VF-4 Resin Kit

Evil Bones

avoid monsterinmotion like the plague...they're service is terrible and their casting is filled with smudges, very thin or no panel line detail, bubbles and sh*tty canopy, close to imposible to work with...

do a search on it and you will find the horror stories, I suggest try posting on the wanted section for Valk009 vf-4, best one i've seen

I had that kit and sold it to someone else, it's horrible, their castings are total crap and yes their customer service is too. They say it's shipped, don't hold your breath until the thing is sitting on your doorstep.

• 3 weeks later...
Now that you mention it - is that it?

No, that's the 1/72 custom kit shown in Model Graphix of January 2009. On the modeler's website there are a few more pictures. Not sure if he's going to sell the cast offs.

http://mokei.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2008/11/1129-bf61.html

I think edwin3060 is referring to the Bandai VF100's series. The VF-4 is included on the poster. Thread here:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=27428

Toy companies are not releasing any VF-4 products is most likely because of the license issue. The VF-4 was featured in the FlashBack animation. The animation was very short with many old clips and most importantly no new mechas besides the VF-4, which only appeared for like less than a minute. Viewing this as a corporation, the figures just does not add up making it worthwhile obtaining the license!

the VF-4 had a more screen time than the max Q-Rau and similar time to the Kakizaki DYRL VF-1A but this two later got released

and the Max VF-1S that had one of the most memorable dogfight scenes has not gotten released either, what gives, they just don't want to give us what we really want, hehehehehehehe!!

ok ok, looking it with another perspective, I guess releasing a toy that only got animated 7 seconds in a 30 minute music video isn't a good idea...one would think

the VF-4 had a more screen time than the max Q-Rau and similar time to the Kakizaki DYRL VF-1A but this two later got released

and the Max VF-1S that had one of the most memorable dogfight scenes has not gotten released either, what gives, they just don't want to give us what we really want, hehehehehehehe!!

ok ok, looking it with another perspective, I guess releasing a toy that only got animated 7 seconds in a 30 minute music video isn't a good idea...one would think

But demand for the VF-4 seems to be higher than for the Kakizaki VF-1! (Granted, production costs for Kakizaki are wayyy lower since they use the same moulds as other VF-1s) At the very least Hasegawa should release a kit.

But demand for the VF-4 seems to be higher than for the Kakizaki VF-1! (Granted, production costs for Kakizaki are wayyy lower since they use the same moulds as other VF-1s)

Bingo. It's much easier to make a Kakizaki 1A (or a Max 1S, or, heaven forbid, a Kakizaki 1S) than it is to make an entirely new VF-4 mold. And the mold is not easily reusable, unlike most of the other Hasegawa kits, 'cause they've only ever shown one VF-4...no variant colors or anything (well, I suppose they could release a "Mahara Type" from Macross 7 Trash, but that would probably not be a hit).

I'd love to see one, but unless Hasegawa gets a really big bump in sales sometime soon, I doubt I ever will. :(