who loves Macross alot, and will try to get it anyway I may be able to, untill it gets a proper stateside release. ^_^

I totally understand that. Heck, that was my attitude in high school and university, and as soon as I was able to get a decent job after I completed post-secondary was when I went back and started buying series from my VHS fansub collection that I really liked on DVD.

That said, a sale is a sale, which is probably why BV hasn't gone after anyone outside of their market who's imported it as they're well within their rights if they're only technically allowed to sell the stuff in Japan (Hollywood would do it, but they've got loads of $$ to begin with). It's too bad they don't track sales from overseas; that way, the rights holders could see just how many sales come from outside of Japan. If they had access to that metric, and people in NA knew about it, then if even 5-10% of current sales were to come from NA, it might persuade some of those people that yes, there is a market over here for this stuff, and numbers could potentially be higher due to something as simple as an accessibility issue. If people over here knew that their purchases made an impact, then I'm sure more people would purchase just to make a point.

I love Macross Frontier a lot, and I'll openly admit that it's the first ever series that I've ever imported from Japan. These Blu-rays are bloody expensive, and I've had to make some sacrifices to make it work, but if that's what it takes to show them that people care about this stuff, then so be it. Personally, I would love to be able to purchase it over here with proper translations, and spend any money I'd save on the toys, but until someone gets the message that people are willing to purchase this stuff outside of Japan (and HG goes the way of the dodo), this is the reality we have to live with.

What I find funny is, alot of people say "support the series" "support the show", but how do you support a show, that technically was never meant to be seen in your country. Nor was it's merchandise meant to be sold in it as well? Is that a gray area? :huh:

None of that matters. If you truly respect the show and it's creators, you should do what's right. At the very least you shouldn't support criminals.

Edited by Vifam7

I like how the price has dropped on that bootleg version - from 22.00 to 18.70 US dollars.

https://www.animeniacs.com/item/DVD2753.html

I swear the price dropped while I was reading this thread last night! :lol:

I think he may be running a sale...mine was discounted. I figured the sub thing out, it was my stupidity.

As far as buying the real deal, Iwould do so in a heart beat, but I can't speak Nippon :huh:. I guess we add another middle finger to HG :angry:

None of that matters. If you truly respect the show and it's creators, you should do what's right. At the very least you shouldn't support criminals.

I half heartedly agree with you. And respect your point.

I support it how ever I can afford to, when I can. Which is why imported the first two MF dvds. My wallet has thoroughly been raped. :(

Although I may have imported the first two dvds, i still will always be on the look out for the next hk boot set with better subs, untill an official release.

Actually what I'm wondering is if the Japanese DVD's for Macross Frontier have english subtitle settings? If they do I would just wait for all the Blu-ray's to come out and I'll buy all of the originals. If they don't I'm just gonna burn the subbed videos I downloaded onto some DVD's. I really do want to buy the originals just to have them as a collection or something because Macross Frontier is by far my favorite anime series so far, even with the disappointing romance ending we got lol. Edited by DeX-kun

I support the harem ending. :ph34r:

But I still think Alto chose the sky.

Really? Well there are some people that did support that ending but I just felt like he trolled it all the way lol. There wasn't any specific reason he did that because Ranka was actually intended as the "prize" so to speak but it was re-written and we ended up with this. I didn't care if he chose Sheryl or Ranka even though I did prefer Ranka lol, I just felt that it should have been one of the 2 girls because I felt cheated all the way through. Especially how he had the Triangular song playing in that last episode, it was just not right lol. Kawamori is evil and he knows it.

Really? Well there are some people that did support that ending but I just felt like he trolled it all the way lol. There wasn't any specific reason he did that because Ranka was actually intended as the "prize" so to speak but it was re-written and we ended up with this. I didn't care if he chose Sheryl or Ranka even though I did prefer Ranka lol, I just felt that it should have been one of the 2 girls because I felt cheated all the way through. Especially how he had the Triangular song playing in that last episode, it was just not right lol. Kawamori is evil and he knows it.

You know. To put it simply. Theres enough Alto to go around for Sheryl and Ranka. Hell am sure theres even enough for Klan and Nene. B)):lol:

Wow, one of the Sheryl fanatics here said before that Alto was originally going to pick Sheryl, but it was rewritten at the last minute to placate angry Ranka fans. Now you're saying that it was supposed to be Ranka before it was hastily rewritten...

Gosh, who's a boy to believe? And who does eveybody KNOW this information when, as far as I know, no Macrossworld members were present in the Big West studio for the writing of the series...

Wow, one of the Sheryl fanatics here said before that Alto was originally going to pick Sheryl, but it was rewritten at the last minute to placate angry Ranka fans. Now you're saying that it was supposed to be Ranka before it was hastily rewritten...

Gosh, who's a boy to believe? And who does eveybody KNOW this information when, as far as I know, no Macrossworld members were present in the Big West studio for the writing of the series...

Well don't get me wrong, I understand all the fanboy rants but only if it makes sense. Now I had no idea a Sheryl fan had said that but honestly that's less believable than what I said even though they are similar statements. I understand what you're trying to say as well lol, I do love Ranka's character and I support the Alto and Ranka pairing but I'm not delusional. I try to understand both sides of an argument before actually saying anything and I've been to boards where it is full of delusional Sheryl fans lol. As for me, well I base this off the direction of the series, Sheryl was diagnosed with that disease and it was revealed she was going to die and I was expecting Sheryl to die by the end but it didn't happen, now I'm not saying I want her to die but I was expecting it happen before I saw how she was magically cured. I like Sheryl's character and Kawamori has stated in a couple of articles that he had to do some massive rewrites after episode 5 I believe for Sheryl's character, and he even let Ohnogi handle Sheryl's character around episode 18-24 if I'm not mistaken. I just take this information into account and that's why I said what I said, I hope you don't view me as one of those delusional fan boys because I'm the type of person to get the facts before actually making assumptions.

