Not sure which figure to purchase?

jedimech

Hi Guys,

Recently, i am pondering on which yamato figure to buy? Below is the 2 options that i am pondering from:

- 1/48 VF-1J Super Valkyrie (Max Jenius)

or

- 1/60 YF-19 (Normal type, not the 25th Anniversary)

Can anyone give me suggestions as to which figure is a wiser choice to get?

Thanks!!

Hi Guys,

Recently, i am pondering on which yamato figure to buy? Below is the 2 options that i am pondering from:

or

Thanks!!

YF-19 for me. Its just overall a cooler valk than the VF-1J :lol: . There's also a VF-1J in the 1/60 scale, you might also consider that instead of the 1/48. But if I was made to choose between the two you mentioned, I'd go for the YF-19. Just my personal preference.

I think we need a "What Should I buy/put your questions here" thread because this looks to be the third such thread opened in the last week - and usually, these aren't topics that really go anywhere...

As to the question:

I agree with Getsuga.

Get the 19 in 1/60 scale, and then get the 1J in 1/60 v.2 scale later.

If you have no 1/48s then don't bother with them - use your money on 1/60s.

Us people who have 1/48s are happy with them to be sure - but if I were starting fresh, I'd just skip them and get all 1/60s.

Pete

jedimech dont think twice the 1:48 vf1j super max dont have any competition, even when the 1:60 comes out, the 1:48 in fighter mode is better and much more in super armor.....dont think it twice please..............you never be disapointed

THough I dont have either of them, if it were me, I'd probably get the 1/48 Max: the plane may be floppy during transformations, but at least it does not break (VF-1S shoulders, etc). All of my 1/48 experiences have been positive, whereas the new 1/60 not so much. The reflex missiles are always a bit loose (though I got lucky with my stealth valk), but the detailing is superb.

The fact that you also have millia is also a big plus.

I have a Miria/Millia 1/48, but never got a Max. I seriously to this day detest the shade of blue that Yamato (and supposedly Kawamori) picked out for it. I much prefer the 1/55 editions in terms of colour.

And I have both M&M 1/55s but the great sin is that I have never displayed them together, as they are apart in different countries. Alas, perhaps someday, the twain shall meet...

EDIT for spelling again (boy I'm on a roll today)

Edited by Renato

Hi Guys,

or

Thanks!!

my first one is VF-1S Hikaru from DYRL. i've decided to buy this one cause it's close to my fan heart... Max is a good choice :D

Edited by crescens

New/different mold > repaint.

For me, anyway. :) Just minimizing the diminishing marginal returns ... you get new paint AND new design.

It doesn't hurt either that the 1/60 YF-19 is a very awesome toy indeed - beautiful in fighter, but absolutely unbelieveable in battroid.

1_60yf19wfoldboosterandfastpackparts.JPG

I got Millia (Quid Rau) and never got a Max :) No way I'm sharing her with anybody! :)

Pete

trying to rewrite the history ? ^_^

trying to rewrite the history ?

As usual :)

or me, anyway. smile.gif Just minimizing the diminishing marginal returns ... you get new paint AND new design.

It doesn't hurt either that the 1/60 YF-19 is a very awesome toy indeed - beautiful in fighter, but absolutely unbelieveable in battroid.

This is an interesting conjecture- theoretically, you are right that every subsequent VF-1 should theoretically incur diminishing marginal returns; but I would question that - after all, it would be like saying that if you were in bed with Misa, and then Minmay came in and said "can I join the both of you?" - then letting her in would dimminish your marginal returns? And then, if Ranka and Sheryl burst in and said "he! Us too!" would marginal returns diminish further? Of course, you could argue that perhaps macronized Klan Klan joining the fun WOULD diminish marginal returns, but not because you added another unit, but rather due to geometrical problems that result in, as Borat might say, CRUSHING! :)

But yeah - you make a good point. The YF-19 is indeed auwesome and it's so very different...

Dag...

I guess in this case I'm going to have to recommend what I usually tell people:

JUST - GET - THEM - ALL ;)

Pete

JUST - GET - THEM - ALL ;)

sounded like Macross and Pokemon fans - unite~! :p but i must agree, i gotta get ( catch? :D ) them all ^_^ still thinking which i should order next @_@

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE (NightmareEX @ Dec 18 2008, 05:58 PM) *

I am quite skeptical on Yamato toy line. Enlighten me.

There are more than enough threads intimately dissecting each and every toy Yamato has produced. Go read them instead of expecting to be spoon-fed.

Reaches for spoon:

1) Don't let the prices scare you away. Plan on buying one Valkyrie every two or three months for the next 10 years. 30% of them will break. You will love the rest.

Happy collecting.

Pete

Reaches for spoon:

1) Don't let the prices scare you away. Plan on buying one Valkyrie every two or three months for the next 10 years. 30% of them will break. You will love the rest.

Happy collecting.

Pete

And possibly, even love the ones you hate and buy multiples, but still bitch about them and Yamato liberally on the forums non-stop except for the first 15 posts of a new release of theirs until someone else points out the smallest flaw.

Vostok 7