What's your ringtone??

taksraven

As the silly season approaches, lets start to have some fun.

Mine is the opening theme from Season 1 of Space 1999.

It was really good last year when I was supervising a senior maths exam and I forgot that my phone was not on silent. I was standing there and the drum roll at the beginning of the theme blasted across the hall. Luckily I was close to a door and escaped quickly before I caused too much commotion.

I used to have the Dr Who theme from the 1980's (the rock and roll one mainly used for Peter Davison), but it was way too loud. That one could wake the dead.

Taksraven

For my Ringtone, it is Shine by Alcorus. It is the theme song for the new Game Mirror's Edge. This game is fantastic. I urge all of you who have a PS3 or XBox360 to give it a go. If you have a PC you will have to wait till January.

This ringtone is available from the downloads section of this website. http://mirrorsedge.com.au/

My ringtone used to be Pulse by Yoko Kanno, which I had made up. It needed a little tinkering, so I used Wavepad.

My SMS tone is the Macross Frontier Eye catch still.

My regular tone is the 1960's era Doctor Who theme. It carries really well through the fabric of my pocket, but isn't too overwhelming. Calls from home feature the themesong from Katamari Damacy. And the wife's cell is Don't be Late. Voicemail & Text alerts are set to beep like Kim Possible's communicator. I also have stored for random changes in mood: Futurama theme, BSG:OS theme, SDFM eyecatch & Sanford & Son.

Man, you guys got a lot of cool tones. Do you make them yourselves? Us poor Verizon customers are stuck with whatever Verizon's offering in their "Get It Now" crap (unless you're into hacking your phone, which surprisingly I'm not).

I managed to find some good ones, though.

Incoming call: Lion's Transformers theme (from the 1987 movie)

Incoming SMS: Peter Cullen saying "Incoming Message from Autobot Headquaters"

Man, you guys got a lot of cool tones. Do you make them yourselves? Us poor Verizon customers are stuck with whatever Verizon's offering in their "Get It Now" crap (unless you're into hacking your phone, which surprisingly I'm not).

Make my own. I've got around 20 custom ringtones depending on who's calling.

a coworker has Verizon and we just unlocked him phone (yes, hack), but it was pretty simple, we followed instructions we got online and the software was found online as well.

it was a seem edit or something.

i got two,

general ring tone is King and Jester (russian punk rock) "Brh't / Bro", it's damn cool with the song starting off with him laughing manically.

and for my missus / family it's Ishtar from Macross II (the shortened with Hibiki talking version) - final credit song

I can't see me changing these at all for a long while.

my mobile sucks (but expensive), i'm waiting for the next wave of high tech ones, and upgrade then. Maybe next year... Yep it's a date.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Lamb of god - "laid to rest"

Lamb of God any good. I am interested since they are going to be one of the acts that I see at a festival next year. (Nine Inch Nails, Alice in Chains and the Bloodhound Gang are the headliners)

Taksraven

Is it Peter Cullen as Peter Cullen saying it, or Peter Cullen as Optimus Prime. :p

Sort of like that photo of Sean Connery signed by Roger Moore on the Simpsons.

Taksraven

Edited by taksraven