139 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• VF-0 Series
    • VF-1 Series (1/60 v.2)
    • VF-1 Series (1/48)
    • SV-51 Series
    • YF-19
    • YF-21

ff95gj - you have just inspired me. I am going to go pose my Nora like in that anime screen grab and see how it compares! Be right back!...

Pete

Can't wait!!!!!!!

Owing to lack of display space (or living space in that matter), my collections go back to the boxes after a short while (always waiting for the day when I move to a bigger house). So I am unable to try it myself in near future...

P.S. I had bought the Nora before I watched Macross Zero, so I didn't try that pose before I put it back into box.

P.P.S. Besides this scene, I don't have much memory about the battroid mode of the SV-51. Think it mostly appears in fighter mode (of course!) and when in close range, gerwalk mode.

Edited by ff95gj

Here you go folks: Compare all you want:

msgi2w.jpg

24y7g9u.jpg

28w4yw.jpg

Note: I did misalighn the hip machine gun on the left hip - so sue me :)

As for everything else - two things become aparent as I was trying to match the figure up to the anime:

1) The Wing silli...silly...err...oh - the shape of the wings in Battroid mode is different

2) My Nora has a very tight right wing hinge which limits its' posseability whereas the left wing hinge is fine an allows me to make the wing more "vast" thanks to it. I've just now - doing these poses - noticed that the wing hinge on the right wing is so utterly tight that it refuses to bend - and I'm going to have to wonder about how to address this. Might check Ivanov to see how he shapes up.

Pete

Well - I honestly can't vote for any of the choices. Reason is simple: all of them are great - and of course I'm assuming the 19 and 21 are 1/60... I would be really hard pressed to sellect "the best" here.

It's not like we're being asked to choose the best Megatron design - G1/ARmada/BW/ etc etc etc. Yamato's philosophy is to design the most accurate figures possible given the anime and line art. They have done so with all of the above and I can't bring myself to vote one above the other.

Pete

The VFOS by Yamato has a transformation scheme that is not anime-accurate :)

Hate to break it to ya, but if you take a look at the first transformation of the VFOS in Zero, it clearly shows the legs coming down on big, ugly Bandai chunky monkey swing bars :)

Yamato's VFOS doesn't have swing bars! It's too beautiful to win :)

Pete

The VFOS by Yamato has a transformation scheme that is not anime-accurate :)

Hate to break it to ya, but if you take a look at the first transformation of the VFOS in Zero, it clearly shows the legs coming down on big, ugly Bandai chunky monkey swing bars :)

Yamato's VFOS doesn't have swing bars! It's too beautiful to win :)

Pete

Watching Macross Zero again, I have to admit that VF0s are the most beautiful valk ever made. I mean, it is just a great blend of classic valk style with modern stylishness....................

1/60 v2 for the proportion. (I have only seen pictures of the other valks series though as I do not own any of them).

@VFTF1

Is that a Bandai action base stand? How did you mod it to carry a Yamato Valk? Or is there a link I can follow?

The SV-51 comes with a stand. B))

1/60 v2 for the proportion. (I have only seen pictures of the other valks series though as I do not own any of them).

@VFTF1

Is that a Bandai action base stand? How did you mod it to carry a Yamato Valk? Or is there a link I can follow?

@VFTF1

Yeah, like ff95qi said - that is the stand included by Yamato with all their SV-51s :)

The Yamato YF-21 1/60 also has the same stand, although it is clear and not black.

Pete

vf 1j super stealth in fither mode that is for sure, never compare the super vf1 1:60 v2 with this baby....never!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1/60 YF-19. For all it's minor flaws, it's too damn cool looking. Best valk ever. Period.

Voted for the YF-19 too. I just find the design very cool and pleasing to look at. Its my favorite valk up to date. Now if Yamato would only make the VF-17 Nightmare, that would most likely change my vote B))

One only need look at my sig to know how I voted... wink.gif

-Kyp

Ok... this is really embarrasing for me. I've been on these boards over a year now I think, I've got all of the Macross series watched and all - except II, Encore and Dynamite... I have a big collection of Yamato valkyrie (well, big for me...one of each type pretty much)....

But honestly - I have no clue what's in your sig :(

It looks like it has the nose of the YF-19 - but the wings are not inverted - or at least they don't seem inverted... but that can't be a VF-11B?

That's a YF-19?

Pete

Ok... this is really embarrasing for me. I've been on these boards over a year now I think, I've got all of the Macross series watched and all - except II, Encore and Dynamite... I have a big collection of Yamato valkyrie (well, big for me...one of each type pretty much)....

But honestly - I have no clue what's in your sig :(

It looks like it has the nose of the YF-19 - but the wings are not inverted - or at least they don't seem inverted... but that can't be a VF-11B?

That's a YF-19?

Pete

i think he's talking about this :

"Yamato 1/60 Version 2.0 Roy Fokker VF-1S...best money I've spent yet! If you're sitting there thinking "I don't need the new 1/60's, my 1/48's are better!", you're dead wrong"

...on his sig... :rolleyes: