Banpresto Ichiban Kuji Macross Frontier Goods

Save

I don't know. Maybe it's just me, for Ranka I like the Banpresto one the best out of the known products (issued and upcoming).

For Sheryl, the Megahouse one facial script is much more animate-accurate. But I still love a lot the Banpresto one; the quality still impresses me.

For Klan Klan, I have the Banpresto macron version, and I've seen the Megahouse micron version in a shop. Somehow the facial script is a bit lacking to me. :huh: I still want to get a micron Klan Klan though, so I still may get one if it is cheaper.

The micron Klan coming in... July(?) captures the Klan expression better and it's dirt cheap, but I feel weird to buy a figure of a kid in swimming suit.

Initially the price was driven up by the perceived limited availability (it was a raffle prize, not a off the shelf limited/unlimited edition)...but that was tricky, coz if you do a search in Yahoo JP auction, you'll be happy to see plenty of them available (just HOW MANY were made??)

I dont know about the A B C prizes but I know the SD models only 1500 were made of each, they were only sold in 1 chain of combini stores in Tokyo only and sold out in 2-3 days. Each store had limited stock, like 10-20 items, in fact Banpresto had a list of stores posted on their website because it was so hard to find.

I won a 14inch soft vinyl dragonballz figure from banpresto in a crane game over the weekend, according to banpresto's website there are only 5 game centers that have it available to win... I figure it in both cases it is playing up the limited ability plus the difficultness of winning the item...

Edited by silversilver

I got my Klan Klan yesterday thanks to Save. Just opened it up today. Dang is she a big girl! I can definitely concur that she looks better in person than in pictures. Wife had a good laugh about her... Proportions... :lol:

Now someone just needs to make a 1/60 Q-Rea to pose her next to!

Vostok 7

For Klan Klan, I have the Banpresto macron version, and I've seen the Megahouse micron version in a shop. Somehow the facial script is a bit lacking to me. :huh: I still want to get a micron Klan Klan though, so I still may get one if it is cheaper.

The micron Klan coming in... July(?) captures the Klan expression better and it's dirt cheap, but I feel weird to buy a figure of a kid in swimming suit.

Yeah...the Megahouse micron Klan looks like a cosplay Klan really. Nicely made figure, seems better quality (paint and sculpt) than the Banpresto figures, but it just looks like someone else.

And the kid in a swimsuit, I know, it feels like sth. is just not right :unsure:

I got my Klan Klan yesterday thanks to Save. Just opened it up today. Dang is she a big girl! I can definitely concur that she looks better in person than in pictures. Wife had a good laugh about her... Proportions... :lol:

Now someone just needs to make a 1/60 Q-Rea to pose her next to!

Vostok 7

:lol: Ms. Vostok 7 had the exact same reaction as Ms. Regult!!

To be honest I was also a bit troubled by the exaggeration but I got used to it, and it just looks like Klan in the anime, and especially the box art on DVD #8

Ragarding the Q-rea, 1/60 would be great (or plamo 1/72!!), but it will probably end up the same height (or less) thanas this Banpresto figure.

I am still puzzled at why A prize, namely Klan Klan is always cheaper in auction sites in Japan and also in Hong Kong...personally I think it's really the most anime-accurate of the 3.

Edited by regult

THe prices I've seen them go for on Ebay are disgusting. I've paid less for figures of higher quality (my couple of Alter figures cost me less!)..but I guess it's people clamoring for Macross F stuff.

true enough, but there is a seller out of Canada who is admittedly not trying to gouge people, he is who I bought from.

I dunno, I've kind of abandoned going for the large figures after seeing the AO version of Sheryl, so I'm not heartbroken at all. I have taken a shine to the mecha gashapon though, and I did see a few people selling them for a reasonabe price.

I don't know, we'll see.

Well I bit the bullet and picked up a set of the mecha from a seller in Japan..I couldn't resist them anymore. I'll probably skip out on the figures unless a Klan pops up at a decent price. (although bets are off if Alpha Omega makes one..)

Yeah...the Megahouse micron Klan looks like a cosplay Klan really. Nicely made figure, seems better quality (paint and sculpt) than the Banpresto figures, but it just looks like someone else.

And the kid in a swimsuit, I know, it feels like sth. is just not right :unsure:

Very well said... about the cosplay thing. The hair, the dress and the look is Klan alright, but the face is not. They fail to capture the canine look! *sigh*

So I am not the only with the dirty feeling if I buy a figure of a kid in swimming suit. B))

THe prices I've seen them go for on Ebay are disgusting. I've paid less for figures of higher quality (my couple of Alter figures cost me less!)..but I guess it's people clamoring for Macross F stuff.

I've spotted the double-chance special for sale at a store in Hong Kong. The dresses are translucent white and it comes with a certificate as this is a limited run of 100 only. Was pretty tempted although I have the whole regular set already, that was until I heard the asking price -- $12000!! (~US$1550)... gasp! That must be the highest of any single piece of Macross goods I've seen!

post-9429-1242436797_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I'm sad i couldn't get the white version to be honest.

Who here wishes for the white instead and even the original one they did up pre-production/release?

The white ones are nice... But, say... If there were the white version and the color version available from day one, both of which are regular release, I would still choose the color version.

The white ones look better in pics than in person. Again, just MHO.

• 2 weeks later...
:blink::lol:

post-467-1244553917_thumb.jpg

source

Lucky Star characters cosplay as Macross F characters. Banpresto Ichiban, coming in September.

Omg...that's just...wow

Those figures just made the top of my to buy list ^_^

I've done everything in my power to resist Lucy Star now this. Unless you pre-order these they will be next to impossible to get that is for sure.

Do not fight it. :3

By preordering you mean preordering the raffle tickets? Can you get the figures you want by preordering?

The ita-valks are cute too!

Do not fight it. :3

By preordering you mean preordering the raffle tickets? Can you get the figures you want by preordering?

The ita-valks are cute too!

I'm guessing Over-Drive will pre-order sell them individually like they did the Macross F Ichiban Kuji stuff, not sure if they will but I will find out.

Must resist I've lasted this long while working in Akihabara.

I'm guessing Over-Drive will pre-order sell them individually like they did the Macross F Ichiban Kuji stuff, not sure if they will but I will find out.

Must resist I've lasted this long while working in Akihabara.

I applaud you.

Must be some tough months for you listening to "Motteke Seirafuku" in every street corner for 2-3 months straight? :lol:

I bet its all Cagayake Girls now.

Let the cross merchandising begin! Lucky Star and Macross Frontier as the next Ichiban Kyuji lucky draw items. Prices for these will definately skyrocket. Also notice the luckystar schemed chibi VF-25 Ita-valks.

mwthread: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...st&p=759110

luckystarichiban.jpg

source: http://www.dannychoo.com/detail/mac/eng/im...ar+Premium.html

EDIT: Updated with thread in MW.

I gots to get me those Itashi Messiahs!!! B))

any idea on the scale of these? I'm guessing 1/12?

Edit: nm, the original site has them listed as 16 cm high, should be 1/10

Edited by Bri