Edited by DeX-kun

Gosh, who's a boy to believe?

What's worse is that in all likelihood we'll never see or hear anything from these characters ever again - much like with every other previous Macross iteration. So we'll probably never ultimately know what happens to any of these main characters' lives... :o

Well don't get me wrong, I understand all the fanboy rants but only if it makes sense. Now I had no idea a Sheryl fan had said that but honestly that's less believable than what I said even though they are similar statements. I understand what you're trying to say as well lol, I do love Ranka's character and I support the Alto and Ranka pairing but I'm not delusional. I try to understand both sides of an argument before actually saying anything and I've been to boards where it is full of delusional Sheryl fans lol. As for me, well I base this off the direction of the series, Sheryl was diagnosed with that disease and it was revealed she was going to die and I was expecting Sheryl to die by the end but it didn't happen, now I'm not saying I want her to die but I was expecting it happen before I saw how she was magically cured. I like Sheryl's character and Kawamori has stated in a couple of articles that he had to do some massive rewrites after episode 5 I believe for Sheryl's character, and he even let Ohnogi handle Sheryl's character around episode 18-24 if I'm not mistaken. I just take this information into account and that's why I said what I said, I hope you don't view me as one of those delusional fan boys because I'm the type of person to get the facts before actually making assumptions.

Don't worry, I don't think you're delusional (for the record, I don't think the Sheryl fans are delusional, either). But there is a vast gulf between saying "It seems to me that the ending must have been rewritten" and saying "the ending was rewritten."

Personally, I doubt they ever intended to kill Sheryl. Giving her a seemingly insolvable problem and then solving it...well, that's drama, right? Onogi made her more central than she otherwise would have been, but until I read something specifically stating that the ending was changed, I'll view that claim with skepticism.

Don't worry, I don't think you're delusional (for the record, I don't think the Sheryl fans are delusional, either). But there is a vast gulf between saying "It seems to me that the ending must have been rewritten" and saying "the ending was rewritten."

Personally, I doubt they ever intended to kill Sheryl. Giving her a seemingly insolvable problem and then solving it...well, that's drama, right? Onogi made her more central than she otherwise would have been, but until I read something specifically stating that the ending was changed, I'll view that claim with skepticism.

I agree, that's why I'm constantly saying "it seems to me" instead of claiming it fact. I avoid stating things as fact because I didn't write the story and I don't know what was going on in Kawamori's head. I'm disappointed at the fact that Kawamori ended this series so soon and that I was actually interested in seeing what would happen next after they landed on that planet. I wish there was something more because the ending didn't give me that sense of closure that I usually feel. Besides the Vajra turning out to be not so bad, there really were a lot of questions left unanswered besides the romance. 25 episodes simply did not do it for me, I felt like it could have gone at least another 15 episodes. The older series at least did things to give endings with closure to an extent but Macross Frontier was a little more open and didn't do the job for me, but what's amazing is that this series still is my favorite anime so far. I've probably done marathons 5 times already and it still doesn't get old for me lol. The number of episodes just isn't enough to satisfy my crave for the lives of all these characters, I wish Kawamori would do something with them and break this "tradition" he has, because in my opinion, it deserves more.

Edited by DeX-kun

why don't we wait until the Macross F movie is out ? It may have a alternate ending with Alto choosing one of the girls.

It better have something to give me a sense of closure lol, the problem is that they already said that the movie will pretty much be a re-make of the TV series. What I want to see is a better version of it, either that or I would love to see the story continue from where the story left off at the end of episode 25 where both Sheryl and Ranka said "this is where it all begins." That ending just feels like there should be more lol. Anyway, yes Kawamori better do something otherwise I'm going to lost my mind 0_o

Hey guys, this thread is for the bootlegs not the Shippers, plots, remake movie, etc

As for me, I try to support the franchise by buying the CD's or something related when I found a good price (import here is almost suicidal)

But seriously. why I should bother in buy a BD or a DVD without subs or dub? Just to put them in a showcase, that's only would increase the quantity of dust to clean xD

My personal choice is to make myself the DVD patches with the better subs that I can found around and share it free. And of course, I'm doing only the english subs because If I do the spanish (which would be the logical in my case) in a matter of weeks I found them for sale in regular anime stores (not joke), and I refuse to support that.

Not to mention that I truly hate HG

Hey guys, this thread is for the bootlegs not the Shippers, plots, remake movie, etc

As for me, I try to support the franchise by buying the CD's or something related when I found a good price (import here is almost suicidal)

But seriously. why I should bother in buy a BD or a DVD without subs or dub? Just to put them in a showcase, that's only would increase the quantity of dust to clean xD

My personal choice is to make myself the DVD patches with the better subs that I can found around and share it free. And of course, I'm doing only the english subs because If I do the spanish (which would be the logical in my case) in a matter of weeks I found them for sale in regular anime stores (not joke), and I refuse to support that.

Not to mention that I truly hate HG

sowwie. :(

So....Do you have a link to these videos of MF with awesome subs? ;)

So being involved in bringing the latest installment of Macross has done nothing for fans in your end of the pacific <_<

Keep up that attitude and Frontier may well be the last.

I'm looking for the chance to see Macross Frontier... hell, even Macross Zero, in official releases here in the United States. I know the legal problems, but what's happened?

Nothing.

Absolutely NOTHING.

I try to buy official stuff whenever possible, but again, nothing. No official English subs of anything past SDF:M.

So again... there's nothing, absolutely nothing.

Edited by Warmaker