May'n in concert at AFA 2008, Singapore

drifand

Here's one:

mayn.jpg

Mods, I hope this size is OK.

She was lovely - as was the crowd. Hard to believe that people are that crazy over here.

Yep, I cracked - I decided that Macross > exams. Wish me luck for tomorrow!

Edited by shiyao

eyesonme78 > i was there too but on the left side. u should've gone to the left side too, its much easier to squeeze in closer to the stage :ph34r:

May'n has such a POWERFUL voice!!! WOW! Very spectacular performance. unfortunately there was no encore... i hope its becoz it was getting late and there's still the handshake + autograph session.

May'n! May'n! May'n! May'n! :p

:wub:

Edited by Shun

I was at the VIP area just now!

YUP! IT WAS REALLY DAMN GOOD! Her voice was really amazing!!

FANTASTIC MAY'N !!! Blow my expectation away!!! the crowd and atmosphere was also great!!!

The 1st and 2nd song really kickstart the show into turbo charge

"Welcome To My FanClub's Night!" followed by "What 'bout my star" perfect start.

followed by Infinity , Yousei(my fav) & diamond and couple of other songs

ended in bang with "Don't be late", everyone around me was shouting in the chorus "MOTTEKE"

Really the concert can go a bit longer too!

Edited by shimiwako

Was there on saturday evening to catch the concert, and back again on sunday evening for the other concert.

Though, I only remembered to bring my digicam on sunday.

Anyway, without further ado, here's the photos.

The seminar schedule:

DSCF0054.jpg

Some of the exhibits by toyntoys:

DSCF0072.jpg

DSCF0059.jpg

DSCF0005.jpg

DSCF0006.jpg

DSCF0007.jpg

DSCF0058.jpg

DSCF0060.jpg

DSCF0061.jpg

DSCF0062.jpg

4:30am...just got back from singapore. Coherent speech...impossible.

Highlights:

- Brought toy hunting around Singapore by Drifand

- Ggemini gave me the Diamond Pass....a hundred thanks to him and i'm forever grateful!

- May'N's concert. Pure awesome and better than I expected. Very high on energy and emotion. May'N's really into her songs.

- No encore.... disappointed.

- Autograph session....not allowed to let May'n sign your CDs, artbooks etc. Was given a white cardboard that was pre-autographed by her. A lot of disappointed fans. Her manager doesn't allow it.

- Met up with MW members from Singapore....namely Drifand, GGemini,Vanpang and Izzyfcuk....and some lurkers. Noticed some ppl here were also there but didn't meet up with us. :(

Sleep....needed. Review and photos....later.

I was at the VIP area just now!

YUP! IT WAS REALLY DAMN GOOD! Her voice was really amazing!!

FANTASTIC MAY'N !!! Blow my expectation away!!! the crowd and atmosphere was also great!!!

The 1st and 2nd song really kickstart the show into turbo charge

"Welcome To My FanClub's Night!" followed by "What 'bout my star" perfect start.

followed by Infinity , Yousei(my fav) & diamond and couple of other songs

ended in bang with "Don't be late", everyone around me was shouting in the chorus "MOTTEKE"

Really the concert can go a bit longer too!

Yep, just like in the TAF though she only just sang the one song "Don't be late" mainly since it was the only one that the public knew about from the preview Deculture episode. Did she invite people to join in the chorus before hand or was it a spontaneous reaction? In TAF she invited the crowd to join in a brief talk before her performance. We were only a small crowd (by necessity since the performance was at the Satelight booth but large enough to kill off traffic at all four intersections and staff had to come in to direct traffic), but I was pretty sure the chorus of "MOTTEKE!!" could be heard from any point of that busy noisy hall at Big Sight.

Yeah she's got a great voice and great stage personality which was why it was as great as it was. I would have liked to have been there at AFA and get 7 songs to my TAF one, and could have, air fares to Singapore being pretty cheap these days but you know, work and stuff. :sad face:

Glad you all have fun there though, I knew you all would.

