King Animation Bootleg Macross Frontier DVDs

Kamui 777

Why pay for pirated rubbish. If they are the usual chinese crap the sub titles will be gibberish for the most part.

Well, I enjoy having DVDs, and I'm not in front of a computer long enough to download files.

I mean, aren't all English subs/dubs of Frontier right now pirated?

I would have buy it if its as cheap as the China version of 8 DVD5 for just $5USD http://auction1.taobao.com/auction/item_de...7dafc7767.jhtml

If you could read Chinese.

T1nINcXfJhtkCFXUET_013327.jpg_sum.jpg

Why do I get the feeling that the logo is actually Polidred's illustrator version that he did did early last summer. I've seen it pop up on a few websites along with a couple of the early wallpapers I did... :rolleyes:

I'd have to see it up close to know for sure.

As for Chinese knock offs, be sure not to pay more than $10 because that's all they'd be worth. I've taken to downloading torrents of the quality subtitled versions and burning on to standard DVD using VSO's "Convert X". At least that way I'm getting the best translations out there, shy of professional efforts.

Of course I am also getting the Bluray discs from Japan... B))

Edited by Zinjo

I got a malaysian Frontier DVD set from ebay that is pretty darned good and cheap with Chinese, Malay and English Subs. The English Subs are actually quite good.

That's unusual.

I bought an Asian version of Howl's Moving Castle and not only was it a camera bootleg, but the subs looked like they were translated by a marine, with all the cussing coming from characters... :blink:

that's is true, over here on every street light there are tons of people selling bootleg DVD's of movies and everyone buys them, until the news took out a report about the movie piracy over here being funded by drug money from Colombia and the profits of it probably go for more drug enterprises or bogus ghost businesses

to answer your question, if you preffer buying and watching DVD's instead of downloading them, that's you're thing, it's actually saner than staring at a computer all day, but you run the risk of bad quality image or improper subs that will make certain aspects of the show a bit confusing, and Macross Frontier sometimes gets very confusing

best advice I could give you is get a nerdy friend (we all have one) that could do you the favor or perhaps pay him to download gg subbed episodes and burn them to a couple of dvd's for you, good luck!

that's is true, over here on every street light there are tons of people selling bootleg DVD's of movies and everyone buys them, until the news took out a report about the movie piracy over here being funded by drug money from Colombia and the profits of it probably go for more drug enterprises or bogus ghost businesses

to answer your question, if you preffer buying and watching DVD's instead of downloading them, that's you're thing, it's actually saner than staring at a computer all day, but you run the risk of bad quality image or improper subs that will make certain aspects of the show a bit confusing, and Macross Frontier sometimes gets very confusing

best advice I could give you is get a nerdy friend (we all have one) that could do you the favor or perhaps pay him to download gg subbed episodes and burn them to a couple of dvd's for you, good luck!

I say download the fansubs and buy at least one dvd of the official releases to support the Macross franchise if you're out to spend money. Better than sending it to bootleggers.

Edited by OptimusX

I mean, aren't all English subs/dubs of Frontier right now pirated?

I don't consider the fan subs of the FREE to air TV show as pirates since it just a recording of the FREE to air show with some helpful sub-titles added. Surely you record TV shows you can't watch when they originally air, so what's the difference.

Where I draw the line is when people start charging for these usually by doctoring the subs to remove the fan-subbers references and passing them off as legitimate releases or when they do copy the legitimate DVD/Blue-Ray releases. I consider that pirating and won't download them and I will usually buy the DVD's if I liked the show.

One thing to remember with this Frontier set is that the legitimate DVD/Blue-Ray releases are only up to Vol 4 (ep 8 - 10) with Vol 5 (ep 11 - 13) not out until 19 Dec & Vol 6 ( ep 14 - 16) not out until 23 Jan next year, so this KA set is just a copy of the FREE to air TV series with no extras included. So why pay for it :blink::blink::blink:

And yes I have been buying the legitimate Blue-Ray releases ;)

Edited by thegunny

Truth to tell, what may be an original Malaysian export may be a bootleg by other country's standard. Animes here are sold cheap and they are done by locally legitimate companies here to keep the cost down. Though not as big and as well done as big names such as Viz, Manga, etc., the subtitles for the most part are pretty decent, some of them are even surprisingly good. And no, no "cam record" copies if they're sold in boxes :p The quality is a bit lower than what you'd expect from higher end companies but it is still quite good and decent.

I got a malaysian Frontier DVD set from ebay that is pretty darned good and cheap with Chinese, Malay and English Subs. The English Subs are actually quite good.

Just that the Cover of the dvd box wrote Macross Seven which borders me, and they make the letter "O" of macrOss frontier to look like the Macross Zero design makes me feel like they were so desperate to sell it.

