1/72 Resin Pilots

PetarB

1 x Macross Male Set (2 x Atmospheric pilot, 2 x Space pilot, 2 x standing pilot figures).

1 x Macross Female Set (2 x Atmospheric pilot, 2 x Female Officer/Civilian Space pilot, 1 x Misa standing (uniform), x 1 x Misa standing (flightsuit)

In that scenario, I could take 3 Male sets and 1 Female set. B))

Thanks PetarB! I think your project will go great! If Misa is any indication, you will sell a lot and make a lot of fans here happy. I build mostly 1/200, but I'll probably take a set too! John's helo will need some pilots! - MT

I think there will be a high demand for Alto/Ozma/Micheal/Luca & Sheryl figures, too, while the franchise is still hot.

You're absolutely right, but I'm waiting to get my VF-25 to assess the possibilities on that one. Come on HLJ!

Hey Petar,

Here is the some of the pics you asked for of Misa space suit. I have also added a pic of the communicator they have on their wrist. Not sure if you can get that kind of detail but I got a shot of it for you anyway. And I added one of the Ground Crew. FYI i have pics from the Perfect Memory if you need them of the ground crew.

Carl

post-1578-1226898524_thumb.jpg

post-1578-1226898539_thumb.jpg

post-1578-1226898543_thumb.jpg

post-1578-1226898550_thumb.jpg

post-1578-1226898555_thumb.jpg

post-1578-1226898559_thumb.jpg

post-1578-1226898758_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ranger565

Great shots, thank you. Saved for reference. There may be some indication of that communicator on her wrist on the sculpt. Going to be tough though getting the buttons there...

Petar,

Dont kill yourself on things like the little buttons, I dont think we are going to complain. Believe me If I really wanted buttons. I will just paint them. The buttons would be smaller then the Ball point Pin head :lol:

if you make some 1/60 figures you will be rich in a little time.

I have 8 models 1:72 but 30 1:60 and I think that a lot of us have more 1:60 than 1:72

What Macross models are in 1:60 scale? I've got over 150 1/72 scale models.

Edited by Grayson72

They can take a long time, as I dont have the luxury of using Bondo or similar quick-setting putties, I have to sculpt, then wait until the next day for the epoxy clay-type material to properly set before I add detail, or machine it etc... it can be frustrating.

Have you tried a "light bulb oven" to speed up the curing of the putty?

I think you can count me in for one male set, possibly one female set. Great looking stuff!

I also agree that - for this community of buyers, at least - a set of 1/60 pilots would be quite popular.

:blink: :blink: :blink: Your work is so small.

I'd for one be happy with just watching you actually work. I alway find watch makers and small scale sculpting fascinating

But I would settle with a couple of sets of each at least. since I only have two DYRL pilots. although I don't have any 1/60 would be popular I'm sure.

petar, have you tried kneadtite or procreate instead of milliput?

(also, MJ, Yamato i already releasing 1/60 ground crews with their destroids.)

Its kind of nice that they are releasing the 1/60 ground crew and pilots the only thing thats sucks about the Crew and the Destroid pilot, is 1 the Uniform is Not correct and totally wrong and they are also colored wrong. They are so far off on what the pilot looks like its having a gundam pilot man a Velk. Yamato is VERY VERY VERY VERY BAD when it comes to color accuracy. and I can back up what I say here :lol: However, they got the colors right for the destroids. They got the color PERFECT for the 1/60 Defender I will give that to them.

Edited by Ranger565

petar, have you tried kneadtite or procreate instead of milliput?

Yes. It's not so good for this small stuff, and also you can't machine it or sand it properly, which are two processes I need to do. But knreadtite does have its advantages, just none in particular for my style of sculpting at this scale. Anyway, I should have some more photos up tomorrow.

Wow Pete, what incredible talent! I'll be mad to miss out on some of these! :D

1 of each or doubles of each for me that's for sure. :) Will get me back into modeling again.

And as mentioned by some members 1/60 scaled figs... sighhhh <3 <3 <3

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

post-4688-1228105597_thumb.jpg

Here are some more pics of progress. Nothing totally 'finished' - I tend to work in stages, and things come together rather quickly towards the end.

The male VF atmospheric pilot just roughed out at the moment, and is a bit too bulky - I will reduce his heroic physique slightly - but not to the anorexic proportions of the Hasegawa pilot. Also, I have not finished his lapel (collar) or put in the straps/belt harness that goes around him. He's progressing well though and should be finished this weekend. I appropriated the peaked 'visor' off the Hasegawa pilot, and modified it. I grabbed the waist and legs so I could be sure he'd fit in the Hasegawa seat, but these are both in the process of being modified as well. The rest of the helmet was challenging but fun.

The one taking up a lot of time, but almost finished is Misa's flightsuit. The helmet in particular is quite a complex shape - it's the most difficult sculpt I've done at this size. But I can't wait to put her in a two-seater later on down the track. There will be a sitting and standing version.

Thanks for looking!

post-4688-1228105597_thumb.jpg

Here are some more pics of progress. Nothing totally 'finished' - I tend to work in stages, and things come together rather quickly towards the end.

The male VF atmospheric pilot just roughed out at the moment, and is a bit too bulky - I will reduce his heroic physique slightly - but not to the anorexic proportions of the Hasegawa pilot. Also, I have not finished his lapel (collar) or put in the straps/belt harness that goes around him. He's progressing well though and should be finished this weekend. I appropriated the peaked 'visor' off the Hasegawa pilot, and modified it. I grabbed the waist and legs so I could be sure he'd fit in the Hasegawa seat, but these are both in the process of being modified as well. The rest of the helmet was challenging but fun.

The one taking up a lot of time, but almost finished is Misa's flightsuit. The helmet in particular is quite a complex shape - it's the most difficult sculpt I've done at this size. But I can't wait to put her in a two-seater later on down the track. There will be a sitting and standing version.

Thanks for looking!

And thanks for making 'em! They look great!

Damn I cannot wait! Not to rush, but when are you projecting these being available? As I said in an earlier post, I;m mainly interested in seated pilots for Hasegawa valks.

Time for an update. I borrowed a more powerful camera. So now you get to see all the 'holes' I have to fill!

post-4688-1228641147_thumb.jpgpost-4688-1228641163_thumb.jpg

post-4688-1228641130_thumb.jpgpost-4688-1228641204_thumb.jpg

Misa is now almost done, I just have to fix her left arm, and give her some legs. One section of the atmospheric pilot's harness fell off just before photography. Once I put that back on, and a little more work, and he's done too. And although there's wasn't really much to photograph, the other good news is that I've started some preliminary work on Alto.