Pardon the amount of photos...

Was there any official presence of Frontier at AFA other than May'N? Maybe by Bandai or otherwise?

Also, a little off topic, any "Kara no Kyoukai: The Garden of Sinners" stuff on display at the Animax booth?

Group shot was with GGemini's and a couple other's digicams... Anyway, May'n put on a really great show, she really picked up on some of the 'Sheryl Nome' stage presence with her poses and high-kicking. And Diamond Crevasse really could break your heart seeing how much emotion she put into the song.

But... the pre-signed autograph thingy was a real low. These traditional-minded artist management companies are stuck in the last century! How do you think May'n got such a huge reception in Singapore without the power of the Internet, BT and Youtube? Hmm? "No photography or recording please, by May'n's personal request." Right. NOT. Coversely, Mizuki Ichirou, aka 'Aniki' to the fans, really reached out with an hour-long performance + encore and wasn't shy about photography etc. Here's a seasoned pro who has learned to build success upon a new reality. Kudos.

Anyway... just a few more pix to share. The Macross Frontier cosplayers were really good, but it was my loss to have missed out on the better Michel players.

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

Kira kira!

06.jpg

Me and GGemini on the left :-)

barely made it to the concert. sorry couldn't meet up with you guys. was dog-tired from furniture shopping all day and my girlfriend was begging to go home right after. she enjoyed the show though, much to her surprise. still hope to meet local MW members at the next opportunity, after i've settled in.

some highlights for me:

- May'n in person! even though from where i was, she was no taller than my thumb, it was still great!

- finally learned the correct pronounciation of May'n, and also the chant version: Me-i-un! Me-i-un!

- the production was bare but May'n's performance made up for it. energy was definitely there, on stage, and with the crowd

- Yousei! i can now die happy.. it was probably too much to expect a live band, would've been great to see the drum sequence on this song (and Northern Star), so i guess i get to die another day..

- got to shout Moteke! with absolutely no care in the world if i sounded silly

- one of the back up dancers can probably pull off a klan cosplay ;)

i didn't score any loot though. the toy exclusives didn't really interest me, and most of the toys i did like were already in transit fromHLJ. was hoping to find SMS patches and MF character gashas. how did you guys do?

Just got back this morning at 4am and now back to work, sigh! The concert was great and it should be longer ! May'N is really good and sexy that night, the trip down has been worth it! It was great meeting up with Drifand, Andrew, GGEmini and Izzyfart and thanks for showing us around :)

Sorry I didn't get in touch - I didn't expect to go for the Anime Festival at all, having exams the next day. My bad!

To atone, here are some more pics of May'n:

post-2777-1227515585_thumb.jpg

post-2777-1227516057_thumb.jpg

post-2777-1227516294_thumb.jpg

Edited by shiyao

Sorry I didn't get in touch - I didn't expect to go for the Anime Festival at all, having exams the next day. My bad!

To atone, here are some more pics of May'n:

Hi shiyao, thanks for sharing with us the pictures, nice shots ! Hope you can join us next time!

Lol .. that's the difference between a real SLR and a "prosumer".

Hi shiyao, thanks for sharing with us the pictures, nice shots ! Hope you can join us next time!

Thanks, definitely for sure!

Fantastic capture! But I'd venture to say the high point was Northern Cross... the shouting participation was 'easier' and really added to the urgency of the performance. All the 'MOTTEKE!!!' for the closing number would be a close second. Sigh... the memories. Hey, AFA organizers: You shoulda made an instant DVD and sold it right after the show! You'd be rich(er)!!! :D

I actually had "Northern Cross" and "Iteza Gogo Kuji Don't Be Late" down on video, but then something happened to my memory card. Disappointing ... but I suppose that's karma for you (we were told not to film anything).

I agree - "Northern Cross" was the climax. It's just such a groovesome song. :)