Is Yamato done with Macross Zero?

sidearmsalpha

Can anyone confirm if Yamato is planning on doing anything else with the license?

Also, not counting the VF-0S with Ghost set, did the re-release of the standalone VF-0S have the improvements like the locking feet and the improved shoulders? I see HLJ is still carrying the set, but they are backordered on the standalone one, which is the one I want, but I want one with the improvements, which is why I'm asking. Anyone get a chance to pick up the re-release and can vouch for the improvements?

Can anyone confirm if Yamato is planning on doing anything else with the license?

Also, not counting the VF-0S with Ghost set, did the re-release of the standalone VF-0S have the improvements like the locking feet and the improved shoulders? I see HLJ is still carrying the set, but they are backordered on the standalone one, which is the one I want, but I want one with the improvements, which is why I'm asking. Anyone get a chance to pick up the re-release and can vouch for the improvements?

Who knows. A lot of people are waiting for the 'reactive armored'.

http://miotd.com/2007/03/12/macross-armore...m-macross-zero/

I'm pretty sure there hasn't been a stand alone 2nd edition VF-0S yet. There's supposed to be one soon though, in December. If Yamato keeps to their recent ways of doing things there should be a MacZero toy following the Spring release of the VF-11 Mac Plus toy. If six months after the VF-11's release there aren't any MacZero rumors then you can presume the line dead (save maybe some repaints and reissues).

If they make anymore Macross Zero toys, let it be a VF-0D 1/60 I really want this one!! But this time around with Arms and shoulders that are shatter proof!! You wonder if all the previous QC issues scared enough people off from buying Zero toys, That Yamato might be concerned of doing any more major releases??

Or maybe they are back at the drawing board making improvements so that a OD and Reactive Armor are possible without any major flaws this time.

Just a quick side question, though it never appears in the Series, there is a VF-0B 2-seater made by Hasegawa, If they had plans for that one, any takers??

post-6180-1226772667_thumb.jpg

the floppy VF-0S and exploding VF-0A certainly scared me of the Zero line, I only have the VF-0S and was just about to get the 0A when all the exploding shoulder reports blew up here MW, certainly kept me off the missassembled Ivanov 51 and not a big fan of Nora scheme...I too are waiting for a reactive armor or perhaps a proper fixed reissue of the shin 0A with ghost combo

I actually think that I will probably buy more VF Zeros down the line.

I just wish they were less floppy. And by this I don't mean the transformation or battroid mode.

In fighter mode, they have this unsightly tendency of not locking together unless you...well...lock them together :)

But generally Yamato did a great job on the SV-51.

Pete

:lol: miriya you are crazy my friend, but in that case i want a 1:60 koning monster mac zero ver. on the deck of the asuka firing you!!!!!1 :lol:

:lol: miriya you are crazy my friend, but in that case i want a 1:60 koning monster mac zero ver. on the deck of the asuka firing you!!!!!1 :lol:

That would make a very cool and very large diorama! Ill take it. Then we can throw in a couple of VF-0s and some SV-51s in the mix. I will need a seperate room for this but it would earn it's rent Im sure. :lol:

could you post pics of the SV-51 weapons pack with extra droptanks and the "Daisycutter" bomb

There is no such weapons pack, i just listed the things i wanted to see being made.

The extra droptanks and bomb was featured in the show so figured why not add them as a pack like the ghost fighter/booster for the VF-0.

miriya you are crazy my man!!!!!you are crazy, but count with me, i live in front of a lake here in monterrey mexico, so you have the sea diorama, i could put some zeros and 51s,,,,,,,jajajajaja....you are crazy!!!!! :DB)):lol:

The proper final form of birdman would look brilliant stuck on a wall. Very artsy.

That would look great in my livingroom! Im sold!

The OS is still one of my favourite designs in Macross, slightly behind the 19 and ahead of the Messiah for me.

The 0D however is my most wanted Macross toy. Yep, even more than the 11B.

I was just looking at my collection and wondering where the VF-0D was. Oh yeah, it hasnt been made yet. They had better do so. I bet that it would be very popular.

miriya you are crazy my man!!!!!you are crazy, but count with me, i live in front of a lake here in monterrey mexico, so you have the sea diorama, i could put some zeros and 51s,,,,,,,jajajajaja....you are crazy!!!!! :DB)):lol:

Thank you for calling me crazy. I actually do take it as a compliment. An insult would be to call me normal but nobody has ever dared do that! You are crazy too my macross loving friend! :lol:

Would be awesome if they made a 1/60 Askua II and call it even, That way you could have a Koning Monster fire a few rounds at a giant Birdman!! while having the ultimate display piece for all your Valk's!! :D

Oh wait, that's only in my dreams..... happy thoughts. :)

you know what would be the coolest thing ever? if when the 1/60 monster comes out, the guns on the back were actual guns that could shoot real bullets. at that size they're about .22 caliber.

that would be so cool showing up at the local range with a freakin' monster.

[warning:the fallowing is a bad attempt at humor, weaponizing your toys is highly dangerous and probably illegal in you're area]

you know what would be the coolest thing ever? if when the 1/60 monster comes out, the guns on the back were actual guns that could shoot real bullets. at that size they're about .22 caliber.

that would be so cool showing up at the local range with a freakin' monster.

[warning:the fallowing is a bad attempt at humor, weaponizing your toys is highly dangerous and probably illegal in you're area]

That would make the coolest and geekiest guy at the range. Good plot for comedy though.

I completely forgot about the Monster- but yeah - it's an obvious candidate.

Speaking of which... I STILL haven't gotten Yamato's Koening Monster and notice that not many people seem to have it, or if they do, they're not falling over one another to show it off...

Maybe Bandai will make one for Frontier?

Pete