Any plans from Yamato to release Limited Edition?

wwkkim

Personally I highly doubt it. From what I recall, the Weathered VF-1S was a big let down, what with the Fast Food spray job and the blue box... plus, the downward economic trends likely mean people will consider a 'regular' Yamato to be a treasure at this point, so why bother pushing them with another "limited version" ?

Just my hunch. I'll probably be wrong as usual :)

Pete

In fact, the limited editions are not much more expensive in Japan, only for overseas people like us would suffer from another limited model instead of regular model.

The difference is, if I am in Japan, if there's a limited model, I would buy it more sooner in case it is all gone. That boosts sales in a short period I guess; the downside is, you cannot re-issue the model.

Personally, I feel they should scrap the idea of making anything Macross exclusive. They don't directly benefit retailers, they certainly will cause extra money & trouble for the collectors who want them. If their rationale for this, is that the products don't well (if not exclusive), they shouldn't bother making them at all. Or if they are looking to boost their brand equity through this exercise, we'll hate them more for it instead. Exclusives be damned. :lol:

Personally, I feel they should scrap the idea of making anything Macross exclusive. They don't directly benefit retailers, they certainly will cause extra money & trouble for the collectors who want them. If their rationale for this, is that the products don't well (if not exclusive), they shouldn't bother making them at all. Or if they are looking to boost their brand equity through this exercise, we'll hate them more for it instead. Exclusives be damned. :lol:

"Exclusives be damned." Agree.

^_^

Exclusives are bad to us collectors.

I very much agree that if it doesn't seem to sell well enough in the long run, it shouldn't be produced at all. If it sells well, it shouldn't be exclusive.

I have a "build to order" concept though. Say, Yamato will manufacture the model once it get sufficient orders. If it doesn't receive enough orders in 6 months, you get a refund, etc etc. We would all be happy people.

Well, if the question is do we want another exclusive - then I agree with the majority on this point: I don't... and here's why:

Exclussives are fine if you're dealing with cheap toylines like Transformers of GI Joe, where every toy is in many ways compromised and not really high class; and then you take one or two of them, paint them pink or gold or black or whatever and say "exclussive!" - fine...

But ALL of the Yamato valkyrie are perfect - that is the goal. That is the idea. All of them must be the best possible.

So what exactly is an 'exclussive' supposed to look like? The Weathered 1/48 Roy shows us, that it can only look WORSE.

Or are they supposed to produce a super duper new mould - say a VF-17 at 1/60 scale, invest all the resources into making that and then announce "we're only producing 1000 of these! Exclussive!"

That would be silly for them :)

Exclussives don't work when you're dealing with what is essentially an exclussive upper market range of goods.

Pete

Exclusives make a lot of sense when they allow manufacturers to make toys that may not sell well enough at volume. That said, a lot of companies aren't using exclusives for this reason any more which sucks. An exclusive Alaska Base VF-1 would be great because there's only enough demand for a couple hundred to sell and I'd rather it be made and made exclusive than not made at all. Exclusive stuff that's central to a show and will have huge demands (like a weathering VF-1S or Alto super parts) is just lame.

The weathered versions are not so bad... even if it was a douche... everyone has bought their normal versions... so we get to choose to buy it or not. The 1/48 VF1A TV Max exclusive is... now that is fricking enema. I hope they make sure it has zero problem... otherwise it will be like giving hug to a very old buddie and his colostomy bag burst. ^_^

In March the 1/48 TV Max 1A comes out (magazine limited). Around the same time the 1/48 Hikaru 1S Strike comes out (limited to like 100 pieces). The end of this month the 1/60 Weathering Edition Tomahawk comes out.

I'm already working overtime....damn. I want that 1/48 Hikaru 1S Strike when it comes out. I bought the Hikaru VF-1S and the fast packs seperately, when it came out. I want it in a bundle. Why does it have to come at the same time... this, grimlock, maybe the VF-11B. Just my luck :angry:

I'm already working overtime....damn. I want that 1/48 Hikaru 1S Strike when it comes out. I bought the Hikaru VF-1S and the fast packs seperately, when it came out. I want it in a bundle. Why does it have to come at the same time... this, grimlock, maybe the VF-11B. Just my luck :angry:

It's so limited (100 units?) that I consider it does not exist.

You'll probably pay less to get a good modeler to help you air-brush the weathering effect.

Edited by ff95gj

I want a v2. 1/60 Low Viz 1!!!!

I'm not against LE's as long as they're not Japan or shop/magazine exclusives <_<

The 1/48 Low Viz 1 was a LE because Yamato made less units, but everybody could buy it. I bought my second Low Viz for $80!!!

Nobody wanted the low viz until it was sold out :lol:

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

It's not a bundle per-se. It's a "weathering edition" and limited to 100 pieces via raffle. It's part of the same deal with ordering the limited Edition 1/48 Max TV-1A. If you ordered the TV-1A you were put in the Hik 1S raffle. You would already know if you had won.

It's not a bundle per-se. It's a "weathering edition" and limited to 100 pieces via raffle. It's part of the same deal with ordering the limited Edition 1/48 Max TV-1A. If you ordered the TV-1A you were put in the Hik 1S raffle. You would already know if you had won.

Ahh.. thanks for clarifying it for me.....

What I wanted was a 1/48 Hikaru VF-1S with the strike/fast pack combo. I have both but I wanted it on one box. Thats why I ask if it was a bundle. Im not sure if I made my intentions clear. Didnt really care if it was weathering or not.... appreciate for clearing this up

Edited by Hikaru VF-1S

I want a v2. 1/60 Low Viz 1!!!!

I'm not against LE's as long as they're not Japan or shop/magazine exclusives <_<

The 1/48 Low Viz 1 was a LE because Yamato made less units, but everybody could buy it. I bought my second Low Viz for $80!!!

Nobody wanted the low viz until it was sold out :lol:

I would buy a 1/60 v2 Low Viz 1 and 2. I hope they make them.

And I agree, limiteds are great if you can manage to get them before they're gone. I had a 1/60 -1A CF TRU and the 1/48 -1A Low Viz 1. Sold both for a hefty profit when I got tired of them (got rid of the CF TRU to get a couple non-limited CFs when they came out so I could sticker them, got rid of the Low Viz 1 for a Low Viz 2). I agree about shop/magazine exclusives too <_< I hate looking through Gundam releases only to find most of the cool stuff was magazine-only <_<

Vostok 7

Edited by Vostok 7

So how limited is the Weathered Tomahawk? I see it's fetching more than $200 with shipping on eBay. That's not worth it to me. I don't even think the retail price for the regular Tomahawk is worth it.

Is it somewhere along the lines of the Revoltech VF-1J Miria Exclusive limited? Not to knock samurai-monkey, but if I had known how easy these are to come by on eBay, I would have waited to get one. It's why I haven't committed to ordering one of the exclusive VF-1A TV Max's from Save. I'm thinking it's going to cost a premium to get, but not so much. Of course, since it cost more since it's a large item, maybe not as many sellers in Japan ordered as many since it also meant having to buy two of the Macross Chronicles magazines, too. Hopefully, it'll be released in numbers to satisfy all those that really want it.

I think we're all going to find the TV-1A will not be so hard to get. I'm sure every HKer worth his Macross salt is figuring ways out to get them. On the thin chance I'm wrong though, I've gone ahead and made arrangements to get one. I did the same thing with the Weathering destroid but I suspect that will be more scarce than the TV-1A. As we've seen with the Roy 1S though, if it's popular enough they may do another window of them at a later date. I'm guessing we could also expect a Weathering Defender.