Anyone knows when the original with Eng sub for DVD and BR will be out? Not those one disc per packaging like now, can't afford that. ^_^

Truth to tell, what may be an original Malaysian export may be a bootleg by other country's standard. Animes here are sold cheap and they are done by locally legitimate companies here to keep the cost down. Though not as big and as well done as big names such as Viz, Manga, etc., the subtitles for the most part are pretty decent, some of them are even surprisingly good. And no, no "cam record" copies if they're sold in boxes :p The quality is a bit lower than what you'd expect from higher end companies but it is still quite good and decent.

It doesn't matter how you dress up the description they are still pirates. Bandai Visual is the official distributer and I bet you won't see their name on the case.

As they are releasing the entire series they can only be copies of TV episodes as all the DVD episodes haven't been released yet and won't be until well into next year and as such why pay for them when they are available for download without much effort and it's quite easy to put them on DVD if you don't want to sit in front of your PC to watch them.

I made my own set-top playable DVDs (works well in my household, with kids who also want to watch). I just downloaded fansub avi's with hardsubs, re-encoded them with CleanerXL, and worked from there. I use Adobe Encore, make motion menus with music clipped from the OSTs (trimmed up in Audition) - all the bells & whistles. Then I do my own disk art, and inkjet print it on printable disks with a specialized printer.

I figure that'll do well enough for me until the real thing comes out for region 1.

post-1561-1228760529_thumb.jpg

Never

You know whom blamimg of it

Actually all that is really needed is for someone with lots O' cash to pay for a good dub or at least a coherent subtitle track and then sell said items to Bandai Visual to include with the Bluray releases.

Essentially the R2 International version of Mac Plus did this with the subs and dubs made by Manga Ent.

With the North American market essentially blocked from Macross branded productions, this is the only way around the blockade for Bigwest (outside of growing the stones to fight for their rightfully owned trademark).

The current license for Macross Frontier is pretty restricted to Japan, the license does not even extend to HK. That is why you don't see Bandai Asia (HK) selling Macross Frontier toys. Having said that, if you want to buy the original DVDs or Blue Rays, you have to buy the Region 2 DVD or Region 1 BR from Japan which unfortunately does not have English subtitles.

As for the Malaysian dvds, they are bootlegs as the manufacturers does not have the license to produce the dvds.

Here is a new set of Macross Fronteir DVDs ......don't know about theauthenticity or quality, however.....

https://www.animeniacs.com/item/DVD2756.html

post-8287-1229290709_thumb.jpg

You know I bought two dvd sets of Macross Frontier. One from E-bay and one from AnimeArigto, both Malaysian import (supposed to be authentic :rolleyes: ). Any ways, both have surprisingly good subs up untill episode 25 (For some reason they get real shitty there). The one i purchased from e-bay looks like this:

macrossfrontierdvdboxset-449x273.png

Came with a copy of the OST 1 also.

The second set was this one:

thumbff.jpg

Out of both sets, this one /\ is my favorite. The only complaint, is again episode 25's sub quality (I know it's not a offical dvd release and shouldnt expect much), and the dvd skips chapters if you fast forward (on my dvd player and others in my house, it wouid do this).

I don't really watch them much anymore since I downloaded all MF episodes (including Yahk Deculture) and converted them to play on my PSP. So now I have better quality subs of MF on my 16 GB memory card as well as the Macross DYRL Perfect Edition with better subs that Hurin, Ali Sama and Mechamaniac did (thank you three very much!Great work)!! B))

Edited by SkullLeaderVF-X

I made my own set-top playable DVDs (works well in my household, with kids who also want to watch). I just downloaded fansub avi's with hardsubs, re-encoded them with CleanerXL, and worked from there. I use Adobe Encore, make motion menus with music clipped from the OSTs (trimmed up in Audition) - all the bells & whistles. Then I do my own disk art, and inkjet print it on printable disks with a specialized printer.

I figure that'll do well enough for me until the real thing comes out for region 1.

Whoa!! Wait a sec......another macross fan in my neck of the woods!? Dear god I thought I was the only one!!

Nice looking set BTW.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

So I got the Fronteir set above, with Rankas half-face, and I am having trouble getting the subtitles to came on. Anyone else had this kind of problem ?

I don't have this dvd but try this, go to "Main Menu", go to "Language", and switch to "Manglish" okay sorry "English" :)

Why don't you guys buy the originals ? It comes goodies as well (although no English subtitles !)

Edited by vanpang

I think the bootleggers got the cover from Japan Pizza Hut's Macross F promotional poster, those sly b#$tards !

I got it from Pizza Hut's their website, via some link or another. It was free wallpaper, as I understand it. I used it as the cover for one of my disks.

So I got the Fronteir set above, with Rankas half-face, and I am having trouble getting the subtitles to came on. Anyone else had this kind of problem ?

I have the set and i always have to use the in movie screen to get them to work the settings menu subtitle button seems to be useless on all three disks.