May'n in concert at AFA 2008, Singapore

drifand

There has been some public outcry online over May'N giving out cardboard handouts and not autographs on the spot. To sum up reasons given:

1.) Its Normal in Japan to get pre-signed whiteboards

2.) May’N can’t sign 100 autographs especially after concert

3.) May’N’s management wanted to control the crowd to get only 1 item signed.

4.) White people have better autograph priveledges cuz the Japanese think they are superiour. :rolleyes:

Yeah, May'N's manager was most unwilling to accommodate small requests from her fans. Pity, cuz that's part of why they are there for in the first place. The manager prevented her from giving out personalized autograph whenever he can and was caught for the double standard with people. Also, it seems to me that even May'N has to look to him for decision on every little things pertaining interacting with fans. Really sad... when she could have learned to take little liberties and be more approachable like Ichirou Mizuki.

The manager, that's the guy next to her at the 'autograph' table, right? Not the woman handing out the 'permission tags' at the head of the queue? When she saw I was clutching 2 of May'n's CDs and a magazine she said quite sternly, "No signing of items." Man, she's got Grace O'Connor beat.

Anyway, I don't blame May'n at all. She is what, 19? She sang her heart out for the fans and THAT is the most precious thing. After the concert I re-listened to all her tracks again and picked up on more things that I liked about her singing, like how she pronounces 'Date' without the usual 'dei-to'... and the beautiful ending chorus for Yosei. I'm definitely game for a full concert in 2009. :-)

Finally able to fully recover from the trip today. It was a great full hearted performance from May'n. The Earing was a very nice touch, but can't see it from my distance.

Drifand, Andrew, GGemini, great to meet you and thanks for bring us around.

Too bad nothing much of Macross display in AFA08, very disappointed. Well, May'n performance managed to clear my disappointment.

Finally able to fully recover from the trip today. It was a great full hearted performance from May'n. The Earing was a very nice touch, but can't see it from my distance.

Too bad nothing much of Macross display in AFA08, very disappointed. Well, May'n performance managed to clear my disappointment.

Huhuhu...I was there too with my VIP pass. Was screaming like a bloody Fanboy when May'n sang "Northern Cross" & "Iteza gogo kuji DON'T BE LATE" :D

All in all, a great concert, even if it's a tad too short. Next time, they shld bring Nakajima-san along, so we can hear the whole repertoire.

Though I'm surprised & delighted to see a couple of ppl cosplaying Sharon Apple & Mylene :D

You folks are most welcome :D Thats the least we could do. The truth is, I would much prefer (Ichirou Mizuki) Aniki's live performance and shomanship ;) Once again, I am really glad to meet up with you folks. Cheerious!

a bit late to post but what can I say the performance was damn awesome. Even my wife said "wah, like CD". May'N's voice is really powerful - it takes a lot to sing live and she performed beyond my expectations. Thanks for all the clips, i get to feel the same emotions as I did on that night.

BTW, i just watched this

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bqB1Dkau7l0&...feature=related

(DIAMOND CREVASSE full version ( sub. jap-eng.))

The audience in Singapore put the jokers in this clip to shame !

Edited by Minister

BTW, i just watched this

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bqB1Dkau7l0&...feature=related

(DIAMOND CREVASSE full version ( sub. jap-eng.))

The audience in Singapore put the jokers in this clip to shame !

Haha, yes the audience body language is quite restrained isn't it? But I believe this again boils down to cultural differences. Truth be told, during performances of 'quiet' songs like Diamond Crevasse and Yosei, Japanese audiences would maintain silence to let the pure emotion wash across the venue. Read some hardcore fan reports that the back-portion of the AFA audience was actually too noisy during those 2 songs :p

The manager, that's the guy next to her at the 'autograph' table, right? Not the woman handing out the 'permission tags' at the head of the queue? When she saw I was clutching 2 of May'n's CDs and a magazine she said quite sternly, "No signing of items." Man, she's got Grace O'Connor beat.

aha! it's an act. by the next concert, that manager will try to kill May'n. If Mayn's next concert is in a war-torn country with threats of insurrection, be prepared for the worst. :p

Edited by dreamweaver13

Wolfx, check out Naka-dashi's report:

http://naka-dashi.org/index.php/2008/11/we...fanclubs-night/

OFFICIAL PIXXXXXXXX!!!! May'n looks freakin' fantastic with her 'Sheryl' earring. I believe the front-row shot caught the both of us plus GGemini's forehead, haha! :D

Oh man, still haven't come down from the concert high...

Hi guys!! was waiting for the site to be "open" again... didn't know the board was already functional <_<

I saw my forehead! :p

Glad to have met all of you. Sorry I couldn't post earlier... I was in KL last week for work (and I just found Pang's number today :huh: )

• 2 weeks later...
Hi guys!! was waiting for the site to be "open" again... didn't know the board was already functional <_<

I saw my forehead! :p

Glad to have met all of you. Sorry I couldn't post earlier... I was in KL last week for work (and I just found Pang's number today :huh: )

Ha ha no worries, if pop by in KL again, please call us ! There plenty of good Malaysian food around here !

• 3 weeks later...

Was trawling Youtube the other night and came across a NEWLY uploaded clip from the concert:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QggKX277Odo&fmt=18

It's a pretty good recording of the emcee's introduction segueing right into May'n's opening number. The previously available clip of 'Welcome to my fan club's night' was a partial recording. Too bad the uploader doesn't have more...