1/72 Resin Pilots

PetarB

Well due to the tragedy engulfing the eastern seaboard of Australia, my weekend has not gone as planned, and I wont be ready for orders quite yet. Apologies for the delay, but I hope your thoughts are with the families in Victoria. As for me, my thoughts are with central coast of NSW. My family is okay, but we have people who have lost their homes.

Anyway, enough with the doom and gloom, even though I can't take orders yet, I can give you some new pics. Should be ready to take orders next week - apologies for the delay, but its unavoidable.

post-4688-1234089366_thumb.jpgpost-4688-1234089376_thumb.jpgpost-4688-1234089385_thumb.jpg

Edited by PetarB

Well due to the tragedy engulfing the eastern seaboard of Australia, my weekend has not gone as planned, and I wont be ready for orders quite yet. Apologies for the delay, but I hope your thoughts are with the families in Victoria. As for me, my thoughts are with central coast of NSW. My family is okay, but we have people who have lost their homes.

Anyway, enough with the doom and gloom, even though I can't take orders yet, I can give you some new pics. Should be ready to take orders next week - apologies for the delay, but its unavoidable.

Glad to hear your family is ok Petar. We used to holiday in Marysville. I think the figures are around 65 fatalities now - those pictures on the news were horrible. If there are any believers out there in MW land, there are a lot of people that could use your prayers.

Edited by cowie165

Don't you hate it when reality gets in the way!? The important thing is your family is alright. As of this morning, they were saying 131 perished. I'm praying for you guys over there.

And to keep on thread, the figures look great! Hikaru looks a little Zentraedi with a green face. - MT

Prayers and good wishes are definitely sent your way for your family and everyone in the country. I hope that your family stays safe and that there are no more lives lost in the tragedy.

Thanks for the update! The figures look fantastic. I don't know if you caught it, but there was a thread over on SSM about the need for seated pilot figures. Those figures will fill a definite need even if only in the Macross universe. Take all the time you need while you have more important matters to watch over.

Thanks for all the kind words. I was on the phone most of the weekend, it felt like... :(

To Macross Frontier fans (and believe me, I'm one) there will be news, sooner rather than later. :)

In the meantime, here are some more pics with old - and new - friends! This is just to show the fitting in the Hasegawa Valkyrie, and the new Moscato Commanchero. Because of the way these are cast, they have a bit of a shim on the base, so they just can't go into the Hasegawa Valk for example, out of the box. The base of pilot just needs to be run over some sandpaper a bit before they sit in properly, but for that, you get no clean-up on the top - no flash, etc. All the detail is preserved, as it's a one-piece mold. The standing figure will be a two piece mold, but flash should be minimal, as you saw in my previous post. All I did was remove the sprue on top of the heads and bottom of the feet.

post-4688-1234264295_thumb.jpgpost-4688-1234264057_thumb.jpgpost-4688-1234264081_thumb.jpgpost-4688-1234264094_thumb.jpg

Edited by PetarB

• 2 weeks later...

Ready, set, go! This project is finished, and ready to buy, if you're interested.

banner_male_pilots.jpg

banner_female_pilots.jpg

Head on over to Studio Starforge for details on ordering.

Each set contains 6 figures + a custom decal sheet as shown in the above links. They are pressure cast in high-quality resin while the standing pilots have some flash, the only clean up on the seated pilots will be running the base across some sandpaper. They are designed for use with various Macross garage kits, and Hasegawa's Valkyries.

Price US $10.00 + shipping and handling (detailed on the site)

Payment, via credit card or Paypal, just follow the links on the site. Other payment types can be arranged.

Thanks for everyone's support in this project, and on this thread!

Edited by PetarB

You DO NOT have to register, just hit the 'buy' button. ^_^

And Ranger565, be sure to PM me your order name, since you were so helpful you get a nice surprise in your order...

Edited by PetarB

Looks great! Do you will sculpt other pilots (like Destroid Pilots) before starting a sale?

Sorry cool8or, I never saw this post for some reason, until now!

If these go well, I will certainly do Destroid Pilots later on this year. The thing with Destroids is that when you put a pilot next to them, or on them, suddenly it gives it a better sense of scale.

Placed an order alreday yesterday, two thumbs up for the great work!

The pilots will help me complete a Club-M VE-1 kit I have! I will need to do some modifications but should be very straight forward.

Placed an order alreday yesterday, two thumbs up for the great work!

The pilots will help me complete a Club-M VE-1 kit I have! I will need to do some modifications but should be very straight forward.

Me too. And a set of SW pilots :)

I'm very excited.

Hi folks. Thanks for everyone's support on these. It seems a lot of people have been wanting some figures! Anyway, I've run out of resin and still have a few orders to take care of so if you've ordered within the past week, I wont be sending out your order for another couple of days - I'm waiting for more resin to come in, should be here by the end of the week.

Thanks for your patience.

I've seen a couple of photos sent to me already, I'd love to see some more. I'm not going to get to paint any up for another week unfortunately...

Thanks again for everyone's support. Im already planning the next release, but it wont be for a couple of months at least.

Oh jeez, I'm sorry I missed this thread, I'll try to get my order in over the next few days. The sculpts look great and these are a sorely needed fig for Macross modellers. I too look forward to your destroid pilots if you decide to do them.

Pilots arrived yesterday. UN Spacy + Rebels.

For anyone reading, they are very well packed (quite cleverly actually). Some have a *tiny* amount of flash, and the detail is so crisp! These guys are going to come up really well, I'm sure. A big thanks goes out to you Petar, I'm grateful for your effort and really impressed by your fine-scale sculpting. Great work.

Mark

Awesome pilots but those decals put them over the top! I love the battle pod "kill" stencils, too cool! More "kill" stencils would be awesome in 1/72. Not just Macross but also Starwars, Babylon 5, StarTrek, Gundam, whatever, good and bad guys. Keep up the good work!

-Thor

This weekend I will be posting up a paint-up of a couple of the figures, and also showing installation in a Hasegawa Valk and another resin kit.

On shipping; I've had a couple of people chasing up their order, only to receive it a couple of days later. That's fine, please get back to me with any queries, love to hear from you, but keep in mind that

1) Shipping is from Australia, and might take a couple of weeks to get to you and

2) Shipping usually occurs on the back end of the week, so if you order on a Monday it might not go out until Thursday/Friday.

I apologise for any delay.

Edited by PetarB

Pete!!!!!! Can't wait to see some painted up mate~!

You still cool with bringing a few sets to the con for us to buy on the day? If you prefer payment beforehand instead of cash let me know!!

Also as i told ya i'll be in Bris on the 19th and 20th if you want to meet up i can buy some then instead if you want! But would be more special at the Mac Aus con. :p

I'm down for atleast one of each set, and my fav so far is Hikaru (minus his helmet!) Brilliant works of art

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie