Military (real) Mecha Anime VS Super Robot Anime

AIRMAG

Military (real) Mecha Anime VS Super Robot Anime ?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Which Mech Anime type is better?

• Military (real) Mecha Anime
    • Super Robot Anime

I... I... I... I CAN'T DECIDE!!!

i would say, it depends on the mood. each genre has its kick-ass series. it would depend on the mood i'm in, i guess. if i'm in the mood for just pure honest-to-goodness throw-physics-out-the-window fun, i'd go for super robots (Gurren Lagann is as super as it can get!!). but then sometimes, i want hard biting missile to metal crunchy robot goodness, i would go for real robots (Macross!!). so do i have a preference? yes.... on a case to case (or anime toanime basis).

so i'm back where i started... arg...i'll have to pass on this one unless i can click both. :p

well there you go, i can click both. yipee.

Edited by dreamweaver13

It's a great time to be a Real Robot fan... as Bandai slows down/runs out of obvious retro-70s candidates for 'Soul of Chogokin' toys, they are starting to dip into the well of 80s Real Robot goodness... apart from their eternal Gundamned franchises, of course.

Patlabor has enjoyed a lot of love recently. So has AT Votoms (but slowing down already). Bandai's SPEC series has given us Layzner, Dragonar and L-Gaim... hopefully we'll see more companion pieces.

I hope they turn towards Mospeada eventually. It would be nice to have Bandai or Yamato giving a shot at the Legioss/TREAD combo.

Personally, I'd go with Yamato, given the amazing job they have done with the VF-1, but it'd be nice to see Banda¡ giving them the SPEC treatment too.