1/72 Resin Pilots

PetarB

how the hell can you guys work with such tiny stuff, what kind of tiny instruments and magnifying glasses you use??

by the way, looks great man!

Its easy Petar is only 3 inches tall. So to him it is still quite large.

Petar another Misa pose to consider for future sculpting is the classic saluting pose like the poster behind Hikaru in DYRL.

I also responded to your PM. My fine detail liner brush is waiting.

Edited by HWR MKII

HWR MKII has agreed to feature a preliminary casting of the female flight suit figure in his VT-1 Super Ostrich build up, which I will be sending to him on Monday. As I'm not going to have time to do any build ups for the next few weeks to demo the pilots, we will be able to see how they look in action, I hope!

Oh PetarB - how could I have missed this!!

YES, YES, YES, but is it too late for a request?! Please, please, PLEEEZE... a DYRL Minmay in her orange flightsuit with her helmut off for my VT-1 someday (the only reason I've never started mine was I wanted a Minmay with her helmut in her hands sitting back there.

Amazing micron work!

post-4688-1229837536_thumb.jpgpost-4688-1229837542_thumb.jpgpost-4688-1229837560_thumb.jpg

post-4688-1229837566_thumb.jpgpost-4688-1229837575_thumb.jpgpost-4688-1229837584_thumb.jpg

A quick update.

Note: if these go reasonably, I will certainly make a DYRL-specific set (yes, WMCheng, with special focus on Minmei! :D ). I wanted to brush up on some old skills first before tackling her. Macross Frontier has been started, but nothing really to show for it yet. I'm also half way through a standing Hikaru with his helmet in hand which will be the final piece for now.

My wife was very impressed by the restraint I showed in the 'chest' area for the civilian/officer flightsuit. I did, however, compensate with the female Valk pilot. She wrinkled her nose at me when she saw it.

Edited by PetarB

Nice man, really nice! I feel really good i was able to help you with the pics! :lol:

Very grateful, thank you!

And HWR MKIII, I do hope you receive yours soon so we can see how they look painted up. The ones I sent you were an early cast which I have since remoulded so there will be a little bit of clean up.

PetarB the figures look great! Tell your wife there is nothing wrong with "full figured" women. I think they look great! Besides, some of the "smaller details" get lost in 1/72nd scale ^_^ . Kep it up man! I'm considering a set myself! - MT

Very grateful, thank you!

And HWR MKIII, I do hope you receive yours soon so we can see how they look painted up. The ones I sent you were an early cast which I have since remoulded so there will be a little bit of clean up.

Clean up poses no problems for me. I hope they show soon too. I cant wait to see them in person/. I know how larger images can show off detail but its different seeing them in person.

• 3 weeks later...

These guys should be ready to purchase end of January - I need to finalise a couple of sculpts - working on Hikaru with his helmet in hand at the moment. Then I will cast a bit of inventory before I offer them for sale. Sorry for the wait, hope to have final master pics sometime next week.

Edited by PetarB

• 3 weeks later...

I've just completed the the standing male pilot (who I now think is the best sculpt of the bunch), and will be pouring the rubber moulds tomorrow, so casting can start on the weekend.

So I'm very happy to say that I will be post ordering details, along with pics of the final products this weekend! Big update then... B))

Edited by PetarB

Ohohoh

A magnificent job!

I am anxious to see the final results PetarB

But I am even more nervous to see a preview of the future Macross F kit :lol:

Yes, im part of "new school"

Is a perfect job, mate, congratulations!