The Disgruntled Anime Fan: The Robotech Macross Mystery

Einherjar

This coming from someone who writes "spiderman" instead of the correct "Spider-Man"... I mean, what do you know? If you had watched the great youtube video chronicle: Robotech and how it saved western civilisation, you would know that that the "chinese factory" story was one that was fabricated by crazed japanese cartoon fans who tried to derail the great robotech sequel Sentinels in order to push their own crappy sequel: Marcos Plus, which itself was just a crappy remake of the greatest american action movie of all time, Top Gun.

19pl45.jpg

what are you talking about? everyone and their mother knows that Carl Macek's visionary adaptation of McKinney's was quashed by the Japanese so that they could steal his original work on the project so they could make the abortion they call Macross II. Just like they killed the Robotech movie, then stole the original animation to make megazone 25 or whatever the heck it was called.

Mr. March - is that incredibly Awesome picture from Calvin and Hobbes?:) Calvin as a T-Rex piloting an F-14? :)

And just to stay on topic: This whole thread has gotten me thinking - how many other Japanese movies have been ripoffs of famous American productions?

Of the top of my head:

Godzilla --------------> Ripped off by Japanese from Jurrasic Park

Bruce Lee -----------> Japanese ripoff of the Karate Kid

I'm sure there are more, but off the top of my head I can't think of any other Japanese films or productions. It just boggles the mind that they are so incapable of producing any original works over there.

Sheesh.

Pete

Man, this thread has gone completely off-topic, but I LOVE IT!!! :lol:

Really, as a big fan of irony, it's nice to see everyone being ironic...and, more importantly, EVERYONE ELSE UNDERSTANDING THAT IT'S IRONIC.

This kind of high-level communication is so rare on the the internets that it should be cherished.

And for anyone saying that Doug Bendo should post here, didn't you listen to his first podcast? He said that the Macrossworld staff INVITED him to write stuff for the website, and he refused.

...And I'm sure it happened EXACTLY LIKE THAT, too.

Really, as a big fan of irony, it's nice to see everyone being ironic...and, more importantly, EVERYONE ELSE UNDERSTANDING THAT IT'S IRONIC.

Gubabab stop being a troll! No one is being ironic here! Don't you get it yet!? ROBOTECH WAS FIRST!!! FIRST CAME THE NOVELS, THEN THE CARTOON AND ONLY LATER DID THE JAPANESE STEEL IT WITH THEIR ANYME! HOW HARD IS IT FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND THAT!!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!??!??!!?!?!?!?

And for anyone saying that Doug Bendo should post here, didn't you listen to his first podcast? He said that the Macrossworld staff INVITED him to write stuff for the website, and he refused.

...And I'm sure it happened EXACTLY LIKE THAT, too.

I'll have you know that it WAS like that! WHY do you think the forum went down for Thanksgiving?! Shawn and Graham were trying to set it up so that Doug Bendo's podcasts would play automatically whenever you opened the forum!

You'll see Doug Bendo will soon be the third admin! Yamatoe isn't talking to Graham anymore because Graham promised Doug to switch everything around and make Marcos World into BattleTechLand!

So there!

(Sorry Graham for letting the secret out - hope you're not angry with me - but I just can't stand how disinformationed Gubababa is and he really has an IQ that is misunderestimated in terms of how low it can go!

Sheesh

Pete

Who the F is Doug Bendo? Is that Bender back in time and taking over a human body to serve as a host?

Doug Bendo is a friggin' delusional Homotech fan that believes Robotech is inifinitely suprerior to Macross and that it is alive and thriving unlike the dying Macross franchise. I first saw this bastard on Robotech.com when I used to post there and was subsequently banned for my comments toward Bendo and towards this other idiot that sees Macross designs as unfeasable, but he loves the idea of a transforming crustacean and yada yada yada that Macross designs are unoriginal and Robotech tried sooo hard to make the animation between the sagas merge seamlessly. I guess since the iPod/podcast/blog revolution Bendo has upped his forms of communicating his opinions. He's probably reading this now, hey, if your reeding, I use to be USN Hornet Pilot on RT,com. :p Haha, well, if anybody has anything to add to my analysis, go on ahead. :lol: